It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budget Deficit Triples Over Last Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
money.cnn.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The government says the federal budget deficit soared in July, pushed higher by economic stimulus payments and $15 billion in outlays to protect depositors at failed banks.

The Treasury Department reported Tuesday that the deficit for July totaled $102.8 billion, nearly triple the $36.4 billion deficit recorded in July 2007.

The deficit beats the $97 billion gap that Wall Street economists had been expecting for July.

Okay - seriously - hit that link. Those three paragraphs are the ENTIRE article????????

Are you scared yet? I am being told these numbers do not include the costs of the war. It's the stimulus package (failed) and THE COST TO PROTECT DEPOSITORS AT FAILED BANKS!

Let's not forget the FED's "watch list" of other Banks that are in danger of failing (which for some strange reason did not include IndyMac - a biggie).

Just watch the rest of them scrambling, these are big banks in today's news:

JP Morgan - my.earthlink.net.../48a10ac0_3ca6_1552620080812-150107243

USB - my.earthlink.net.../48a10ac0_3ca6_1552620080812908040306

Where will this end? Bear in mind USB is not a US Bank, so this monster is not contained to the US.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Seriously? Not a single concern or comment?

Gosh guys! This is big stuff and your future is being flushed down the toilet. I would have expected at least a little outrage.

new topics

join