It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker Wins Extradition Delay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If i was illegally accessing military networks I would claim i was looking for UFOs aswell

If he was a muslim he would be in camp x already.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
By witnessing how he's being treated for looking into the topics of UFO's and free energy (subjects that are supposed to be within the realm of the absurd), we should take notice that this is a touchy subject for the people pulling the strings in government. These topics are publicly treated as 'stupid' by government and the media until someone dares to blow the lid off the entire operation. It just proves to me he was on to something.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

No it doens't prove a thing, they are angry he accessd their systems, you really think things like UFO's and free energy (assuming those thigns existed) would be on computers cnnected to the civilian internet? Are you aware there is a ssecond internet used exclusively by military and intelligence that so far has not been accessed by any civilian (that we know of).

It's rediculous to think anything extremely top secret would be on these machines. They are simply trying to show what you get when you try and "hack" miitary computers. Although i do wish the media would stop making him sound like a computer genius, it just annoys me.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Gary's "crime" was in fact "civil disobedience" a legal precednt set by people like Martin Luther King and Ghandi.

Civil disobedience is where the voter exposes government lies and cover-ups by whatever means necessary, as these governments are responsible directly to us the voters whom they represent.

A well-read executive of the Exopolitics organisation brought this precedent to my attention recently and I have passed this on to Gary's team of legal representatives, let's hope they can use it to help Gary.

Ross

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I don't think he will serve a long term in jail, the press are on to it and I'm not too sure that the Government wants everything to come out in the open, I mean if Gary's lawyer says's he found a list of secret names of Astronauts, his lawyer will ask for the paper, if the Government deny it, they will start to look really stupid in their cover up intentions, maybe a deal will be struck up where as Gary gets a remand sentence, a slap on the wrist, and that will be all we hear about this case.

Gary will probably write a book on this whole stupid affair and live the rest of his life somewhere in the Bahamas.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Our Government is so evil. Government corruption wrecked my life! The laws are not in place to protect/defend you from injustices, it is only there to prosecute you and After you see corruption on a scale I have seen you are ready for tea party.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
to put it simply DONT MESS WITH THE US!

seriously though i mean alot of people sue wireless routers here I am assuming like myself. Would a person not feel violated if someone was using their bandwidth through the admin password to download files? This is no different he is not a user of the systems that he was in and what he did is nothing grand china does it everyday. the difference is this guy got caught. I like to say the good criminals get away and the dumb ones get caught so he should suck it up and admit to what he did. Not to mention he is not an american so i dont know why people would take it easy on him or let him off. America is at war to defend our country from terrorists, isnt this really like espionage? Most people I talk to think he should be executed like the people who gave up our bomb secrets. He is no different and should be shown the mercy of our country by being put out of his misery.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

Did you even read this thread? Please consider what this informed member has said (reposted for your convenience):

Originally posted by nomadrush
Gary's "crime" was in fact "civil disobedience" a legal precednt set by people like Martin Luther King and Ghandi.

Civil disobedience is where the voter exposes government lies and cover-ups by whatever means necessary, as these governments are responsible directly to us the voters whom they represent.

A well-read executive of the Exopolitics organisation brought this precedent to my attention recently and I have passed this on to Gary's team of legal representatives, let's hope they can use it to help Gary.

Ross

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by Evasius

No it doens't prove a thing, they are angry he accessd their systems, you really think things like UFO's and free energy (assuming those thigns existed) would be on computers cnnected to the civilian internet? Are you aware there is a ssecond internet used exclusively by military and intelligence that so far has not been accessed by any civilian (that we know of).

It's rediculous to think anything extremely top secret would be on these machines. They are simply trying to show what you get when you try and "hack" miitary computers. Although i do wish the media would stop making him sound like a computer genius, it just annoys me.

Thats not strictly true, according to Gary he 'stumbled' across many things including a list of names that he said corresponded with non-terrestrial officers/crafts I believe these are craft and personel that are frequently working in space under top secret conditions. (moon and mars in particular) working with several different types of e.b.e's in order to not only colonise other planets but to mine resources in order to keep 'the powers that be' on top.

The first time Gary Mckinnon was challenged by Government personel when hacking into thier computers he wrote on the screen that he was part of security and that he was testing the system. Which they believed.

I firmly believe Gary saw much more than he says.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Evasius

You obviously have no idea what your talking about...
Have you not heard of other real hackers that caused much more damage than Mckinnon getting jobs with the government after doing 2 weeks of a 4 year sentence in jail...
McKinnon won't even go to America any way, when he goes to the EU courts do you honestly think we are gonna see him again, if i were him i would vanish at this time...
I'm also pissed with the Labour Government, no one like them except all the foreigners and scruffy tramps that don't have a job and only claim benefits...

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
They're acting ridiculous because they ARE ridiculous.

Their biggest fear is:

"If the visitors turn malevolent, can the govt and military stop them?"

"No"

"Then what good are you?"

sty

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
this is ridiculous! there was NO security to start with ! Hack involves penetration of some security devices or programs. He just accessed information , he did not hack anything.He could not compromise any national security in the first place as the computers were not protected. The only people to be judged are the IT managers of NASA ! This guy cannot be judged for hacnking , he is not a hacker himself! So, he is getting 70 years in american prisons for accessing information on unprotected computers!

The best hackers are the russian ones , so if a random guy is able to access the NASA computers via unprotected pc-s, i supose NASA does not have secrets towards russians then.. let us ask the Russian about UFOs ! I guess if I would be Russia (in the light of Georgia conflict) I would play the UFO disclosure card so I rebuild my international image as a "hero" ..

[edit on 13-8-2008 by sty]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Although Garys' situation really sucks, what this really brings home to me is that our government is really going out of their way to put this guy in an American jail so they can keep him from talking. He didnt actually use any hacker tricks to get into the system and didnt do any damage to the system either. So whats got the U.S. government in such a tizzy? Maybe the fact that he found out some things about the alien/ufo situation and the governments' complicity in hiding the truth from the rest of us. It really pisses me off that our tax dollars are being used to hide facts from us. It also pisses me off that our tax dollars are being used to hide the fact that our tax dollars are being used to hide the fact that our tax dollars are being used to hide the fact AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH........(brain explodes)..

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If you really care about this matter and want to see our country protecting its citizens at least until they are proven to be guilty in a British court then please write to the Chief Law Lord and tell him that you believe that the law lords have acted wrongly.

Lord Bingham - [email protected]
Please copy-in [email protected]

Ross

[edit on 13-8-2008 by nomadrush]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadrush

Cool, thanks for the e-mail addresses. I will write to them today.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Why are people saying he didn't hack anything? He bypassed a firewall by portal sniffing (Hacking) then he logged on to systems using Admin passwords. HACKING!!! then he proceeded to open files that were on a system half a world away. uhh.... huhuh.... that would be hacking. Has the British IQ's dropped?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
Although Garys' situation really sucks, what this really brings home to me is that our government is really going out of their way to put this guy in an American jail so they can keep him from talking.

I don't think it's to keep him from talking, he's talked already. It's to try and send a message to other hackers and to cover the embarrassment the USA is feeling over it's badly secured systems. Although it should again be pointed out that the real secret stuff is sent over a completely seperate system to the internet.

He didnt actually use any hacker tricks to get into the system and didnt do any damage to the system either.

He didn't physically damage anything no, but the amount of money they'll have to spend on going through every system will be extreme. You see although he never damaged anything they will have to check all systems he accessed to see if he left anything on them. It's a standard procedure in any computer break in like that. At least it should be standard procedure for any decent tech.

Originally posted by spookjrSo whats got the U.S. government in such a tizzy?

Read above.

Maybe the fact that he found out some things about the alien/ufo situation and the governments' complicity in hiding the truth from the rest of us. It really pisses me off that our tax dollars are being used to hide facts from us. It also pisses me off that our tax dollars are being used to hide the fact that our tax dollars are being used to hide the fact that our tax dollars are being used to hide the fact AAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH........(brain explodes)..

Again i just don't see that the top secret stuff you are on about would be kept on public systems. I'm sorry but if it was all that secret then it would be in bases that half of us don't know exist, ona closed network or at worst hooked up to the seperate military internet. It wouldn't be publicly accessable.

sty

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree with you on this - it would be very VERY stupid to store sensitive data on unsecured computers..but again , the jobs are not gained on skills but on relationships out there , so nomatter how stupid it sounds it could be actually true haha. I`v got some of my personal data on electronic files too, and i tell you it cannot be hacked online - as I simply do not connect that computer to the internet haha

[edit on 13-8-2008 by sty]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Again i just don't see that the top secret stuff you are on about would be kept on public systems. I'm sorry but if it was all that secret then it would be in bases that half of us don't know exist, ona closed network or at worst hooked up to the seperate military internet. It wouldn't be publicly accessable.

So by what you are saying here you are suggesting that Gary didn't actually access secret files? And if so then why is he being charged with anything at all?

He gained access to the files by going through the publicly available webpage. If he gets charged with anything, it sets a rather dark precedent for all publically viewable sites on the web doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
So by what you are saying here you are suggesting that Gary didn't actually access secret files? And if so then why is he being charged with anything at all?

He gained access to the files by going through the publicly available webpage. If he gets charged with anything, it sets a rather dark precedent for all publically viewable sites on the web doesn't it?

No i was saying the technologies you talk of (if they exist) would be on very secure networks. Lots of secret stuff is kept incorrectly but not the stuff you were taking of, maybe i should have been clearer.

He should still be charged for gaining access to computers he was not authorised to access. Lets be clear here, he used a perl script to enter blank and apparently manufacture default passwords, into every password field he could find. Therefore he illegally accessed systems which is against the law.

Your comments about publicly available webpages are meaningless, because he didn't just access the public part, he went looking for the private part, and that's where the crime is.

Oh and i'm not sure why you're trying to argue he hasn't broken the law when he himself has said he has (i think). He's just trying to lessen his sentence and i hope it is lessened because it's a rediculous sentence for his crimes.

[edit on 13-8-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join