It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disclosure ? 100 years ago - people believed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
hi - this is a direct rebutall to mr Singh`s thread

in which he claims that this mythical ` disclosure ` will cause massive panic and the collapse of society

UTTER TWADDLE , like so many - he relies soley on a single report from decades ago as " proof " of his accusation

as my title claims - - people used to believe in extra terestrial civilization - and guess what - they did not panic , oceans did not rise , empires did not fall

my evidence ?

the ` canals of mars ` saga - it was rported as FACT in books , newspapers etc by eminent scholars upto and including lovell

did the reportage that our 3rd nearest planet was home to an alien civilization case panic - NO !

I conceed that emperical proof was never offered for the canals - and they were disputed by some - but none the less thier existance was widley believe - with little consequence or damage to the fabric of society

so please stop scare mongering - and projecting the claims of a few individuals onto the worlds population

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think in today's world we will welcome proof of E.T.'s - not run around in 'panic' destroying things, screaming etc... like in some weird B-rated sci-fi film.

My personal take is that we [humankind as a whole] will enjoy the knowing of 'we're not alone'....

More just need hard core proof to believe in E.T.'s now.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Thats a good point.
I've believed as long as I can remember, and have never been worried or scared in any way.

However, don't you think all the Hollywood blockbusters about evil aliens eating people and destroying the world over the last 30 or 40 years has had an impact on people?

Its made them scared, thats what.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
There is a huge difference in "evidence" in this case.

100 years ago someone claimes there are cannals on Mars and they conclude there is life on Mars. Just a fact WITHOUTH definitive proof. No real ufo's, real aliens. Nothing more then this so called fact. And of course, NO panic. Like we see now, a lot of pics etc....

In both cases the world would have been shocked (will be) when those aliens flew over our homes with their ufo's. Then its real, then this fact arrives in people CONSIOUSNESS. Then people really react.

I guess a lot of people will panic. Of course! Their grond under their feet, which all people need, is gone. Religion seems to be different then people thought. Or other believes, like the skeptic believe, what about the skeptics?
They will be really panic?
Stock markets will be affected with the chance of real financial panic ? etc...

Just my opinion of course

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunica

it's nort really about evidence though,well,not in this thread. It's about public opinion. 100 years ago,public opinion was accepting towards alien life. Something's changed that opinion,wether it be from science pathing the way in what we think and believe,or if we've been "conditioned" by ze nazi nwo,is I s'pose open for debate.

topic flagged and starred. I likey

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
reply to post by Lunica

it's nort really about evidence though,well,not in this thread. It's about public opinion. 100 years ago,public opinion was accepting towards alien life. Something's changed that opinion,wether it be from science pathing the way in what we think and believe,or if we've been "conditioned" by ze nazi nwo,is I s'pose open for debate.

topic flagged and starred. I likey

You are right indeed. Its about opinion. But also opinion is something else then REAL evidence, like Living aliens on tv and flying saucers all around.
When that does happen, people DO react different, there will be some kind of paninc IMO. Then its really real for most people

Then it appears IN the life of people and not outside, which a paper or television is for most people.
Then you have to deal with it and not just move on to the next page in your paper, or channel on tv.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by Lunica]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Then again, 100 years ago new lands on earth were fresh in peoples minds. It wouldn't be unusual to hear about a new island, a new tribe, a new race;

and given the lesser communication/travel ability of earthly civilisation 100 years ago, could it not be said that those new races all those thousands of miles away would be as alien as a little green man from mars?
They wouldn't have been scared, it would just be another new thing.

And people don't seem too keen on new stuff today unless its forced down their throats by very persuasive advertising campaigns.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
LUNICA - the ` canals on mars ` was not just the claim of a single person - it was a widley held belief

and what do people actually expect from ` disclosure ` anyway ??

the goverment saying - yup aliens are real

err right that would be the same govenment that people distrust because they believe theyare not telling us about aliens

- thats the silliness of some peoples expectation of disclosure - they do not trust the government because the govt says there is no alen contact - but they demand the govt tells them yes there is an alien contact

how dammed daft is that ???????????

top topics

join