It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A report that an 'American' has been taken prisoner in South Ossetia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Blog spot

An American has been taken prisoner by the Russian military. The American, noted to be African American, is thought to be one of the American trainers working in Georgia for the United States. The article notes he is being transfered to Vladikavkaz for further questioning.

Iff this is true, the smelly brown is just about to hit the fan.

Here is the babel fish translation of the Russian article. If this is true, that guy is going to be in a whole world of hurt right now.

In South Osetia is seized into the captivity the group of the Georgian demolishers, among whom is located the citizen of the USA, [afroamerikanets]. About this reports " Ossetic [radio]". Group is delayed in the region of the settlement charges, which is located to " to the road of [zhizni]" - To [zarskoy] road. It is assumed that the citizen of the USA - one of the instructors of NATO. At the given moment it is crossed into Vladikavkaz for explaining all circumstances of its presence in the territory of republic South Osetia. As notes " [Rosbalt]" , previously [yuzhnoosetinskiy] plenipotentiary in RF Dmitriy [Medoev] already reported that among the corpses in Tskhinvali were discovered several bodies of dark-skinned people, which warred on the side of Georgia.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Isn't the US and NATO indirectly linked to the coup that placed the current dictator in power as well as supplying weapons, I saw this lately in one of the other posts on ATS covering the Georgian- Russian Conflict. Interesting find OP. I dont know what ramifications this might have but I dont think it'll end up well.

Heres a link to one of the posts

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/10/2008 by SHADO13]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
seriously, this whole conflict is bad i have a bad feeling about it, that its going to lead to WW3 seriously.....

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
yeah i think this guy may have been one of the mercs. one of his buddies wound up dead...

"poop meet fan"

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My gut feels almost the same thing Megalomaniac but I dont know if it will lead to WW3 its just like last summer when Israel and Hezbolla went at it. But if an American is involved as the OP has found then, well I dont know, the US and NATO could get involved.. Anyone have any other ideas?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

People, especially of the Neocon variety will dismiss the notion of U.S. military involvement since this guy will claim to be a mercenary working for Blackwater. The problem is that "Blackwater" and it cannot be denied is tied heavily into the whole military industrial complex and thus anything they do is done so with a green light from the State Department. No matter how private Blackwater claims to be, they are indeed a tool of U.S. foreign policy.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yep Blackwater actually reports directly to the White House while other Merc Firms report to the Branch of the Military they are supplying their services to.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yep, Blackwater are the new ' action arm ' for the White House i agree 100%.

This is bad, very bad indeed.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Dan you should get your hands on the new Blackwater expose by Jeremy Scahill its a good read and it gives you more insight and details into the inner workings of Blackwater and other details the media seems to not cover.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADO13
Dan you should get your hands on the new Blackwater expose by Jeremy Scahill its a good read and it gives you more insight and details into the inner workings of Blackwater and other details the media seems to not cover.

Thanks for that. I always wanted to know how a millionaire former Navy SEAL gets all the fun of running Americas new secret army.

Will look it up.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Gateway Blackwater extradites their people immediatley after they have commited a crime such as the Blackwater merc who killed a security guard in Iraq, he was taken out of the country and was never made to answer for his crimes.. I think maybe this American is from another Merc Firm..

new topics

top topics

join