It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia/Georgia Situation News & Updates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Since when does FAIR outbalance victory? What does the US have to do with Russias conduct toward her neighbors?

It's this sort of reaching that make me lose respect for you immediately. When being fair is more important then the interests of your nation and her people, you just lost your foreign policy vote as your opinion, if followed, would destroy us all. If all it did was make our lives really crappy, and not destroy us, you're still fired.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Ok first of all there is nothing on the news about two Russian planes being shot down. For now all it is a propaganda war , dont believe everything you hear on the news until proven, everybody is looking for a hot story thats it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian Boy
Ok first of all there is nothing on the news about two Russian planes being shot down. For now all it is a propaganda war , dont believe everything you hear on the news until proven, everybody is looking for a hot story thats it.

Its on bbc news 24.... well now its olympics again,but it was just on,russia bombed a military complex which resulted in two planes being shot down,now tanks have crossed border and making their way to the capital..

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

It's on Sky News now, it's the top story. It's also been on BBC News and Reuters, which was my first link, is reporting it.

UPDATE!!!!!

OOOOOOOoooo hooo hoooo Georgia has urged world leaders to press Moscow to stop using Military Aggression - BBC NEWS 24. Wonder who'll heed the call?

[edit on 8-8-2008 by RenegadePsycho]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
some people have no clue at all as o what the US involvement in this is - i can see russia using nukes when this goes out of control to send a message to the USA.

link   
georgia has just appealed to the international community to put pressure on russia to stop its *agression* against them,and supposedly the georgians have already taken over ossetia..

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Lethil]

link   

Ok first of all there is nothing on the news about two Russian planes being shot down.

Erm, yes there is. It's ALL OVER the news - this is big.

The Georgian President confirmed the two planes thing. Russia has basically invaded Georgia, and now the two states are basically at war. Basically.

link   

Originally posted by Lethil

Its on bbc news 24.... well now its olympics again,but it was just on,russia bombed a military complex which resulted in two planes being shot down,now tanks have crossed border and making their way to the capital..

Check your news again bbc video still nothing about plaines being shoot down

Half of what is being said there, is a lie, ''Georgia attacked south Osettia to restore peace" Yeah right like Usa attack Irak as well for peace.
Thats just sickening

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Russian Boy]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil

Check your news again bbc video still nothing about plaines being shoot down

Half of what is being said there, is a lie, ''Georgia attacked south Osettia to restore peace" Yeah right like Usa attack Irak as well for peace.
Thats just sickening

It's on the BBC NEWS 24 Channel. This is getting messed up now, I've been up so long following this that I cannot even remember what this whole thing was over...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Russian Jets have bombed air bases. This just off the press.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Its to early to say anything yet , but i will let you know if i hear or read anything. As i can speak both languages which means more info from both sides

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Russian Boy

Thanks RB, a lot of people can get caught up in the moment with what they hear on TV.

Keep us up to date with what you hear on your side

link   
What a great way to start the fireworks

Now for U.S play their chess piece on the board

link   
reports coming out of South Osettia are that Georgian soldiers are slaughtering anyone , men , women and children they see.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Russian plane attacks Georgian military base near Tbilisi - Georgianmedia
US military instructors are also based in that base.Sorry for the poor written english

www.interfax.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Horrible
this is gonna get way out of hand, well it already has.But other no doubt be dragged into this mess

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rixhell

What so your basically saying Russia killed some of our men

that's act of war

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This cant be good.

Does this mean Russia and Georgia are at war now?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Georgian Official has stated Russia has invaded Georgia and the two countries are "close to war". If this isn't a war what the hell is it!?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RenegadePsycho
Georgian Official has stated Russia has invaded Georgia and the two countries are "close to war". If this isn't a war what the hell is it!?

Its a tea party mate lol jking.. but i think its just the start what will happen

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join