It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHI: Full Specturm Camera Catches Fantastic Looking Orb!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xylophobia

So far you have come up with 0 evidence....

I don't have to believe, ghost hunters and ghost hunters international come up with PROOF of the supernautral just about every episode.

I am not so open minded that my brain falls out.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I honestly have to watch ghost hunter, I've seen clips of certain episodes and they really have interesting results. From the shadow creature/being in the lighthouse, to the psychic and a ghost hunter member emitting and interacting with each other auras. All which I could relate to my experiences. And now this...

To be honest, I used to believe wholeheartedly in the existence of orbs, but after a couple of years of seeing the "evidences," I began to become skeptical about it, I felt the majority of orbs photographed were nothing more than dust particles almost to the point where it strain my confidence in ats members, psychics, and certain witnesses.

But seriously, thanks to the episode you just linked me up, I'm reestablishing a stronger beliefs in orbs, and trust in ats members, psychic, and witnesses. That isn't to say that I was wrong for ever doubting.

While I still believe the majority of photographed orbs are nothing more than dust particles, now believe there are a handful that does produce legitimate photograph of orbs, and maybe I should reanalyze other photographs of orbs out there.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

It's rubbish. Some video doesn't prove anything apart from there's a video of whatever it is it's showing. That's it.

Don't let your desire for orbs to be true to cheat you out of your ability to reason.

Plus, that show is a joke.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by menguard

So many assertions, so little evidence! Let me have a go!

Grant is a flying unicorn from the FluffyPants nebula.

this is fun! I can make stuff up too!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The light proprieties of supernatural objects or entities, are quite unknown.

You cannot expect things that cannot be seen with the naked eye to have properties of things that can be seen.

how true you are,its a shame ignorant humans can only see the ham sandwich in front of their face yet forgetting and dismissing there is a whole other world outhere,why do idiots try to debunk when someone is offering to show them the truth?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Enlarged and with some fantasy (Ive plenty) you can see a scary face in the orb itself

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Hey IMAdamnALIEN, "Sigh".......As you might expect, i have orbs in my front yard, probably the backyard also, i never go back there, bears. Anyway here is a photo of an orb i took a week ago, there were a dozen or more that were very faint and two that were bright.

[edit on 113131p://am3142 by debris765nju]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

I agree with you 100%!

I would have to say about 99% of orbs are nothing but dust and moisture reflecting light.

Its the ones that emit their own light that are amazing and worth evaluating.

Thanks for your input!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is an unenhanced enlargement of the orb in my yard. I cut this out of a 400k photograph so it enlarges fairly well. Orbs are hot air balloons for very small entities. lol

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Well you just proved to me you dont follow the shows.

If you did, you would be a believer.

Period.

Their evidence speaks for itself.

This "orb" is only a tiny piece in their collection.

I would link you to the other supernatural proof, but I really feel its a lost cause with a mentality like yours.

Sorry, but I am going to have to deny ignorance on this one.

Nice try though....

[edit on 12-8-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Thanks for sharing debris!

These pictures are the clearest you have come up with

Most likely moisture, but I think its a pretty "orb" none-the-less.

Thanks for your input

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The problem with trusting a television show for your evidence is that in order for the show to remain on the air it has to maintain a stable and/or growing audience. And the best way to maintain and grow and audience is to show them what they want to see. Even if you have to manufacture that material.

Thus any evidence a television show can produce has to be suspect from the beginning. Is it simply faked material to generate viewership?

I'm not saying everything they produce is faked, but one has to seriously question the evidence and even lean toward the faked conclusion due to the very nature for which these shows must gear towards.

To speak directly to the image at the start of this posting, there are 3 "hot spots". Why 3 and why is only one mentioned? Two do appear to be reflections off of something in the background. The third could likely be a reflection just like the other two. Yes it looks odd but based on the fact it's not the only reflection in the image, it seems no more odd than a natural occurance.

Then add to that the fact that these shows are rewarded by their growing viewer ship really means that all "evidence" really needs to be beyond interesting and be incredible before it can be counted.

In order for these shows to have any validity to their evidence they need to go back to that room and take another photograph with a regular camera. One where we can compare side by side so we are sure there isn't something sitting in that spot that could produce that anomoly. Without that evidence... this evidence is entirely dismissable.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
My take on the ghost hunters is this.

the EVP's are interesting, found all around the world by many many investigators. But EVP's can easily be faked by a production team so none of those are evidence.

The EMF detectors need to go out the window. they don't prove anything. it could be radio signals traveling through the house for all they know. I know for a fact that every time they are on a battleship and they get EMF readings they are almost always standing near welded metal. The military degauzes battle ships after they leave a repair dock becuase the weldings carry a strong magnetic charge. so everytime they get readings on the battleships of EM fields they are really just picking up the welding they are standing next to.

ION meters, again what do they prove? ionized air? could be from a number of reasons.

Using a barometer. They still haven't explained how a ghost could effect a barometer and as to why they think using one will help.

The recordings using the digital recorders of knocks and bumps are interesting, but they could be a lot of things from animals in the walls (which can sound pretty creepy from my experience) to the house settling.

The sounds of footsteps. Well inside I can understand, but when they are out side at night the smallest thing walking around in the foliage can sound like a full sized man walking around. Several times in boston in the thickets behind my old apartment north of cambridge I was sure that there was a full grown man walking around somewhere outside my field of vision, stalking or pacing me. sounded like heavy foot steps in the woods. I was sure it was a person, turned out to be a field mouse about 4 inches long.

The video footage is pretty interesting and where I think the best evidence comes from. Some of that stuff is hard to fake, other footage could be easy. But the Augustine lighthouse is pretty damned convincing.

I don't know what to make of the thermocam. I understand that ghosts can theoretically cool the air around where they manifest but why would that air temp drop not be picked up around the locality of the ghost? If you see a thermo image of the ghost usually appearing hotter than it's surroundings then what is the deal with the air around the ghost. it should be cooler than the ambient. also why would the ghost even have a heat signature that resembles the same heat signature of a living human.

I believe that the thermocam does get some good evidence from time to time but I still haven't heard an explanation from the ghost hunters as to their reasoning behind using it.

All that aside I love the ghost hunters. watch every episode. I believe that they are generally honest and that most of the evidence is not doctored.

And I do believe in ghosts, I grew up in a haunted house. on the corner of castilian dr. and outpost dr in los angeles. Big spanish style three story house. north east corner.
Most of the things the ghost hunters say about ghosts I have found to be true from my own experiences. cold spots, feeling watched, weird noises, luminecent pockets or air, lights and objects moving from time to time, some people swearing they saw full non vaporic apparitions (I didn't see one), lots of shadow beings (saw those though)

So generally I think they are doing good work. but it is very easy to doctor almost all of the evidence they present. Although I honestly don't think that they do, and if there has been any hoaxes perpetrated by the show it would be by the production team not the actual ghost hunters or their immediate crew.

As for the orb. it's interesting. it seems like it's doing everything that the ghost hunters say it is. the posters statements about the light reflection of the object to not line up optically with the angle from the camera also seem right too. I think there is a factor we are not considering. what it is though I have no clue.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by BASSPLYR]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join