It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GHI: Full Specturm Camera Catches Fantastic Looking Orb!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
www.hulu.com...

Watch the episode online for free....(38 mins in you will see the orb)

The most amazing orb I have ever seen!

The image was captured using a full spectrum camera, taken by one of the investigators of Ghost Hunters International.

Here are the amazing screen shots!

Original screen shot:

There's the tip of an investigator's finger pointing to the reflection of the orb!

Touched up version:

Another screen shot:

Enhanced:

This would be the best evidence I have ever seen to date.

If anyone has anything to share please feel free!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Okay, that's not dust! It is strange. I can not watch youtube or scifi on this computer, so could you tell me what they say about the orb? Do they have any ideas or just puzzled?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I've never really given orbs much thought even though it seems as though more and more are photographed.

Are orbs just glowing blobs of white or colored light that float around haunted houses and cemetaries or do they evolve into other shapes like ghostly figures?

Nothing personal but I find them boring and like I said have ignored reports of them.

By the way, the link you supplied for the vid is only accessible in the US. I got an error and I'm in Canada.

THanks for sharing. I haven't seen any episodes of Ghost Hunters International yet. I guess I'll have to search around or wait for some uploads.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pamie

They had no idea what it was!

They were only interested in the fact that it was emitting its own light, and was reflecting off the surface in the background.

Usually orbs are just dust, this one is definitely unique!

Thanks for your input

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

I agree!

I never give orbs any attention, as many photographs contain dust and other bits reflecting IR light.

I have only seen one other orb on video that compares to the complexity of this "orb" here.

I looks like a mini UFO!

Pretty cool stuff!

Thanks for your input

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Emitting it's own light? wow. On the show, I like how they pretty much ignore orbs . They always say dust or bugs, so this is the first time I've ever heard them give an orb much attention. But, I can clearly see why this one is interesting.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by Pamie]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
One thing to note is that what they call a reflection, can't be a reflection from the orb. A reflection from the orb would have to fall inside the angle of view from the camera. Here's a quick diagram of what I mean.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xylophobia

Well you missed it!

That's the cameras flash you are pointing at.

If you read my OP then you would see that an investigators finger is pointing to the reflection on the wall behind object!

Thanks for your time!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Maybe you should watch the video again... I am pointing to the "Thing" using it for reference... you said he's pointing at the refection from the object... "There's the tip of an investigator's finger pointing to the reflection of the orb!"

That can't be a reflection from the "thing" they are referring to. I don't know why they point to that "reflection" they don't say much about it and move on. They say "There's something here that we find very interesting... and that's this" and they point at the dot that you refer to as a reflection and then they move on to discuss the "thing".

The "thing" being the large blob of light... which is not a flash reflection.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I see what you mean, I was confused by what you said versus your diagram...

I confuse easily, my mistake

That being said, I am wondering why you think the reflection should be different, and how you are able to draw such a conclusion?

I would assume using your using logic, but, are you referencing something?

Thank you

[edit on 8-8-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

It looks just like a UFO, it sure would help awaken the ufology field out there that the possibility that they are actual beings, flying around.

Not just crafts. Micro and macro.

There are actual other worldy beings on some of the sci-fi channel GhostHunters, that you might catch if you look, I saw at least two or three times, different forms of the human format.

Different forms of human walking around.

I believe one was in a field in Ireland or Scotland, another time is in this lady with red hairs house that a being is caught on camera, does a close up then goes to commercial.

[edit on 8-8-2008 by menguard]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

*Humbled*

Thanks for your reply!

I was thinking the exact same thing.....

It just looks too similar to a craft......

Different forms of the human format?

Care to elaborate? Sounds intriguing!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Not all humans parade around in human flesh, that spiritual essence maybe from somewhere else. Maybe a more comfortable appearance to a different location in the space time continuim.

Ask yourselves this what do you really look like outside your bodies?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
When you see a reflection (assuming the reflecting plane is perpendicular to your point of view) the reflection has to appear visually between you and the object that is causing the reflection.

Hold your hand out to the right and look in a mirror. As your eyes scan from straight ahead (left to right)... you will see your face (in the mirror)... the reflection of your hand (in the mirror)... then your actual hand (beyond the mirror). The reflection has to be between the point of viewing and the object itself.

I hope that makes sense

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Although your theory is good, it still doesnt factor in the variables....

Such as refraction

or

Angled surfaces....

If the mirror your looking at refracts light and shows your hand 20 feet away, does that mean your arm is 20 feet longer? No, it means light can play games.

So, in other words, if the mirror, or whatever the reflective surface is in the original image above, is angled slightly, you would have a completely different variable to consider.

There are too many variables for your diagram to work.....

Or, I am missing something obvious....

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

Although your theory is good, it still doesnt factor in the variables....

Such as refraction

or

Angled surfaces....

If the mirror your looking at refracts light and shows your hand 20 feet away, does that mean your arm is 20 feet longer? No, it means light can play games.

So, in other words, if the mirror, or whatever the reflective surface is in the original image above, is angled slightly, you would have a completely different variable to consider.

There are too many variables for your diagram to work.....

Or, I am missing something obvious....

As I said... as long as the reflective surface is perpendicular to your line of sight... and if you note in the picture they are referring to... that surface they are pointing at is perpendicular to the line of sight.

Anyway... I guess it's a moot point as they thing they are pointing to... they do not state is the reflection of this "orb".

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

*Sigh*

Once more.......A direct quote from the video.......

"This seems to be reflecting off something in the background as it travels across the room. Meaning that its giving off its own light."

How did you miss that whole quote?

I think the one who needs to watch the video again is you my friend.

Take another look.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
We appear to be discussing different things. What I was referring to is where you said he was pointing at the "reflection". He's pointing at the little dot. Not the large UFO shaped thing zooming across the image. All I was saying was that the little "reflection" can't be a reflection from the large object.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The light proprieties of supernatural objects or entities, are quite unknown.

You cannot expect things that cannot be seen with the naked eye to have properties of things that can be seen.

A dragon might have a unicorn reflection, no one would know because, it hasn't been studied before.

We now have an opportunity to study and actively research paranormal and supernatural entities with evolving technology.

Full spectrum cameras along with FLIR cameras are just tools in the search for the truth.

With that being said. Natural light properties we see every day, would not apply to supernatural objects and entities. So, this large UFO shaped orb, could be doing astonishing things with light in order to be seen on the full spectrum camera, the tiny dot could be a reflection of this supernatural object, or it couldn't, but my point is, don't blindly dismiss something if it doesn't add up right away.

Keep an open mind

[edit on 11-8-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

With that being said. Natural light properties we see every day, would not apply to supernatural objects and entities. So, this large UFO shaped orb, could be doing astonishing things with light in order to be seen on the full spectrum camera, the tiny dot could be a reflection of this supernatural object, or it couldn't, but my point is, don't blindly dismiss something if it doesn't add up right away.

Keep an open mind

Well... I can see you want to believe so badly that no amount of evidence can dissuade you. Have fun with your mysteries.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join