It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'God is punishing Canada'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

'God is punishing Canada'

www.winnipegsun.com

A fundamentalist church group from the U.S. has announced it plans to picket the funeral of Tim McLean Jr. in Winnipeg, declaring, "God is punishing Canada."

"People are absolutely outraged about it," said Doug Mitchell, a friend of McLean's for about seven years.

Led by pastor Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church from Kansas issued a release saying they would picket McLean's funeral this weekend.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.winnipegfreepress.com

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So this Westboro Baptist Church group that protests in the USA at soldiers funerals are coming to Winnipeg to hold a protest outside of Tim McLeans funeral, the beheading victim in Canada. Seriously what is wrong with these nuts? This is the last thing Tim McLean's family and friends need, as if they don't have enough to deal with already.

www.winnipegsun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If I was Tim's family and seen them when I was driving in, I'd slam on the gas and steer right into them. %*&%ing scum.

I'm counting the days until some members of this church die. I intend to picket their funerals. I'm damn sure I won't be the only one.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What a bunch of sick #%&@s!!! I can't believe these so called christians would even consider doing that at a funeral of someone who was killed so horrifically. And what exactly does some twisted maniac killing his seatmate on a bus for no reason have to do with God "punishing" Canada? These b*st**ds shouldn't even be allowed to cross our borders if they plan on doing that at this poor guy's funeral.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is going to be awesome. I don't think those people understand that their rights as Americans don't hold any water up in Canada. I truly hope they get arrested and thrown in with the guy that did it. Let's find out if God punishes them.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think the REASON why these fools are doing this is worse then WHERE/WHEN they will be doing this.

Such a pro-war church should be burnt to the ground and have all ashes thrown into outer space towards the sun.

It started with the american govt. promoting hatred towards america, but as time passes an intersection is growing, where the other party are americans themselves.

What's the solution, all you more intelligent americans need to go out in the masses and protest against such fools.

Unfortunately this 'other' party outside the intersection are extremely lazy.

So while you all pretend to be outraged at this while doing nothing, that intersection will grow as times go by.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If the cops don't get them the people will. Our "freedom of speech" is a LOT different than the States. They will get pummled and the cops will be looking the other way.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Welcome to the wonderful world of Fred Phelps, and the Westboro Baptist Church of Wichita Kansas.

You see, they hate anything they can even remotely connect with support or toleration of homosexuality.

The funny thing is: It's a family business. Most of the congregation are his immediate family and their families. He is a conman from wayback, a flimflam artist. I'll see if I can find a link to a story that tells all about Mr. Phelps and his brood of fallen angels.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yee-haa. Give 'em one for me.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This was my first news post so sorry to the mods for whatever submission guideline I didn't follow correctly. I'll be more careful next time.

Anyways I live in Winnipeg, MB and there's a counter protest being organized to chase these nutters away. I'll be in attendance at the funeral and will have my camera to film the actions of these Westboro Baptist Church scumbags. Apparently CNN will have a crew in town also filming outside the funeral so we'll see what happens.

RIP Tim McLean!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This group sickens me to no end, they preach intolerance and hatred. ben420, ill be right there beside you protesting at their funerals too.
I can't wait to see this family in Hell, I bet they will be surprised.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They sound like serial-killers pleading insanity.
"God WANTED me to do it."

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. It seems the collapse of religion is approaching. And I say it couldn't have come any sooner.

Why don't they protest something reasonable like the senseless killing of thousands of innocent people in this so called "War on Terror"?

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The question is, does Canada have the same freedom of speech laws and rights as we do in the US? If not, then Fred and his merry band of inbred children can be arrested and held for disturbing the peace. As much as I hate the WBC and everything they stand for, they prove that we stillh ave some rights that ol Georgie boy hasn't taken away.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They aren't a prowar church, they're a bunch of homophobic frauds, who use their preaching of hatred to shill the rubes out there who share their twisted religious ideology.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
If the cops don't get them the people will. Our "freedom of speech" is a LOT different than the States. They will get pummled and the cops will be looking the other way.

So they coud possibly go to jail over this? awesome, then Freddie boy can go to jai, get cornholed, and then maybe he will have some first hand knowledge of god "Hating Fags"*

*This was not meant to offend any homosexuals, this is merely the exact wording that Phelps uses in his signs that he has small children holding at protests. If this is against terms of use then I appologize in advance.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by Finn1916]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Phelps and that church are somewhat looney. This is a great example of unstable minds being influenced into doing things that are militant. Phelps would do much better to practice what the bible really says, which is love conquers all. He is just trying to show that he is some kind of important prophet fortelling the doom of the canadians and world etc.

He would be right to warn them from the pulpit, but trying to get his message out by picketing the funerals of soldiers that are dieing in Iraq by saying it is because of the homosexual policies of the United States is wrong.

It makes people who were sitting on the fence not want anything to do with these so called "loving Christains" because of the sickness of their methods.

Phelps, start praying for and leading by example, instead of trying to get noticed by being radical, and maybe your tiny church will grow into a nice big one where people really love each other and the lost...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Such a pro-war church should be burnt to the ground and have all ashes thrown into outer space towards the sun.

Wrong. Why do you think they protest at soldiers' funerals?

Hopefully Canada with their lesser rights to free speech do lock them up permanently.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

Don't kid yourself. There's nothing unstable about them...they're conmen and women, using facets of religion to snooker those who agree with the sentiments that Westboro supposedly espouses.

Conmen, plain and simple...

It's a hateful screed they're selling, but it's a con.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yes Canada, please feel free to deliver nutshots with some of those seal clubs for us in this country that are stuck having to deal with these jerks. In much the same way as I believe Freedom of Speech has been grossly abused by the anti-conservative movement, it has been equally abused by this yambag and his merry band of fools. I honestly don't understand why some relative of a fallen soldier hasn't beaten the bejesus out of him and his congregation outside a cemetary yet. It isn't like there's a jury in this country that would convict a grieving father or brother of anything if they did. In fact, that's a jury I'd love to sit on just so I could have the privaledge and honor of exonnerating whoever was patriotic enough to do the deed of shutting Phelps up.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Wrong. Why do you think they protest at soldiers' funerals?

Hopefully Canada with their lesser rights to free speech do lock them up permanently.

We do not have "lesser rights to free speech". I have no idea why you have that ignorant idea.

Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
a) freedom of conscience and religion;
b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and
d) freedom of association.

Charter of Rights and Freedoms

It might actually be harder toss them in the clink than I had thought. Unlike the US we don't use "Free Speech Zones"

Although we might be able to catch them up on C, since it really isn't a peaceable assembly

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join