It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halliburton, and Dick Cheney, are killing our troops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Yes, I started with a headline that is inflammatory. This was intentional.

Halliburton, a company that Richard B. Cheny, the current Vice-President of the United States of America, is/was? a director. Perhaps his Board seat is waiting for him, once he is no longer in 'office'....

I will assume he still serves, in some capacity, nevertheless. This company, Halliburton, has won quite a few 'no-bid' contracts overseas, and even in Iraq....can we all say 'Conflict of Interest'???

Have any of you heard about the few dozen American Servicemen who have been electrocuted in facilities, built overseas, by contracters that the Halliburton firm oversaw? NO? Then I suggest you look it up....try to Google it, or if that fails, then go to MSNBC and search there.

WHY is this not in the MSM?

Comments, please....

My edit, for spellin....

[edit on 8/6/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I heard about the electrocutions through the MSM. The problem really lies in the unskilled labor that is being hired at the local level to perform these tasks. It is a shame that these soldiers had to die this way. It is unfortunate and unacceptable. The root of the problem goes farther back and is deeper than who the current contractor may be. When the US downsized there military they created a situation where the military is in a position where they can no longer truly support themselves. Instead far too many jobs that were once done by soldiers are now being done by contractors. Soldiers will inherently do whatever is necessary to protect each other because they are part of one big family. A civillian on the other hand really has no attachment and little motivation to do the best job possible. Obviously not all contractors are that way and I am not attacking them. The military can much more easily correct the errors of soldiers than they can the mistakes of civillians. I hope this makes sense.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by THE-LURKER

Thank you, LURKER....but, as I read your post, you didn't seem to answer the critical issue, which is: Why is this company, that is part of the Richard Cheney EMPIRE, allowed to be awarded these no-bid contracts, and then, after sub-standard work that results in deaths of US soldiers, still get off 'Scott Free'???

WHERE is the outrage????

I'd like the NEOCONs to chime in....they love Bush/Cheney....care to compare???

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I guess my intent was to point out that the problems go deeper than Bush/Cheney/Haliburton. I don't agree in the ways that these contracts have been handed out. They go against what we as Americans hold dear. However these electrocutions had the potential to happen under any such administration. The executive branch of government also isn't the only part to blame. The Congress and evern the judical branch fail time and again to use their powers of oversight and deserve as much of the fingerpointing as the excutive in situations like this.
There isn't going to be any outrage from the government and most of America is asleep at the wheel. The govrnment isn't going to be outraged because I can almost assure you that Iraqi workers had hands on in probably all of the electrocutions. The government isn't going to upset the balance. Plus do they even have the authority to go after those responsible on the ground? Even if they did they wouldn't do it. They would then be spun in the MSM and the world to look like bullies.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by THE-LURKER

Very good points, LURKER. I agree, there may be lots of blame to spread around. I'm just supposing that, because of the curent Administration, the jobs/contracts got funnelled to certain entities.

Hence, my comment about 'no-bid'....seems fishy to me.

AND, for any who lost a loved-one due tp this travesty, I mean no disrespect. I really want to hold those responsible, accountable.

NO ONE should die needlessly.....this is my point.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Absolutely no one should die needlessly. The military is going to take necessary steps to correct the issues on the electricity to prevent future issues. I don't like the "no-bid" issue either but, unfortunately alot of the services that Haliburton and it's subsidaries provide are only provided by them. I'm sure other companies are capable but, the troops on the ground can ill afford to allow another company the lead time to get there resources in place where as Haliburton was ready to go from day one.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wrong, wrong and real wrong.

First of all it is KBR that holds the contract with the military now, not Halliburton because Halliburton doesn't own KBR anymore. But even if it did, you're still severely wrong in your facts.

KBR reported the unacceptable grounding conditions of the palace(s) to the military. KBR did not have a contract to rewire the palace(s). The military did not act on KBR's reports of dangerous condtions. The military did not request repair work to fix same.

This has been covered extensively in the MSM - I'm not sure how the OP could miss the facts as bad as he did.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Geez. Do you think the the DU tipped rounds may have something to do with it? The lack of support? Or the whole bloody mess? Let's not forget the white phosphorous party, sure that was a party.
Bloody hell.
But we will import cute puppies rescued by our compatriots because they are well...cute.
GW...I would not want to be you when I go to meet my maker.

[edit on 8/6/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Look, lets get this one straight....Dick the Cheney and Halliburton have already arranged to move their entire Headquarters into Dubai, from where they can manage their ill-gotten contracts in Iraq. There are others also in this great Gang-Bang, including the notorious Neoconjobs.

But the question is this :

Why are they being allowed to get away with Crimes of Treason

This is a Black Mark on the Justice System of America

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Into Dubai. Do buy. We have been tucked, sucked and you know what else. Scumbags!
I really wish I could go out on a Texas ranch with a few beers under my belt hunting for quail. Shoot my buddy in the face and come away scot clean. That's America.
Scot clean is what these perps will emerge. And it makes me very angry.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
pbs now. John Marshall refused to stand down against all parties. He fought and won. My namesake. If I could only live up to a tiny percentage of his will.
pbs now. JD Rockefeller and C. Mellon made 10 mil a year in 1880.. While the average American made 500 dollars a year. They sent the troops to try to take early unions down.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Ya! Feel good. Feel good! Reported by an aid to w on the night of the Iraq invasion.
Feel good!
Mad tv. When your Mommy spanked your butt all around the house. She didn't do it enough.

[edit on 8/7/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Have any of you heard about the few dozen American Servicemen who have been electrocuted in facilities, built overseas, by contracters that the Halliburton firm oversaw? NO? Then I suggest you look it up....try to Google it, or if that fails, then go to MSNBC and search there.

WHY is this not in the MSM?

Is CNN not MSM

KBR Electrocutes a Dozen U.S. Troops, One Green Beret Dead

MSNBC
Haliburton and KBR are screwing our troops!

US Troops in Iraq talk about Halliburton & KBR

Halliburton provided contaminated water to Soldiers

Haliburton delivers US troops dangerous water

9-12-2003
High Payments to Halliburton for Fuel in Iraq
www.abovetopsecret.com...

29-6-2005
Haliburton Hearing? Feeding our troops expired food?

Halliburton Watch!
www.halliburtonwatch.org...

20-12-2007
More Women Claim Sex Abuse At KBR (in Iraq)

[edit on 7-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon, thank you!!

I finally figured out how to start a thread that has some relevance...and I appreciate you contribution, because you have the resources to substantiate what you post.

Again, thanks.

WW

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dubyakadubla
Look, lets get this one straight....Dick the Cheney and Halliburton have already arranged to move their entire Headquarters into Dubai,

Were we not going to give control of our ports to a company from Dubai?

Delaying of Dubai Port Deal Brings Port Authority Grief

The furor over a company from the United Arab Emirates operating terminals at the Port of Newark has been nearly matched this week by turmoil surrounding its exit.

Over the past year, DP World, the port operator owned by the royal Maktoum family of Dubai, has been under stiff political pressure to sell its rights to run terminals in ports around the United States. So in December, DP World reached an agreement estimated at more than a billion dollars to sell its leases to A.I.G. Global Investment Group, an arm of the American insurance giant.

NEW YORK TIMES

I wonder if Haliburton has any contracts on THESE projects in Dubai?

The New Tower of Babel
www.youtube.com...

Dubai in 2009
www.youtube.com...

Dubai World Islands
www.youtube.com...

Dubai Projects 1/5
www.youtube.com...

Dubai Projects (version 2) 1/3
www.youtube.com...

The first World Dynamic Architecture in DuBai project

Here at ATS we debate new tech while Dubai is getting buildings like this while YOU are paying for it at the Gas Pumps...

Shanghai, Japan and Munich already have operating maglev trains that hit 500 km/hour while we sit in chat rooms and forums debating "well sometime in the future..."

Bend over America YOU are paying for all this so THEY can enjoy a lifestyle you can only dream about....

Meanwhile back in IRAQ...

Iraqi government expected to have $79 billion surplus.

Saudi Arabia...

Because og oil profits Saudi citizens do NOT PAY INCOME TAX and neither do the businesses

Saudi-owned businesses do not pay corporate tax
SAUDI ARABIA PDF

So what's it gonna take America?

Obviously THIS isn't enough...
"BUSH GUILTY OF 1ST DEG MURDER" - BUGLIOSI TELLS CONGRESS
www.youtube.com...

Obviously THIS isn't enough
9/10/2001: Rumsfeld says $2.3 TRILLION Missing from Pentagon
www.youtube.com...

Nor THIS
McKinney Grills Rumsfeld
www.youtube.com...

Obviously 9/11 wasn't enough No matter which side of the fence your on...

If "terrorists" did it why are we doing business with them and why are they making Mega surplus profits..

If "They" did it... why are "They" still there?

President Bush -- Fool me Once...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I finally figured out how to start a thread that has some relevance...and I appreciate you contribution, because you have the resources to substantiate what you post.

Took ya long enough

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

yeah....well...I have about 20.000 points, and you have....hmmm...let's see....a lot more!!

Back to my OP....I failed to mention KBR, but I see others have correctted me ... but KBR is a subsidiary of the Halliburton Corp.

Then, others tried to point out that Dick Cheney 'resigned' from the Board of Halliburton, once he became VP. Oh, Really????

There is more and more conspiracy, not just the KBR/Halliburton cionnection.....this administration is awash in scandal. We have only scratched the surface!!!!

Z knows what I mean!

Funny, back in my early Airline days, they wanted me to buy a Halliburton suitcase, 'cause it was the thing, back then....glad I never gave them any money!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Z knows what I mean!

In the meantime while our back is turned...

Mexican Military Infiltrate U.S. Border & Hold U.S. Border Agent At Gunpoint

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Z, I watch a great show, on SHOTIME....called Weeds.....see, I actually have a sense of humor. AND, this is one of the funniest shows you could ever hope to see, I hope you TIVO it....

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
U.S. Has Spent $100 Billion On Private Contractors Since Iraq Invasion

<<   2 >>

join