It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for the NASA backpedal after the White House briefing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Looks like NASA wants us to forget about there being any hope of life on Mars...they claim to have found perchlorate in the soil. And the article goes on to say that this is "dimming the hope of life on Mars".

www.cnn.com...

I doubt we will be getting any new announcements. Looks like even revealing that there is water on Mars was too much to tell the people, so its time to remind everyone that Mars is just a big red rock that should be of no interest.

Carry on.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
"Time for the NASA backpedal after the White House briefing"

You are hurting plucky's brain with this...please rephrase, ever seen the movie Scanners ?

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I prefer their silence to more lies to be honest.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
nasa is having a phoenix misson briefing here in just a few minutes. I think they are just going to talk about what has happened so far.

its on now

heres the link

www.nasa.gov...

[edit on 5-8-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

[edit on 5-8-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well they probably got the extra funding they wanted after announcing the water. They're saving this one for a rainy day.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
That public relations guy sounds like the guy who talked to the Kerrang radio guy, didn't call him back.

edit: Hah, did I say carbon?? I meant chlorine. Freudian slip?

And so they've only just started analyzing soil? They've sent up how many landers and probes? I swear I heard about them scooping up soil before, and they've only just discovered this?

[edit on 5-8-2008 by unnamedninja]

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
so rocket fuel eh? sure it could be a natural occurance but what about the terra papers account of what happened on mars.. shall we

The war Planets surface was obliterated. All traces of life under King ZU ZU were destroyed. Cities were leveled, forestes destroyed. The beauty of the planet and its civilizations was no more. All forms of life were destroyed. With no animals or plants to feeds its atmosphere, the once living and thriving planet died. Only its red sands remained. The blood red dust became a fitting memorial to the bloodshed of the Solar System War in which billions perished

if anyone else has read the terra papers this small find is rather interesting to find.

or you can start fresh and read the terra papers HERE

new topics

top topics

join