It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunked---Please Delete

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
DEBUNKED. Sorry

[edit on 3-8-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Is it just me or does the thing in the middle look like a canopy over a structure??? like a roof or something.... Pictured in each upper corner are the same too, like they are mirror images of each other. Thats out of control!!!! that thing totally looks like a structure the more i look at it! so do the things in the corners!!! Cool Pic MatrixBaller!!! i'll be staring at this for a while. can't wait to see some other opinions about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Is this from Spirit or Opportunity? I want to go check this out myself. If they were older, I would say that the thing in the middle is the landing platform thingy, but I would still be perplexed by those things on the side. Strange picture.

(edit - I must be lazy. I'll just go check out both of them.)

[edit on 8/3/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Also, if you look at the angle of the lighting from the sun on the rocks, there is NO WAY POSSIBLE there should be any light able to hit the middle of that "structure".

Again, this is all just speculation and I am awaiting further discussion and opinions.

And it's from Spirit

[edit on 3-8-2008 by MatrixBaller04]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Cool photo.

Must be the platform the rover rolls off of?

[Sorry, Curious_Agnostic, you beat me to it!]

Or maybe it's a ski lodge.

[edit on 3/8/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Older Photos from Sol 1523:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

It's possible, but explain to me the evenly spaced black dots across the top of the hill, connecting all 3 objects together.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
i circled what i think look like possible structures.... Not so much the ones in the opposite corners, but deffinately the one in the middle.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Cool pictures. I will assume it is related to the probe. I will go out on a limb and call them artificial.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixBaller04

Indeed it is, and according to the link below, Spirit has not traveled in any kind of circle. It's far from the landing site!

marsrovers.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
What's with all the Mars hype here recently?

Anyhow, the image is quite intriguing.
It looks to be some kind of space junk; from Earth or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ummmm guys? What you are looking at is wiring and equipment on the underside of the solar panels that the camera sits under. On the rover itself.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
this has been posted before..... sorry, I went to look for the thread, but can't find it. Sure someone else will come along w/ the correct thread to link you to the explanation.

Something about those are internal parts... kind of a fluke shot. Can't really explain it bc I am not sure how it happened, but the correct thread has pics that can show internal parts of the rover that do in fact look identical to those "structures" and I was left w/ little room to argue. I will keep looking for the thread.

link   
The photos came from this page:
Mars Exploration Rover Mission

I've seen this on earlier pictures - I too believe it is a reflection of some part of the rover under which the camera is situated.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by Makuahine]

link   
I believe Montana is correct....ALL of the photos under the Rear Hazcam for Spirit has this in them.

Sorry to get your hopes up...Especially mine

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well glad we killed this one real quick... lol, i got excited for a minute.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yep this proves it is the rover itself in the picture...No structures guys

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
But, hey you were right!

It isn't a natural formation!

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Haha...I'm a little frustrated now though...I thought I had found something. Oh well...Off to look for more.

And I am deeply apologetic for getting anyones hopes up. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixBaller04
Yep this proves it is the rover itself in the picture...No structures guys

I wish you had shown me that before I freaked out and flagged the thread.
I'm even usually a skeptic when it comes to structures on mars. Oh well, at least I held out for a little bit. I didn't flag it until after I saw the Spirit map.

new topics

top topics

join