It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flying Saucers of Otis T Carr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Otis T Carr and his team constructed a number of fully functional, flying saucers in the late 1950s. The flying disks worked and were demonstrated. Carr was serious about ‘taking his craft to the Moon.’ However, two weeks after a dramatic test flight, their laboratory was forcibly closed. Federal agents confiscated equipment as well as all documentation.

Source

Otis Carrs Protoype

Construction Plans

Craft Design

Full Scale Model

I hope Carr is not the last of his kind.
I hope there are more HUMANS out there interested in building craft like this.

The space shuttle is a piece of junk and needs to be replaced.
We need people like Carr to help us look at space travel differently...

[edit on 3-8-2008 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Could you imagine that? Creating something as revolutionary as even 1 functual (reverse engineered possibly) 'semi-man made identifyable flying object', just to have it dismantled and shut down by the government. This is the first time i heard about this guy and his story, and havn't done any of my own research yet to jump to any conclusions, but something about this story just rings as the truth for me...
... sux

[edit on 15-1-2010 by H4W4II4N_PUNCH]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Otis T Carr and his team constructed a number of fully functional, flying saucers in the late 1950s.

They did not actually, none of them flew at all....

[edit on 15/1/10 by dereks]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Taken from Wikipedia on Carr (excerpt):

en.wikipedia.org...

Carr patented a toy flying saucer made of paper, and asserted he was working on a full-size version which could fly to the moon and return in less than a day, and which used two counter-rotating metal cones, plus spinning electromagnets and capacitors, powered by a large spinning battery, to become "activated by the energy of space." Carr's scheme actually resembles slightly earlier proposals by John R. R. Searl and T. T. Brown. The laws of physics require that Carr's device, when put into operation, could do no more than sit there and hum, either loudly or softly depending on the care with which it is assembled. In practice, Carr didn't even usually manage to demonstrate a hum, or a vibration. Carr also claimed to have invented "The Gravity Electric Generator," "The Utron Electric battery," "The Carrotto Gravity Motor," and "The Photon Gun."

Sounds like another 'Nutty Professor' to me, but I'll have to go a little deeper on the subject before I make myself an opinion.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hi SuperSlovak..Thanks for sharing this interesting case

Here is some more images!

Oklahoma County attorney William Berry (left), Otis T. Carr (center), and Hubert Gibson, Carr's attorney (right)

Very Big images! interesting........

Check out the links:For more images....
www.soulsofdistortion.nl...
www.scribd.com...
www.projectcamelot.net...

REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO UPLOAD IMAGES VIA ATS MEDIA
www.abovetopsecret.com...
media.abovetopsecret.com...

guns

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
And thats why it pays off to do a little research before jumping to conclusions