It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WANTED" Latest army recruitment propoganda movie??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
"WARNING SPOILERS"

So I was sitting round this evening treating myself to the movie "WANTED" basically a glam action flick about a young man who had a boring life as an accountant. Turns out he is the decendant of one of the greatest assassins the world has ever known. Plenty of great action scenes cool stunts and twists made for a great movie really.

But the underlying message and overall objective I think was to sway peoples satisfaction in living a "NORMAL" life as part of the work force of the world.

Now I for one am all for doing something more meaningful in the world than flipping burgers or crunching numbers for some corporate big wig however some people are fulfilled in these lifestyles.

Ok so to put it out there, this movie wants the viewers to feel unsatisfied in their life.. the main character even says "I USED TO HAVE A PATHETIC LIFE JUST LIKE YOU" the anti thesis of which would be to go get a more exciting life. Grab a big gun, get lots of training and go and kill people that someone else determins for you and not question fate.

I know it might sound like I may be reading into things a tad too much but seriously I invite you to watch the movie and see if you can deny that Hollywood has just been slid some money under the table by the US military to make a movie like this in the hopes to get some poor gullable kids to enlist. Sad really.

Good movie though haha

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing about 'Waynes World.'

The way that they totally tried to convince you those 80's ripped pants are cool. He even said "I used to have pathetic pants like you". To think about the poor, pathetic kids they swayed to ripped 80's pants. Oh, and they way they tried to tell you satan was cool with Alice Cooper. Just pure madness.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by USMC-oorah]

join