It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. official: Iraqis told me WMDs sent to Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

U.S. official: Iraqis told me WMDs sent to Syria

wnd.com

A former American overseer of Iraqi prisons says several dozen inmates who were members of Saddam Hussein's military and intelligence forces boasted of helping transport weapons of mass destruction to Syria and Lebanon in the three months prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
These rumors still persist.

If you are honest with yourself then isn't it at least possible WMD were removed from Iraq before the war? Isn't it a possibility even if you believe it's unlikely?

Let's not forget some of the older stories regarding this issue like the one's listed below:

U.S. spy satellites say conveys headed into Syria

Dod report: 50 trucks headed into Syria

Iraqi WMD secreted in Syria

Iraqi documents

A Syrian sidestep?

Syria storing Iraqi WMD

wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-8-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can predict the response to this thread, WT. If the OT headline had been "U.S. Official: Iraquis told me U.S. Soldiers tortured them." Then you can bet there would be people lining up to sing praises of the headline, go down on the headline, carry the offspring of the headline, and serve the headline's every wish and request for life. As it is a report that disagrees with their fantasy that Iraq was a fine place, the war had no merit, and we're the bad guys they'll discredit it or completely ignore it being reported and posted here.

Anyway, nice find! Star and flag from me, not to mention just one more thing any thinking American already knew.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Boy, you bring up some valid points regarding the attitude of some ATS members. They are so willing to believe practically anything as long as it fits into their views or agenda. But God forbid if the same source refutes that they were told to think, then the crap hits the fan.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
my moms uncles dogs cousins fathers owner wifes stepson told me that the united states sold iraq most of the weapons of mass destruction they may have had back in the 80's.

so who knows, its a crazyworld.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How is this breaking news?

It's the theory Bush apologists have been clinging onto for hope since 2004, to possibly find some shred of justification for the debacle that is Iraq.

Some have dismissed this:

The Bush administration's senior weapons inspector said in a report released last night that it was ''unlikely'' that Saddam Hussein's forces moved weapons to Syria,

query.nytimes.com...

he investigators "found no senior policy, program, or intelligence officials who admitted any direct knowledge of such movement of WMD."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Other's haven't.

Take your own stab people based on your political fancy.

All I'm saying is be open minded.

Let's assume for a minute, these assumptions are right and Saddam did move the WMD's to Syria.

If the US had any shred of proof as to these allegations, anything concrete, wouldn't they have saturated the mainstream media with this stuff in a bid to excuse themselves?

I mean if there's any chance Bush was right about this I'm sure he would have milked it for all it's worth.

I honestly think it was just that, a rumour, but hey rumours have a habit of coming true.
Like the one that says we won't find any WMD's in Iraq

I think it's safe to say that's turned out to be well and truly.. true.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
my moms uncles dogs cousins fathers owner wifes stepson told me that the united states sold iraq most of the weapons of mass destruction they may have had back in the 80's.

So what?
If true, then I guess Bush was right, Iraq did have WMD. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
How is this breaking news?

This is a new source validating this possibility and the article was written a couple of days ago. So what's your beef?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Darn we should be invading Syria then not Iraq and planning on Iran next.

See our government doesn't know the different between their butts and their brains, but then again is all agendas, right?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

maybe they did... if they did it was because we sold it to them. but before i believe that im gonna need more than just "he said she said" bullcrap 5 years after the fact.

and dosnt that make you think about why? so who are the real monsters? dont you ever wonder why we just randomly attack a guy we used to support? dont you realize its all about money? i think you do and just must not care. well keep wavin your american flag around as we attack iran over the same bull crap. this whole contry is goin to hell because of bushs lies, and im not a liberal so dont even go there.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Darn we should be invading Syria then not Iraq and planning on Iran next.

See our government doesn't know the different between their butts and their brains, but then again is all agendas, right?

How do you know they have not already taken care of it?
Remember a few months back when Israel bombed a site in Syria? Who knows, that could have been some of the weapons or at the least some of the necessary equipment.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
maybe they did... if they did it was because we sold it to them. but before i believe that im gonna need more than just "he said she said" bullcrap 5 years after the fact.

Well, look at some of the other links I posted in the OP. They give the same possibility but are older articles from years back.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yes you are right they did bomb something in Syria, but if nuclear weapons were in the site it should have been a bigger mess after and no easily dismissed.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

A former American overseer of Iraqi prisons says several dozen inmates who were members of Saddam Hussein's military and intelligence forces boasted of helping transport weapons of mass destruction to Syria and Lebanon in the three months prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom.

So this comes from a guy who oversaw a prison, most likely were Iraqi's were tortured. Either this information came out during the torture, which destroys any credibility of the information, or the information came from prisoners who would shout bull# just to irritate the guards. Example: A guy in an American prison screaming about how he's a cold-blooded killer, even though he's in prison for grand larceny. It boosts their ego.

However, there is always the possibility that it's true. Do I think it's true? No, but I cannot be certain.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

Good on you for picking that up
I thought these articles were just rehashings of the same old crap.

So now the US is taking critical intelligence information used to justify a war from convicts?

Hell while they're at it why not ask what the Iraqi prostitutes think about this too?

Maybe the US should check out Iraq's Red Light district, see what the hookers have to say?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The target in Syria was a breeder reactor under construction.

No radioactivity, because it hadn't been fueled yet.

The "Saddam's WMD's went to Syria" bit is something WND has been trying to sell for five years, and there's still no reliable evidence at all to back it up.

Not surprisingly, because as US intel is now well aware, Saddam actually did end his WMD programs in 1991 - he thought the US would nuke him if he didn't. Instead he played games with the inspectors and acted like he might still have them, in an effort to bluff Iran, who he expected to attack Iraq if he didn't convince them it was too risky.

This has been well-established by US interrogations of Iraqi officials like Tariq Aziz. And been classified top secret because the administration finds it embarrassing. Fortunately, as always, there have been leaks.

WND is trying to promote the story because Joseph Farah, the editor, is a Lebanese Christian with an abiding hatred of the Syrians and would love to see them bombed back to the stone age by the US

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Let's just do the American thing and invade Syria to find out if they have Iraqi WMD's, then we can fabricate the same for Iran and there is your war your administration always wanted.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My dad was deployed to Afghanistan in 2003-2004, he's a colonel, he told me he had similar intelligence reports come down to him...that Iraq had indeed trucked the WMDs out of country or had buried them in the desert...much like they buried a lot of their jets... I'm still against the Iraqi war...but take his word for what it's worth...I think there is some truth to this.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
So now the US is taking critical intelligence information used to justify a war from convicts?

I find it unbelievable that you would have a problem with this since people like yourself get most of their information regarding 'torture' from interviews with detainees. Hmm...I guess it's different when it's something you agree with right?

Hypocrisy comes to mind here.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Let's just do the American thing and invade Syria to find out if they have Iraqi WMD's

Give it time. We can only effectively fight 1 or 2 countries at a time.

I'm sure they are on the list.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join