It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best prophet in human history..... Not !! Nostradamus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Take two million sizable stones, each weighing several tons and shaped to fit the overall design of the project, set one in place every five minutes and after 20 years you will have constructed the Great Pyramid.

Just how is this possible, and other pyramids, and how oher pyramids were made is one of the puzzles of ancient Egypt, itself a large piece of the puzzle connected to the question of whether the continent of Atlantis existed, as the Cayce psychic readings claim

It is not an easy question to resolve. Scientists naturally look completely confused and bewildered at psychic information – if, that is, they are even aware of it. So, the authors observe, the readings were not used to guide archaeologic explorations over past decades. Consider, too: Turn back the clock beyond 4,000 B.C. and most scholars, especially those in Cayce’s day, believe it was a time of primitive cultures. The readings, however, give accounts of Atlanteans, described as a technologically advanced people, having migrated to Egypt – and other locales – over 12,000 years ago. Also, “the readings mention [human] ancestors as far back as 10 million years ago, and high civilizations 200,000 years ago.” Remains unearthed in recent years and carbon dated are adding more credence to the psychic revelations.

First published in 1988, this second release of Mysteries of Atlantis Revisited includes an update of discoveries made during the past ten years. Subtle clues and indications seem to be leaning in favor of the Cayce account, but these three writers make no claims. Apparently they are still waiting until all the facts are in.

The authors deserve applause for resisting two temptations that lesser writers might have succumbed to. They temper the treatment of technical details relevant to various scientific facts and explorations; and they avoid trying to document the accuracy of the psychic readings given for other topics to convince readers the information isn’t the product of “simply imagination.” Had they pursued these, this book may easily have been twice its 200 pages, and not half as interesting to read as it is.

Atlantis remains a needle in a haystack for most archaeologists. Nothing short of the continent rising before their eyes may ever convince them. Meanwhile, for readers who subscribe to the accuracy of the psychic records, the question isn’t whether Atlantis really existed, but when it will rise from its ocean grave, as the readings assured us will happen.

He also gave accounts on the future the provided information about the history of humanity from the very beginning to a time in the future when humans will evolve into beings with supernatural powers. He described a new era of enlightenment and peace when divinity within humans would be manifested on the earth. But before this "kingdom of God" would rule the world, Cayce foresaw world events that can only be described as apocalyptic, a period of purification involving natural disasters that will dramatically alter the surface of the earth, wars, economic collapse, and socio-political unrest. (that sounds familear)

Edgar cayce was without a doubt better than nostradamus and his propecies have come true i mean theyre happening now.

heres some that have come true that he predicted before they happened .
Foresaw revolutions in foreign lands

In March 1935, Cayce added that eventually, unless there is more of the spiritual attitude raised in groups here and there, world conditions would terminate in a revolution throughout many of the foreign nations. There was nothing in 1935 which caused much unrest. But in 1936, the Spanish Civil War broke out, Italy invaded Ethiopia, Japan invaded China, and Stalin elevated the Great Purges to star billing throughout Russia.

Foresaw the rise and fall of Adolf Hitler

In January 1934, Cayce predicted that Hitler would rise in power to reign over Germany. In August 1935, Cayce predicted that Hitler would remain in power until it will "come as an overthrow or an outside war."

Foresaw a world war that would begin in 1936

Cayce gave one of his greatest world prophecies in February 1932. He sweepingly outlined the course of most of the decade of the 1930's, which centered around:

"A great catastrophe that's coming to the world in ' 36, in the form of the breaking up of many powers that now exist as factors in the world affairs."

Cayce predicted the acceptance or rejection of the League of Nations in 1936, after which changes would come which would create different maps of the world. He detailed that before 1936 arrived the powers in Russia, United States, Japan and England, or United Kingdom would be "broken up", as indeed they were with major changes in the governments and policies of each nation.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That is amazing info! Thanks! I moved here to Virginia Beach, VA a little over a year ago, and had forgotten that this is where he lived most of his life, and there is a EDGAR CAYCE CENTER" here. Thanks again. Pam

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thanks i hope its good i spent ages getting all that information so i hope you enjoyed it thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Howdy Billy

I think archaeologists would be happy to see one habitation or even a small handful of Atlantean pottery shards.

Foresaw the rise and fall of Adolf Hitler

Hans: So did tens of thousands of other people.

In January 1934, Cayce predicted that Hitler would rise in power to reign over Germany. In August 1935, Cayce predicted that Hitler would remain in power until it will "come as an overthrow or an outside war."

Hans: So did most of the free world's press – interestingly my father wrote an article for a college newspaper that stated his opinion that Hitler would become a dictator, start a European war and that the US and the Soviets would become allies to defeat him by 1946. Not a bad guess from a freshman journalist student in 1933!

Foresaw a world war that would begin in 1936

Hans: It is commonly agreed that the first actions of what would become WWII began in China in 1931.

Cayce gave one of his greatest world prophecies in February 1932. He sweepingly outlined the course of most of the decade of the 1930's, which centered around:

"A great catastrophe that's coming to the world in ' 36, in the form of the breaking up of many powers that now exist as factors in the world affairs."
Hans: He seems to have gotten that wrong, he didn’t explain what sort of power. The same powers before WWII are still with us, some are now economic powers and new ones have been added. The prediction is to vague to be of value as it could refer to anything and nothing particularly notable occurred in 1936."

Hans: So did many other people - it was common knowledge then. it didn't take a mental powers to detect what was coming - lots of people did.

Cayce predicted the acceptance or rejection of the League of Nations in 1936, after which changes would come which would create different maps of the world.

Hans: The final meeting of the League of Nations was held in April 1946 in Geneva. The US rejected membership in the league in 1919 so not sure what he was referring to.

He detailed that before 1936 arrived the powers in Russia, United States, Japan and England, or United Kingdom would be "broken up", as indeed they were with major changes in the governments and policies of each nation.

Hans: But they didn’t break up except for Germany which has now been reconstituted. China came together in 49, the old colonial power divested themselves of most of their colonies by the early 60's another move already started when Cayce made his prediction

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Great replies, Hanslune. So in order to be called a psychic, you should be a political science major.
All those predictions could have been made by anyone who picked up a newspaper in the day.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yep exactly. What we don't know is how much of the obviously wrong stuff has been released.

I found my father's article some time ago, very well written for his age. Interestingly he didn't follow his own prediction. He arranged to get married on a lovely but cold Sunday. December 7th 1941. Really bad timing!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Ouch!
They taught subjects differently back in the day. A newspaper is fifth grade reading level. How many fifth graders now can read a newspaper?
There are old books on Cayce's predictions out there, and I would like to get one (printed in or around the 1950s). Most of the Cayce believers get their information from websites which edit and change his predictions to fit the times. At least Nostradamus studied astrology (back in the day) and knew how to use it.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm not sure of the status of EC's prediction or how accurate they are protrayed. The ones I see here aren't very impressive and the archaeological stuff is just junk. I've seen that a lot of his stuff is just reprocessed pseudo science from the late 19th century with some 20th for grins and giggles.

ARE has funded a number of studies and expeditions to try and prove his pronouncements. All have failed.

One that I had indirect contact with was the funding the first Carbon 14 testing of the pyramids and other sites.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
That is amazing info! Thanks! I moved here to Virginia Beach, VA a little over a year ago, and had forgotten that this is where he lived most of his life, and there is a EDGAR CAYCE CENTER" here. Thanks again. Pam

I urge you to go tour it. I have read that they have every one of his readings on file there, something like 14000 readings total. I think what was most impressive was how he was able to heal people with his readings. I've read several books on Cayce, he was one incredible person.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8
In January 1934, Cayce predicted that Hitler would rise in power to reign over Germany.

Lol! That's hardly amazing since Hitler was basicly dictator over Germany in 1933.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Have you ever noticed that everyone "cured" by a healer - always dies none the less? He himself died. Nothing like efficiency.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Have you ever noticed that everyone "cured" by a healer - always dies none the less? He himself died. Nothing like efficiency.

You cant live for ever. Everyone has to die at some point.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
billyjoinedat2k8

Please search ATS for Cayce. There has been several threads in recent weeks dicussing this.
It saves me from retyping info for the "debunkers".....

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Nostradamus got high on nutmeg and scribbled pages of crap while out his face...pages AND pages! very easy to miscontrude certain things and apply them to practically antyhing...like the bible etc...

lol *not* nostradamus!
Well cayce hardly has any credibility either,he was known for giving medicinal advice...and bad advice at that...

[edit on 2-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8

Originally posted by Hanslune

You cant live for ever. Everyone has to die at some point.

Yes but should healers and the healed at least live just a little bit longer?

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The best prophet in human history.......................NOT Cayce............

Ever heard of a guy named Jesus?...............

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
The best prophet in human history.......................NOT Cayce............

Ever heard of a guy named Jesus?...............

Yeah,supposedly he didnt exist though...tis a shame...damn mythology!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Old JC? Perhaps but I suspect his followers cleaned up and added to his legend.

Some wisdom but prophec that came true and are provable?

Of course we are careening off into religion and away from the purpose of this thread and this forum but hey perhaps its been ordained!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

There are very few scientists, religions, academics who dispute that Jesus existed. It is pretty much a consensus that the man named Jesus existed. What is in dispute is whether or not he was the Christ.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yeshua was probably a historic figure but much of his life remains unknown.

But I think we are veering off the subject Edgar Cayce. However he did say the JC would return in 1998. I hear now that some Cayce believers having noted that JC didn't return are going with the idea he has been born again and so is a ten year old girl/boy somewhere someplace.

top topics

join