It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: Should ATS have its own t.v channel Yes (flag) No (dont flag)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I got this idea from this thread in the link below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but i think why stop at having a ATS newspaper i think it would be great if ATS had its own t.v channel.

If you think yes ( flag)

if you think no ( Dont flag )

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
i thin it should because i get my news from ATS anyway rether then the bbc news or sky news and i think an ATS programme would open peoples minds even more.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
let me give you my simple opinion.

no because, they will need lots of money to do it., and to get that kind of money they will need advertisement, and after a while the companies that pay for your tv channel will run the channel and start censoring and editing.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by CzErased

ye but lets just say for a second that they do have the money think of how many people will watch probably everyone here.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
nah, the way of the future is internet television.

what would be more appropriate, is a short 5 minute video once a week, listing the stories of concern. then uploaded to the net.

would require maybe some lights, a camera and one man..

great idea, but putting it on actual television would limit what could be said, potentially.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A while back we had a post where we could ask the 3 Amigos a question, my very question was would ATS in the future consider a tv program along the lines of the Discovery channel, where the best threads would be aired and discussed etc.

Not one to brag but I got 500 points (I think) for that question so I would believe that it is one of the avenues that ATS is looking at and in my mind it is a good thing to do.

With so many intelligent people on ATS who write/report/post some fantastic stuff, it is only fair that it should be shared with a greater audience.

As for been controlled by the bill payers, I'm certain the 3 Amigos are more savvy than that to agree to a deal that reliquinshed content control.

Wolfie

[edit on 30/7/08 by Wolfie_UK]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfie_UK

ye just think how amazing that would be the best threads over x amount of time discussed in detail on a t.v programme. hope it happens someday.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'd like to see some kind of regular show, like a video version of the ATS Mix perhaps, but I think it'd have to be an online show; having it on T.V. would be costly, and I'm sure ATS members would agree the limited amount of ad's we have here is one of the great things about ATS.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

Well Billy,

I don't seem to think that a TV program will be here anytime in the near future. I mean this is a very popular website with a very large number of members but do you really think general "unopen minded" people will tune in to watch a program about goings on and conspiracy theories, I think not.

I feel that online programmes would work alot better as they can attract people who actually want to watch them. Also they are alot cheatper. All you need is a man to host it (maybe) a camera to record footage and video editing skills. They are cheaper, easier to make and can be more rewarding. I'm not saying a TV show would be a bad idea but just widen your thoughts a bit.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
ATS tv is simply a HD video camera, program director, a couple of sweet faced talking heads, a wild mind bending back drop, some news of the weird, a book plug and a guest or two. Do this once a week and viola, you have it. You just have to upload it to google video to save your ATS server bandwidth cost and enjoy the media blitzkrieg.

Can be done without the hassles of investors demanding censorship of material. 5

Edit to ad, some kickin it music like drums, wild guitar riffs heavy on distortion and erie other worldly sounds.

This message approved by the CIA, NSA, REX64, Homeland security, MI6, etc, etc, etc.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Peepers]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Peepers, normally I would have given you a star, but you can't on this board (or at least I can't!) so this is my message of approval.

GrooveCat out.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
ATS tv is simply a HD video camera, program director, a couple of sweet faced talking heads, a wild mind bending back drop, some news of the weird, a book plug and a guest or two. Do this once a week and viola, you have it. You just have to upload it to google video to save your ATS server bandwidth cost and enjoy the media blitzkrieg.

Can be done without the hassles of investors demanding censorship of material. 5

Before you can sit down to enjoy the next great episode of ATS T.V., you need to understand that podcasting, newspapers, and T.V. all require money, and even then there is no guarantee of success.

You'd be surprised to know what goes on behind the scenes just to make the ATS Mix, BTS Mix, and AP Shows "work." The Amigos are spending omeny each and every week to make these things "go."

If you really want to see ATS T.V., you'l need to think about supporting the projects that are underway NOW. Listen to ehse shows. Tell your friends about them. Start fan clubs. When possible, volunteer to produce segments when the are asked for.

As well as The ATS Mix, BTRS Mix, and AP Shows are doing, it's still very possible for YOU to help them do even better. Write in your blogs and post technical reviews around the net. Submit your favorite show links to anyone who will take them. Just be polite.

If the current projects are successful, you will see the Amigos looking beyond podcasting in to radio, T.V. and other things.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Dump the ATS mix and crew, blow out podcasting, and go video.

It's the most cost effective and verticle driven position to take in the media circus.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Dump a "working model", blow out "what the internet was initially based/founded/designed for/upon", and go Video?

M'kay... So where's your pony-up capital to take such a pioneering risk/venture out of the gates? ... let alone ensuring the oats to keep 'er running?

It's the most cost effective and verticle driven position to take in the media circus.

No argument there, but, as with any startup, it often takes babysteps and monies spent frugally , if there's ever a chance at realizing fruition of one's dream. (?)

[edit: to add]

Just sayin'...

[edit on 30-7-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Wow..just freakin, wow.
Thanks so much for your two cents worth.
I'm glad you don't speak for all of us.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Mr Case speaks the truth!

If we get the Above Network pod casts really popular it'll provide extra impetus for new projects. Just downloaded the latest Above Politics show to put on my mp3 player, excellent listening for those long summer baths!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
We live in a time where visuals take precedents over voice. Videos can take the viewer/listener to an elevated level whereby cost can be cut. Those cost to cut are ATS mix and podcasting.

Funnel the cash flow into video and all will be beautiful.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Wow..just freakin, wow.
Thanks so much for your two cents worth.
I'm glad you don't speak for all of us.

Makes absolute economic sense. Video/voice will crush ATS mix and podcasting. You want ATS to be last in line on verticle technology such as this.

Like that 80s song, video killed the radio star or something like that.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
LOL I had the same idea and created a thread about this in ATS. I didn't get many replies. Someone pointed out that it will require massive amount of money to create. I still think it's a good idea though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm flagging your thread

edit - I just realized that your thread was about ATS TV CHANNEL, not a show. Well, that would take much much more money to do.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Only if they give Jedimiller a two hour star wars special!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join