It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would it even be possible to be "chemical free" for a week?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Food-wise, no problem for me. Assuming that we can consider wild game as being chemical free (which might actually be a stretch these days), I've got no issues there.

Medicine wise, again, no problem. I take Ibuprofin or asprin maybe once a month at most. No Rx's, don't take vitamins, can probably (hopefully) go without Maalox for a week... whoopy!

Now we hit a couple of major snags... My addictions start making this whole thing come unraveled. I suppose I could go a week without them, but I have no desire to do so, so I doubt I'd be successfull. Nicotene (snuff & cigs) and caffeine (I drink no fewer than 2 6-shot iced coffees a day and drink Irish breakfast tea on ice that's so strong it looks like it has milk added to it the rest of the day. ), I can (and usually do) go a week or more without booze, skunk, etc no problems.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I haven't read everyone else's replies in this thread so excuse me if I'm saying something that has already been mentioned. In my oppinion I think it would be almost impossible to live chemical free for one week, I don't think one single human being on this planet could achieve this feat.

As people have mentioned, the amount of chemicals the average human being comes into contact with on a daily basis is an absolutely huge number.

I believe that the body has adjusted & adapted to these chemicals to such an extreme that if they were suddenly taken away - the human body would not know how to respond! And presumbably it would make us quite ill.

Think of it this way, when we travel abroad to a foreign country we are advised not to drink the local water supply - reason being because it contains different amounts of minerals/salts etc in different concentrations that we aren't used to back home, and thus are bodies would reject it i.e. make us ill

If we lived in a foreign country for a lengthy period of time slowly but surely our bodies would adapt to the point were we could happily drink their water supply.

Now, think about this adaption to every single chemical in our enviroment, then it suddenly disappearing! If the above logic holds true I could see it literally killing someone!

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join