It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
After the recent attempt by an armed individual to try and disrupt a Christian radio channel this week, we now have a sad church shooting.

www.foxnews.com...

Is this the new trend?

Instead of protests with banners and signs.. we just have individuals going in and shooting up the place.

I am not a religious person myself, but I just do not see the point.

This society is spinning out of control.

-EDIT- I live roughly 5 mins from this church, am currently heading that way will update when I can.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was just notified there is a confirmed death from this shooting now.

The man is quoted by some of the congregation as saying "Stop the singing" as he entered the building.

There is also possible camera footage of the incident since this happened during a play the children were putting on at the time.

[edit on 27-7-2008 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

It used to be that there were state hospitals for the insane.
That protected the public and the patients.
Then they decided the money could be better spent on war making.
So most of those have been shut down and we have these people running a-muk.
Churches who believe in non-violence and do not carry guns to church will just have to put up with being shot.
That church in Texas had an armed woman at the entrance who shot the guy who came into that Church to kill people.
The Media had to make it look like armed individuals is worthless so they changed the story and said the guy shot himself.
That was a lie.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Apparently this church is known for fighting for rights of gays and other minority groups

I am thinking this may be a possible motivation for the killing, glad they got the guy though

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It looks like he was targeting gays.
One of my friends told me you have a better chance of getting a job if you are a minority and gay.
Apparently he was resentful and thought he was being passed over for jobs by preferred groups that he was not part of.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
His manifesto stated that he "hated the liberal movement" and "gays".

This man is the first in a trend of conservative terrorism.

Just wait until Obama wins the election. Everything that is wrong with this world will be pinned on Liberals and the bullets will fly.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Reminds me of the old Carlin bit "he musta been a disgruntled worshipper".

On a more serious note though, this is a horrible event. My uncle goes to a church like this one in Atlanta and before I looked at the article I was scared that it might have been his church.

new topics

top topics

join