It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One third of 'british Muslim' students say killing for islam is ok.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Almost one third of British Muslim students think it is acceptable to kill in the name of Islam, results of a poll show.
The findings shed light on the extent of campus radicalism and will raise concerns about extremism across British Universities.
The YouGov poll for the Centre for Social Cohesion also found that two in five Muslims at university support the idea of Islamic sharia codes being enshrined in British law, the Sunday Times has reported.
One of the report authors Han-nah Stuart said the study's findings came as an embarrassing blow to those who play down the threat of extremism within Britain's campuses.

Daily mail

So much for 'intergration' and 'peace loving muslims'. That just blew their cover right off. One third say killing in the name of islam is ok. Peachy, just wonderful. The koran has a long list of people these nutters are 'allowed' to kill...

Seems like our western tolerance really will be our downfall.

This next little peach says it all really. These spoilt western raised muslims have no idea how free and easy they have it here in the west. If they did, they wouldn't think this....

Some of the findings support previous research. A report by Policy Exchange last year found that 37 per cent of all Muslims aged 16-24 would prefer to live under a sharia system.

Madness. History repeats. Fall of Rome MKII any one?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This makes my skin crawl, not because I have a problem with Muslims....not at all....but because I cannot stand the idea of the state mixing with any church...guaranteed to be a recipe for carnage, whoever it involves. Religion and State should not be mixed...ever, in my opinion. The only way to ensure total religious freedom for all the citizens of any country is to make sure that the Government is as religiously and spiritually neutral as possible and that all beliefs hold the same weight of legal rights. Sharia law, Pagan law, Christian or Jewish law....none of them should be involved in a legal system.

Cait

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Agree 100%.

State and religion should be so far apart as to be polar opposites. What goes on in your home is your business. What goes into law and on the streets is the Governments business.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Funny ...I have been thinking about Isalm...The Fifth Column......

I looked up " The fifth column " on Wiki and it gives a good description....

The rise of Islam in western countries and how our sytems are used for thier agendas really does seem to apply.....

Thats my opinion anyway!!...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Really, guys, you're getting your "information" from the Daily Mail again. I might as well throw-up and let your guys haruspex it - you'll probably be closer to the truth. The tabloids just want you to be afraid of everyone and everything.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rexpop

If the information is invalid I am sure some islamist group will sue for slander then. However, the paper cannot just 'pluck' figures from the air - there was a survey, they did answer, and the papers are providing those figures to be seen by the masses.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Daily Mail
Wes Streeting, president of the National Union of Students, branded the study as 'disgusting' saying the results only served as a 'reflection of the biases and prejudices of a right-wing think tank – not the views of Muslim students across Britain.'

He added: 'Only 632 Muslim students were asked vague and misleading questions, and their answers were wilfully misinterpreted.'

Sounds about right.
The Daily Mail is one of the worst papers for propaganda and lies, not to mention doom & gloom.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The Daily Mail? rofl...

Dan, I know you're a christian fundie and all, but come on, you're not even trying to find a source that will be taken seriously.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The YouGov poll for the Centre for Social Cohesion also found that two in five Muslims at university support the idea of Islamic sharia codes being enshrined in British law, the Sunday Times has reported.

Whoops. Guess folks didn't read the whole article.

Double whoops. Guess folks don't know who the centre for social cohesion are either..

Centre for social cohesion

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
The Daily Mail? rofl...

Dan, I know you're a christian fundie and all, but come on, you're not even trying to find a source that will be taken seriously.

Personal attacks? man, I thought you of all people would be above some thing like that.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Personaly I think people are sleep walking into an opressive regime..

In the UK I travel about a lot...I visit so many areas...I can se whats going on on the ground and listen to what is being said!!

But people are deaf and blind I think...they never project a scenario forward...sharia law in the UK....given time numbers and influence...it will be a reality...

Some students that we educate...have thier cultural religious agendas!!...the fifth column!!

My beliefs are Pagan...god is manifest in anything that grows and is free!!free to think learn and change..thats what has brought us so far......we can question.....these students may be very good academicaly...but they have a cultural agenda.....educated and can use our sense of fairness and educated enoughto use the legal system!!,,,the fifth column!! Sharia law ...welcome to the dark ages of human consciousness and learning...

The western world as bad as some are .....cannot afford to let this mentality flourish!! ..at least in our laws there is some room for compassion!!

My gods don't ask me to submit!! ...just seems people are sleep walking into submission and restriction from any direction!!

Remember ..give me enough numbers. educate me and let me see your weaknesses...I will conquer!!

My opinion only, its really not important,,things are going to the plan I am sure!!!

And I don't give a monkeys what colour anyone is or where they come from ....Just my point of view ..from what I have seen and experienced!!
sitting on the fence!!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I wonder if you asked the same poll: Would you kill for Jesus? What the results would be.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Amatrine, Shuck and Dan...some excellent points made here...and would Christians kill for Jesus...?

Would they *want* to? Would pagans kill? Jews? Buddhists? I doubt it, no matter how fundamental their beliefs, although I recognise that there are always exception. Either way...no religion or spiritual belief can be taken into law without disasterous consequences for our human rights and civil liberites. Shucks point about us sleepwalking into this has to be taken as a wakeup call, as this is what will happen if we're not vigilant. Suddenly we will wake up with it as a reality.

I MUST stress....this is *not* anti Muslim sentiment here....anti-fundamentalist-of-any-religion perhaps, and I would be as fired up if we were talking about imposing Jewish or Pagan Law, even although the latter is my own.

I feel that this must be approached from a human point of view and not a geographical or cultural one....we all have responsibility for our own connection to the Divine, however that manifests, or not as the case may be for the individual....it is no-one else's business how we relate to God...especially not the Governments, and not followers of another belief system. What we must observe, however, to level the playing field, are basic human rights, including the right to religious and spiritual freedom. I'm trying hard not to impose my own ethics here, but I will not EVER submit to having another human tell me how my spiritual life has to be. I know Sharia Law encompasses more than just religion, but we cannot even take one step down the road of introducing any of it.

I know there has been talk of Sharia Law being introduced in part in the UK, but I was wondering if anyone knew which sections of it were under discussion? Was it just divorce law, or was there more?

Cait

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
bottom line is England is slowly but surely being taken over by muslims and before long there will be white muslim Brits sporting bushy beards and burkas to soccer games...I wonder how the hooligans will fight eachother when they are all wearing long dresses like the taliban.

I for one invite any and all UK refugees to come and live here in the US.
afterall we sure could use the cheap field labor.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Establishing a motive for the unwitting reader Dan

Its not always WHAT is being said its WHO is saying it as well.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Lol I notice the OP is using the Daily Mail as a reference.

That's like using petrol to put out a fire.

NOTHING to see here apart from crazy ring wing propoganda.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
MrLizard...I disagree...I can see nothing right wing...is that what you meant?...about insisting that we are all equal under the law. Dan also quoted the Times as one of his sources.

I can only hope that Scots Law remains a separate entity from our kingdom friends over the border.

Cait

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
This makes my skin crawl, not because I have a problem with Muslims....not at all....but because I cannot stand the idea of the state mixing with any church...guaranteed to be a recipe for carnage, whoever it involves. Religion and State should not be mixed...ever, in my opinion. The only way to ensure total religious freedom for all the citizens of any country is to make sure that the Government is as religiously and spiritually neutral as possible and that all beliefs hold the same weight of legal rights. Sharia law, Pagan law, Christian or Jewish law....none of them should be involved in a legal system.

Cait

Let us be realistic and sincerely ask ourselves, how did we get to this situation, and who is pulling the strings of the puppet-show. This is what started it all.

www.reopen911.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Okay let's just all calm down:

The 2001 census states that the population of the UK is around 59 million people.

1.6 million of those people are muslim (2008 est)

If only 2/5 of those muslims want sharia law, then that means that the odds are against them.

Only 640 00 people want sharia law out of 59 million brits and even that is an assumed estimate.

From my personal knowledge of muslims, I assume that only a handful of the peaceful muslims living in the uk want to cause any problems.

----

Now lets take a look at some other slightly more disturbing statistics:

8758 people died in alcohol related deaths (2007)

2940 road deaths (2007)

86,500 tobacco related deaths (2005)

Cannabis related deaths - 19 (2005)

Asparin related deaths - 19 (2005)

So I think we should worry more about our roads and brands of cigarettes, than we should about muslim divorces or 'terrorist' attacks.

Considering the 7/7 attacks have never been proven to have even been carried out by muslims (besides some pathetic still shot photo's of 4 young lads in jeans and t-shirts and wearing rucksacks), I suggest that people calm down and carry on living their lives and leave the xenophia and racism to the likes of the daily mail, lets get back to smoking our cigarettes and die like the way our government allows us to.

You are more likely to killed climbing a ladder.

www.statistics.gov

www.tdpf.org.uk...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join