It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you new of a certain date that great floods and earthquakes would happen, what would you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There has been many discussions of days that will bring great floods and earthquakes, some take these days serious and some do not. My question is not whether you do or do not believe, but instaed if you new for sure of a day, how would you prepare for survival?

[edit on 24-7-2008 by Brandon Levon]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Well most likely there would be nothing anyone could do to try to survive if they knew it was the end of the world. Are you saying that that Earth would no longer exist or just humankind? It all depends on the variables.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

Thank you for pointing that out, I edited it, I hope this helps.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'd make sure to leave Sydney and move well inland, at least as far as Orange. I don't like the idea of being caught in a monster tsunami or earthquake event in a city area.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I would get my surfboard and wait for the wave and ride it, dude.

Seriously though, as someone has pointed out, there are too many variables. Where is the wave coming from? Which direction is it travelling in? How high is it?

Untill I knew those answers, I would stay exactly where I am.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I would move to the mountains of North Carolina. We have about 17 acres up in the Blue Ridge Mountains there with nothing built on it. There is a stream and wildlife and forest only. There's not even a driveway to get on the property.

I would build an "Earth-Sheltered" house there, half underground. I currently live near the coast, and I'm afraid of drastic changes in sea level aka tsunami...

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Going to the mountains is no doubt a pretty good suggestion to stay out of the water, where is the closest fault line?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think the sit X plan goes into effect immediatly.

But, I think the real question is--- would you try and raise alarm?

NO, I would not. It would do nothing but happer your sit X plan.

Think objectively if any one in th FBI had come forward on 9-10 and siad "we need to ground all flights... some guys are going to use planes to run into buildings"

He would have been ignored.

When a "Black Swan" happens no one sees it comming.

and if some one did no one would believe it possible.

So, me I would look my family in the eye and tell them " XXX is going to happen in the next YYY days.... I am doing this. If you want to help lets go, if you think i am crazy then please stay out of my way."

you can't save everyone. you have to attempt to save those that can be saved. those are the people that trust you and are willing to take the info on faith.

BUT... lord help you if you are wrong.

I had a freind that wanted to go camping over the change of the millenium... He told me later that he was afraid of the Y2k possibilities. would I have gone camping if he told me that before? probobly, I like camping, but it does not change what I think about his sanity... I was a well measured response to a percieved threat.

that is low probability of occurance
High impact if occurence happens.

So you realy gotta follow your gut and deal with the fact that most people would think you are crazy and my try and have you commited. That would end any plan.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seek4 truth
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Going to the mountains is no doubt a pretty good suggestion to stay out of the water, where is the closest fault line?

I have no clue where the fault lines are. But, I'll take my chances with the quakes, as I see rising waters and great flooding as a much better possibility.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Hi Brandon!

I would like to make a guess.

On July 22, 2009 there will be a total solar eclipse. I believe it is the 6th seal in the Bible that will signal the tribulation.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Thanks man, I have no Idea for sure as of yet myself but I am sure there is something because they killed way to many people for studying this stuff. Your answer is interesting and believe me I will keep it in mind for further research. I have reason to believe this has alot to do with the Milky Way and I think people really have no clue as to how our solar system really works. I have not finished my research enough to prove either way but the more I do the more it makes me want to throw away our science books. The more I research the more I find our so called cavemen anscestors knowledge makes our so called great minds of today look pretty bad. Do you think they have put this stuff in our school books so that everyone will believe them and never have a clue or they just dont know either, as you probably know im leaning more one way than the other. Good to hear from you.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by irongunner

I think you are right people would want to make you look crazy for many different reasons and there would be no way to save most of the world. There are way to many of them that think everything they know is all there is to know.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I found that date by counting 1280 days backwards from December 21, 2012. I think I miscounted though and ended on July 16 2009 so I am not sure if that date is accurate. When I googled it I came across Nasa's website stating there would be a total solar eclipse on that day.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
can we stay on topic? I dont think we are talking about Sit X or any of the six seals.

They are very interesting converstions...just not this one.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
When I originally posted this I was wondering if anyone had thought of any survival construction plans. One that I have been working on in my mind is sort of a small almost damage proof, floatable device. Has anyone else thought of anything like this?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon Levon
Has anyone else thought of anything like this?

Kinda..

Albeit on a slightly different 'tack'.
www.etapyachting.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Brandon, I believe you are talking about making a submarine. It might be possible to create a model using a 3D program and applying physical properties to make it functional and able to test in a 3D environment. I am no expert on physics so this would take some extra research.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yes the design I have come up with is kind of like a submarine only it is designed to stay a float at all times and withstand large impacts. It has two exits, one on top and one on bottom and both bottom and top would be considered right side up. If anyone has seen a design that resembles this anywhere a link might help as well. The design I have in mind is for a major disaster and this would include oxygen because it would have to be safe from possible gases that have emerged from the ground. One of my flaws in the design is how to remove the carbon dioxide without investing a large amount of money, is anyone familiar with how to do this?

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon Levon

Actually I was browsing on here the other day and saw another thread about this. They had some blueprints of the house boat up, but I can not remember the name of the thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

<<   2 >>

join