It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

centaurs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I kind of thought that if a man lost his legs, some doctor could transplant his torso (from his beltline up) onto the body of a horse. I realize that the blood would not mix, but with two seperate hearts, it would not have to. but what about eating and breathing?
Does anyone think this would be possible?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Is this a serious question?

How does the horse's heart beat without the involuntary help of its brain? Our brain certainly isn't wired to control a horse body, or 2 hearts, 2 digestive tracts, etc, etc, etc.

What would the top of your body do with its waste? Just crap it into the horse?

It is impossible to the point of being a really really ridiculous inquiry.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by president
I kind of thought that if a man lost his legs, some doctor could transplant his torso (from his beltline up) onto the body of a horse. I realize that the blood would not mix, but with two seperate hearts, it would not have to. but what about eating and breathing?
Does anyone think this would be possible?

this can go under, where are all the old ATS members gone to?

lol

youve been watching alot of its always sunny in philadelphia huh?

charlie thought he was a centaur in a past life

think about it, if it could be done, it would have been done by now

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

If you removed the guy's stomache and bowels, and tied his intestines straight into the horse. The food would stay clean.
Then if you tied the spinal chords and nervous system like a skilled transplant doctor could. the brain could possibly do the job. We only use ten percent of it anyhow and I think it is a whole lot stronger than you seem to give it credit for.
It would obviously not be the most realistic surgery, but there are some smart ass doctors that could probably do it .

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Zachariah Sitchen, with his Nibiru, and Annunaki theories says that when the beings of the Planet of Crossing came to earth, they attempted many different breeding programs to create the ultimate worker. One of these attempts was a human/horse hybrid apparently, and that's where all the mythos about Centaurs come from.

I'm not necessarily a firm believer of it, but I don't think humans today can create a human/horse/centuar hybrid. Wishful thinking though.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

LOL sorry I was not expecting that

Man i have to walk away from the keyboard it hurts my sides are hurting that brought tears to my eyes

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It's actually a lot more complicated than just hooking up the pieces. Aside from the blood not matching, the different body system, and really any number of features, the human mind is not wired to work a horses' body. It'd be like trying to stick a CPU into a slot it's not made for, yeah you can force it in, but it ain't going to work.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
It's actually a lot more complicated than just hooking up the pieces. Aside from the blood not matching, the different body system, and really any number of features, the human mind is not wired to work a horses' body. It'd be like trying to stick a CPU into a slot it's not made for, yeah you can force it in, but it ain't going to work.

There is an opperation called Xenotransplantation.
That is when a doctor puts an animal's organs into a human's body. It has not been very successful. But I think that is because the sissy ass FDA and the Health board and Espically the ethical guidelines won't allow adequate testing.

And as for part A into slot B. I am sorry that I have not figured out the image insert option yet. But there are posts on this site that show a doctor successfully tying two dog's head onto one dogs body. And that was decades ago.

My point is; a few of the aspects of the surgery that I originally posted about have already been done. Years and years ago.
I think that with the advancements in medicine and in a place where the ethical guideline does not exist, a skilled transplant team could definately do it.

I obviously understand your skeptisism though. There would be four backwards bending legs rather than two regular ones. I believe that with massive therapy, the brain would adapt.

An addequate comparison and a much easier surgery would be, If you tied a lizard (or some mamal)'s tail to the bottom of a human's spine; would the brain recognize and control it?
I bet It would.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Is this a serious question?

How does the horse's heart beat without the involuntary help of its brain? Our brain certainly isn't wired to control a horse body, or 2 hearts, 2 digestive tracts, etc, etc, etc.

It is impossible to the point of being a really really ridiculous inquiry.

This, to me, is the perfect example of the pretensiousness that I see running so rampid on this website.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by president

Get real.....do you seriously expect us to believe what you say will ever be possible.

You insult more than you think!

Do you believe in unicorns?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Do centaurs exist? Not in my opinion.

Can you artifically make one? Nope, not any time soon either.

The brain is capable of adapting in certain circumsatnces, yes. Could it adapt to run the physiology of an entirely different mamalian system? Nope. Maybe A pig or a cow heart can be implanted succesfully into a human, but you can't strap on the rest of the animal and expect it to work.

You are completely wrong that we use on 10% of our brain, thats a myth that has annoying cirulation, it's more on the lines that we only use 10% at any given time, which is vastly different.

Consider the obvious problems. Rejection of the new tissue, the complications of the human cells at the base of the torso and the horse cells at the top of the horse growing next to each other. Incompatability of blood and lymph systems. Incompatabiulity of the nervous system.

What you describe is a preposterous expeiment that could not possibly work without incredible advances in both genetics and technology. Your proposition is sadly relagated to the realms of fantasy, becuase it is so unrealistic as to be laughable...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

This, to me, is the perfect example of the pretensiousness that I see running so rampid on this website.

No, if I really wanted to be pretentious, I'd tell you that pretensiousness and rampid are not real words.

I was only pointing out the fact that your inquiry was poorly thought out and thus, more a nuisance to the boards than my silly joke.

While I think there is a forum for many MANY "out there" theories, this just didn't seem like a pertinent one to me, but please continue the discussion.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
Do centaurs exist? Not in my opinion.

Can you artifically make one?

The brain is capable of adapting in certain circumsatnces, yes. Maybe A pig or a cow heart can be implanted succesfully into a human,

Consider the obvious problems. Rejection of the new tissue, the complications of the human cells at the base of the torso and the horse cells at the top of the horse growing next to each other. Incompatability of blood and lymph systems. Incompatabiulity of the nervous system.

What you describe could not possibly work without incredible advances in both genetics and technology.

"Incredible advancements in genetics and technology."
That is why I posted this question on THIS website.

I found articles on xenotransplantations that took place decades ago and
brutal but successful experiments on animals on this website. Thanks to the advice of an earlier poster.

"Sorry I don't know how to insert them."

My point is, I only asked this question hoping that some doctor or veteranerian had come across information about the advancements in genetics and technology and would post.

Thanks for the Quotes though.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
if I really wanted to be pretentious, I'd tell you that pretensiousness and rampid are not real words.

your inquiry was poorly thought out and thus, more a nuisance to the boards than my silly joke.

While I think there is a forum for many MANY "out there" theories, this just didn't seem like a pertinent one to me, but please continue the discussion.

What is this, the ATS spelling bee.

I understand that I should've been more specific (hope I spelled that right) in my opening post, but I was originally hoping that someone with some knowledge of either surgery or modern medicine, (above top secret kind of medicine) would think my question through and see how close it could get to being possible.

Instead, I got some giggly, girl pants wearing person making fun of my idea.

It concerns me that you got so many points with that pretentious ass attitude.

Talk about a nuiance to the boards.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Giggles are good. I bet this will be one of our next horror films.
("it puts the horse shoe on!!")

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by president

Thanks for the quotes? What? You mean the parts of my post you quted that entirely changed what I wrote? You're not welcome to them. You can't just hack and slash my post to make it sound completely different.

What you are talking about is fantasy and B-movie sci-fi.

You can't just splice two different biological systems together and expect them to work, for all the reasons I put in my earlier post. Certain species have certain compatabilities with one another, but even within a species transplanst don;t take 100% of the time, and thats just talking about transplants within one specific species. The chances of attaching a human torso to a horse and ending up with anything but a mutilated corpse is astronomical.

There are too many hurdles to overcome, and more to the point, why would anyone even bother trying to do this ludicrous idea? If a man lost his legs, I would think he'd be far more interested in robotic replacements rather than being attached to a horse...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
Not in my opinion.

Nope, not any time soon either.

The brain is capable of adapting in certain circumsatnces, but you can't strap on the rest of the animal and expect it to work.

You are completely wrong

Your proposition is sadly relagated to the realms of fantasy, becuase it is so unrealistic as to be laughable...

These are the kinds of things I deleted. They simpily stole away from the heart of the topic.
I appriciate your post, but try to do it in a way that I can defend my theory.

As far as incompatabilities of bloods and tissue, I don't believe for a minute that some R&D team out at some private government facility has not found a way to totally overcome the species gaps.

You said the only thing that I would have is a mutilated corpse.

I loved that.

That is kind of the page I'm on. I mean, to hell with the fever and sickness. I believe in the medicine. Nobody else does. I understand that. I mean phisically, can the two bodies be tied together. Would the diameter of the spines be close enough or the diameter of the intestines or the artaries. (sorry I don't know how to spell that.) Or what about the trachea and the lungs. I can't imagine how they would connect, But I obviously have never seen an exposed trachea. Doctors have been known to line up some crazy bones.
I once saw some doctors put a man's left hand on his right arm. and it worked, and he learned to use it. Pissed me off. I said, "What the hell. They couldn't find an organ doner with a good right hand."

But I digress.

Then you ask why. why? why? why? I don't know. Maybe so you can have a horse ****.
Hell, I think everybody would like robot legs. I would trade my legs for some robot legs right now. Especially if they came equipped with some jet boots.
It's like, "Why would you have bull horns when you could just as easily have a metal plate."

Who cares why? the question is, "Can It phisically be done?"

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Giggles are good. I bet this will be one of our next horror films.
("it puts the horse shoe on!!")

That's great.
I never thought of it as a horror show.

Because with the exception of that guy in the cartoon version of Herculese, all of the centaurs that I can think of, have been heros.

Plus I knew that any guy with no legs was at some point a hero, but a horse with no head was a different story. unless he was a cowboy and happened to be riding the horse when he lost his legs. But then you need Indians and witch doctors and a western does not sound as fun as some headless horseman frankenstein mixture.

I love it.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

These are the kinds of things I deleted.

All the bits that disagreed with you, thus making it look more like I thought you might have something.

They simpily stole away from the heart of the topic.
I appriciate your post, but try to do it in a way that I can defend my theory.

The heart of the topic is not proving you right, and no I'm not going to post in a way that you can defend yourself when my point of posting here is to point out all the ways your idea makes no sense and cannot work.

As far as incompatabilities of bloods and tissue, I don't believe for a minute that some R&D team out at some private government facility has not found a way to totally overcome the species gaps.

Maybe.

You said the only thing that I would have is a mutilated corpse.

I loved that.

Yup, because thats what you'd have.

That is kind of the page I'm on. I mean, to hell with the fever and sickness. I believe in the medicine. Nobody else does. I understand that.

I don't even know what you're talking about here.

I mean phisically, can the two bodies be tied together. Would the diameter of the spines be close enough or the diameter of the intestines or the artaries. (sorry I don't know how to spell that.) Or what about the trachea and the lungs. I can't imagine how they would connect, But I obviously have never seen an exposed trachea. Doctors have been known to line up some crazy bones.
I once saw some doctors put a man's left hand on his right arm. and it worked, and he learned to use it. Pissed me off. I said, "What the hell. They couldn't find an organ doner with a good right hand."

Already covered the above earlier by saying 'probably not' for a number of reasons I covered.

But I digress.

Then you ask why. why? why? why? I don't know. Maybe so you can have a horse ****.
Hell, I think everybody would like robot legs. I would trade my legs for some robot legs right now. Especially if they came equipped with some jet boots.
It's like, "Why would you have bull horns when you could just as easily have a metal plate."

Who cares why? the question is, "Can It phisically be done?"

I care why. And no, i really don;t think it could, would, or should be done.

If you don;t see where I'm coming from now, you're not going to. I hope you can find somebody that is happy to discuss your idea outside of the realms of fantasy I feel it is purely within. That person ain;t me...

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am posting this reply so that the last post on this thread will not be, "it ain't me."

I believe that with

1. two strong specimines
2. a skilled transplant team
3. space-age medicine
4. massive therapy
5. and a ton of luck,

the surgery would be possible.

I would like to hear the thoughts of someone experienced in the field of annatamy. Or someone who has touched or at least seen the lungs or trachea of a living being.

But please, don't waste ATS space with little laughy faces and saracastic comments.

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join