It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pray for UFOs / Abduction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm slightly curious if its possible to pray for UFOs or abductions.

If one believes that God created the entire universe, then all creatures are God's creatures. With this in mind, and this understanding, could one pray and speak with God, and say that you are ready for contact, and that you want contact. Would this work? Again, I think one would need to have true faith in order for this to work.

Has anyone ever tried this? Have you had success or failures?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Give it a shot and let me know how that pans out for you.

I think it is a silly notion to be honest. Have you ever met anyone that has been abducted? Hard to imagine that if they were real God would send them to you so that they can probe you and put weird metals under your skin.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

#1 if this were a possibility every kook out there would be doing it (I'm sure lots do).

#2 why would you want to tempt something so unknown? What if it is literally a hell you can't comprehend?

#3 it seems odd that if I can't pray for world peace, that I'd be able to pray for something so random as an alien abduction.

Just chill out, I feel it is speculation like this that furthers us from the disclosure we are looking for.

On the same note though, check out Steve Greer. That crazy bastard thinks he can do it, at a price.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Here's a good one to try...repeat this four times while wearing a tinfoil hat...I want to believe, come hither oh beings of the metal probe...I'm yours.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yes, I think that alot of kooks have tried this.....

But, I also think you would need to have true faith and
That your intentions would need to be true for this to work.

If someone didn't truly believe that everything is made by God, then this surely would not work.

I've heard reports that telling beings to stop "in the name of God" or "in the name of Jesus" actually stops abductions.... would the converse also be true?

I also think that you would need to be sound of mind and thought in order for this to work.

Also, how do you know that your prayer for Global Peace is not working? Is your faith so low that you determine the outcome quickly and then stop? This is not a good practice of faith. If you TRULY wanted Global Peace, you would pray for it, and keep praying for it until it happened.

The mind and thoughts are powerful beyond the scope of our imagination. What we tend to lack most of is True Unyielding Faith.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
These kinds of threads really are a waste of bandwidth/space and an equal waste of peoples time. Specially when they mix religion (i.e praying) and ET's.

I can't really understand why someone would want to be abducted so much that they consider praying for it. That alone tells me that this person is not well read in the phenomena amongst many things.

Perhaps you should go and discuss this with your priest instead of ATS members... LOL! Let's face it - the church does as much probing as the aliens so you'll experience a real analog for the actual experience without ever leaving the comfort of home.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm not saying that I want to be abducted.

I am, however, looking to see if there could be a relationship with religion and extraterrestial life.

It is not that huge of a jump for me to believe that aliens could have something to do with religion.

Or are you InfraRedman, just a closed minded skeptic with nothing better else to say?

Since you suggest :
"Perhaps you should go and discuss this with your priest instead of ATS members... LOL! Let's face it - the church does as much probing as the aliens so you'll experience a real analog for the actual experience without ever leaving the comfort of home."
It seems as if you are scared of probing from your church. I'm guessing that you are Catholic, and you have had a little too much "probing" in your church. I'm sorry if your church has provided you with "probes", but I was never molested like that sorry.....

Again, if there is truly a God looking over everything, then one could theorize that this God would play a role in encounters with other life forms. Maybe, it is the ones that truly believe in God that are not harmed?

Did anyone see the video of the supposed prophet Yahweh who claimed that he could summon UFOs by praying? He claimed that the old testament in Hebrew taught him how to summon UFOs. A new crew was with him when he was summoning one, and an object did appear in the sky.

I have no clue if this Prophet Yahweh has been discredited .... but I view him more as a false prophet, especially since he takes the name Yahweh, which is the name of God.

new topics

top topics

join