It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science and Healthy Foods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else has thought about this but is there any scientific data out there as to why foods that are bad for you taste so good and foods that are good for you taste so bad until recently.

Lately the low fat foods taste alot better.

Does it have to do with the molecular structure of these foods?

Is it Genetic? If the parents eat these foods will the kids be predisposed to them?

Maybe it's just upbringing. If the parents make the kids eat healthy then they will acquire a taste for healthy foods or will they gravitate towards the Big Mac and Chilli Cheese fries with extra cheese?

I use to say if water tasted like kool-aid then the water fountains would be packed between classes. It seems the more bland something taste the better it is for you and I was wondering was there any scientific data that suggests a reason.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

I've always wondered the same thing too! But I like a lot of healthy food anyways, like fruit, grains, juice (a lot of sugar though), but I also like greasy whoppers too.
Wendy's probably have the greasiest hamburgers out there, but they taste great (if your a grease lover)

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Firstly, I'd like to say that I eat healthily and I love the taste of the food I cook. I just cooked a big batch of chili for the week. Tastes great and great for ya!

Secondly, I think it's safe to say that for the last 50-60 years, we've been addicted to carbohydrates(that's sugar). When you're on a high carb diet, which most Americans are, your body will crave carbs(mainly simple carbs) when you become hungry, or when your blood sugar drops.

I don't crave carbs like a used to. It's because my body has become used to eating a high protein(35%), high fat(35%), low carb(30%) diet. Actually, just eliminating processed and simple carbs from your diet will have the same effect.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I reckon that it's more to do with upbringing, and what your body is used to. I love vegetables, and I never shy away from eating any of them, they all taste great on a sandwich with some chicken!

When I was younger, I hated pepper... couldn't stand the stuff. Now I love it, and use it in most of my meals. But of course, I love eating the usual crap too, that gives you cancer and enables you to give birth to dragons 'n'what-not

I think the tasting bad part of it, doesn't hold any water. It's from a saying/joke, is it not? Hmm.. So, yeah, I think it all probably boils down to a persons taste, and not much else.

new topics

top topics

join