It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran announces new stealth fighter jets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
So Iran can barely muster the ability to build nukes in the year 2008 and now they have stealth fighter jets? Mmmhmmm.... and oh by the way... they import oil just as much as the next guy so I doubt they are swimming in pools of golden coins. They export crude and have 0 refineries xmotex.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
existing ATS threads

Shafagh

Saegeh

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Most likely stealth in the same way the Su-35M is 'stealth', or the same way the Super Hornet is 'stealth'.

Is it just me, or are many Eastern arms corporations snake oils saleman?

[edit on 3/8/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Stealth coatings are nothing new - especially since china and russia both have parts of the F-117a shot down to see how the USA is doing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

The stealth coating was changed after the shootdown. That would give then an idea of how it was done, but it's been vastly improved since then. One of the changes made to the F-117s decreased their RCS by a good bit.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DeHaviland

Yes, they export crude.
Lots of it, for much more than they were getting for it only a couple of years ago.

I'd argue reduced-signature aircraft are an easier technological & infrastructure problem than deliverable nuclear weapons by a wide margin.

Hype aside, they've been around since WW2 (see Mosquito, Ho229, although in the Mossie's case it was a happy accident.)

Again, I don't think they're going to come up with something as stealthy as an F-22 (or for that matter probably even an F-117.)

However I don't see why they couldn't develop a low observable platform, and by the looks of the Shafagh, it's pretty clear they've been working on it.

There is this idea among some of my fellow Americans that we are somehow inherently cleverer than the rest of the species, and that nobody else will ever catch up.

Apparently it's something in the hot dogs that gives us these magical superhuman abilities

Given the rate at which China and India are graduating engineers while America graduates dilettantes and basket weavers, I think these folks are in for a rough century

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Harlequin

The stealth coating was changed after the shootdown. That would give then an idea of how it was done, but it's been vastly improved since then. One of the changes made to the F-117s decreased their RCS by a good bit.
What do you mean it's been changed the 117's have ALL been retired right

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
About 7 years ago (don't remember the exact time frame, just that it was around then) they changed the coating slightly to make it more effective, and then changed how it was applied. Both changes made it much more effective. Almost all of the F-117s had the change applied before the decision to retire them was made.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

i think he should be sent there to be a test pilot

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join