It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran announces new stealth fighter jets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I searched ATS and didn't find Iran with stealth.Just thought people would like to see what they are doing over there.I searched for any prototype or info and only keep coming up with the Saeqeh.

I wonder what the radar signature would be on these?I don't think i could consider them true stealth as to like the f117 or b2.

TEHRAN, July 16 (UPI) -- Iran is building a new line of stealth fighter jets, the head of the Iranian air force announced Wednesday.

www.upi.com...

[edit on 17-7-2008 by alienstar]

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Hey dude!

Who know what they have over there. Iran may be very well armed and a very serious opponent.

Low observable tech is nothing new and shocking anymore. It wouldn't surprise me if they did have some sort of stealth.

Hell, the Russians probably sold them there designs!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Iran has a history of really bold claims about their weapons systems (and likes to fake photos of missile launches as well
). I wouldn't worry too much about it. How likely is it that Iran is manufacturing an operational VLO fighter before the Russians, British and French?
This will turn out like the "lightning" super-fighter that is better than the F-15 (or is a F-5 with twin tails).
At most I'd expect something with a RAM blanket on it. Something we've been doing since the sixties.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I wonder if Russia is helping them out with this or other technology. If they are just starting the building of the jets when will they get done. Russia is with Iran and we are with Israel how convenient

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I just hope if elected Obama don't break military ties with Israel as he stated.I think they might get the f22 in the future.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Man even if they are " Developing " a stealth type plane it took us over 15 years of research to create one and that was almost 30 years ago no big deal what we have to counter it would be on hand no problem.
I am getting tired of all this oooga boooga about what Iran may or may not have

They have nothing compared to the US! What? over 2 to 4 years they have become some sort of major force to be recond with?

Iran?
YAWN!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
I just hope if elected Obama don't break military ties with Israel as he stated.I think they might get the f22 in the future.

Great maybe they can sell those secrets to the Chinese too

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i wonder how they made such a technological leap... so fast !

just last week they were launching an missile that is technologically equivelent to the German V-2 rocket... has a range of ~1,200 miles
but is not accurate at all...can only loft less than 100 KG of explosives...

like i say -- that Shahib? rocket/missile is about as good/effective as a 1940s German V-2 that landed almost anywhere in the U.K. but a few landed in London proper.
How did the Persians get to a Generation 3 type Stealth fighter production line in so short of a time??
Please... don't give me the 'alien' technology response....

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Great maybe they can sell those secrets to the Chinese too

I was just going to type the same exact thing
you know what they say

" sick minds think alike "

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Its an announcement and nothing else. Notice the entire lack of details about the craft. Its all part of a concerted propaganda effort IMHO.

Even if you gave them the wreckage of the downed F-117 they would be hard pressed to get a craft in the air let alone enough in service to make a meaningfull strike force.

The Iranians have shown an great ability to make things etc, but a 3rd generation stealth fighter from scratch is a bit much IMHO

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
New Iranian Stealth fighters in development

No Iranian pilots were killed during testing
But our hearts go out to the families of those little RC pilots who lost their lives.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

worst part of the video was the nasty music
who ever put that sound track in should be SHOT.

on topic
so where is the details aswell?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
worst part of the video was the nasty music
who ever put that sound track in should be SHOT.

on topic
so where is the details aswell?

Yes I agree it sounded like Enya undergoing male hormone replacement therapy

Yes the whole thing has NO details whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
yeah cause israel would never ever sell china things like patriot or lavi (f16) now would they...

oh wait

anyway - they`ve allready bought the pans for

www.aeronautics.ru...

www.aeronautics.ru...

MiG-I-2000 from russia and are readying to make it

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
yeah cause israel would never ever sell china things like patriot or lavi (f16) now would they...

Yup now it gets real

your opinion on that in further detail?
just curious

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
I wonder if Russia is helping them out with this or other technology. If they are just starting the building of the jets when will they get done. Russia is with Iran and we are with Israel how convenient

Russia might give Iran the technical basics but they will not allow Iran or any other nation (other than the US & Euro states) to achieve stealth beyond their (Russia's) capability.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I know the secret to their new stealth system...

They launch an old f-15 and when they reach 5,000 ft the Iranian Pilot covers his eyes so no one can see him.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

ABSOLUTELY hilarious, mopus!

So, when he uncovers his eyes, does he say "[iranian translation]peekaboo![/iranian translation]"?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I don't find it too hard to believe, they have radars, and they can do RCS testing, simulations, etc... just like anyone else. And no doubt they can afford to purchase help from overseas (and not just Russia), considering how much cash they're hauling in due to current oil prices.

The technological genie is out of the bottle already, one doesn't have to be a transcendent genius to see the shape of an F-22, B-2, or F-35 and guess how it might serve to reduce radar and IR signatures. Similarly, despite all the hoopla, radar absorbent materials have been around since WW2, one doesn't have to be on the technological cutting edge to create iron ball paint or simple Jaumann absorbers.

Is their stealth capability equivalent to the US's latest stuff?
Very doubtful.

Is it enough to be tactically useful and enhance their platforms' survivability?
Probably a safe bet.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Didnt we sell them F14's that now need replacement parts that we will not sell them? I feel doubtful that they can create an aircraft that can match ours if they cant even make a replacement part for the airframes they have now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join