It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.R.M. The next revolution has begun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I doubt you have heard of the American Resistance Movement or A.R.M. Lord knows I only found out today. What I see is my greatest hopes and worst fears realized. This is more than just youtube teenagers wasting time. It is an announcement of organized intent.

With what I already know being planed for the democratic and republican conventions as I have read here on ATS I can only expect things to escalate.
And god only knows where that will lead. But one thing we can be totally certain of: The world we were living in is over and we currently are living on the brink of true civil war.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
The world we were living in is over and we currently are living on the brink of true civil war.

Anyone want to guess how long with will take the masses to condemn this group, thus giving the police and/or military just cause for dealing with them?

My bet is a month, if things escalate the way the OP is suggesting they are.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I just don't tolerate people bad-mouthing the FDA, as that youtube video does and Ron Paul does. The FDA protects us from everything they can, but has to let the really promising drugs through quicker than others. In most cases this just saves lives, only in the rare cases like Merck's Vioxx is it a problem.

The FDA is the one that points out all of the bad things in the food, drugs and water, not the one that causes them. We would be in the living conditions of a third-world country if it weren't for them.

Beyond the convincing reasons I like the FDA, they are also responsible for my family's financial situation (good). I'm graduating from a private university next year because drug/medical device companies need people to assure them that they are FDA- and EMEA-compliant. So not only do I have more info about the FDA (only human tests are clinical trials once they have been shown to be easily accepted by lab animals, and dangerous treatments only on terminal, desperate patients) than the ignoramouses that made the video, but I have personal interests as well... Long story short I would never join a cause that showed anger toward the FDA.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pondrthis

Is that the Same FDA that lets Mad Cow into the human consumer food chain? The same FDA that approved drugs like phen phen and vioxx? The same FDA that can't seem to keep E.Coili off the fruits and veggies? THAT FDA!?!

I can understand your bias if they provide your income but the FDA is no better than any other FUBAR agency of the US....

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am sorry I must respectfully disagree about the FDA .

The concept is good very good and needed but like all federal agencys they have multiple masters the government, us and the greater boss corporate America .

The fast track of drugs is good . But most research on new treatments are only for the drugs which can be patented . Research in to cures from existing natural remedies fall by the way side . The FDA has tried many time to restrict the use of any herbal remedies and restrict the sale and usage of herbs . Some herbs with medicinal properties are garlic basil thyme anise cloves and ecanacia ( red hot poker flower makes a Major cold releif ) . Restrict these herbs ? they are seasonings with medicinal properties . Lets not forget foxglove or willow or ephdra which have made the drugs Digitalis aspirin and asthma meds . Major drugs from natural basis

The treatment for types of hep had been used in Briton and Germany and France with great success 15 years before they were were approved here .

If they Cut their corporate apron strings tit would be a great agency .

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pondrthis

are you being sarcastic? i hope so, because i just pooped myself.

where to begin?
yes the FDA does protect us from everything...

"*cough*samonellatomatoesfrommexico*cough*"

and then there is this jewel:
"Beyond the convincing reasons I like the FDA, they are also responsible for my family's financial situation (good). "

OH GOD

Hail Mary, full of grace,
Mother of God, pray for us self serving a##holes who leach money off of innept corrupt bureaucracies, now and at all times, and at the hour of our paycheck. Amen.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No, they are now indicating that all those people ate salsa and they only thought the tomatos were guilty because they turned red when questioned about their guilt!

The FDA is good, Look how they kept Monsanto from releasing GM foods into the food supply!

Look how they keep dangerous cures for cancer out of the hands of terminally ill patients so they don't get sick or die from untested but promising treatments.

So they can die a wholesome natural death!

They are from the Government! And they are here to help you! You should be ashamed treating them like some lobbyist ridden power center for corporate greed!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Why has this thread turned into a debate over the merits of the FDA? The video makes no mention of the FDA that I saw, Ron Paul wasn't in it, and to be frank I don't know what the heck pondrthis is smoking. Perhaps he inadvertently responded to the wrong thread or this has gone off topic to deflect from the message in the OPs video. I don't know, I only know I'm thoroughly confused.

In an attempt to draw this back on topic before it's closed down, I am wary of the message in the OPs video. I myself feel inclined to do something American haven't done in many years and rebel in a non peaceful manner yet it would seem that that action would only hasten efforts to remove all our rights. But, if a few were to stand up and force TPTB to make their move and burn The Constitution completely, then maybe the sleeping masses might awaken and take notice of what's going on around them. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Yell04

Thank you Yell04.

When I was surfing YT from an ATS link I did not expect to find this. And from the looks of it... It looks like others are mobilizing with or with out us. Which will prompt the response either way.

Considering the current state of the Union I can't see things going down any other way. The police have really gone nuts. I saw Iowa flood victims getting the Katrina treatment and more. I was shacked the police broke into houses first and announced themselves second. I was just thinking to myself... I hope that home is empty, god forbid a scared armed home owner actually be there while the police break in... Down in Texas if some stranger takes a crowbar to your door you can expect an explosive response.

The times are changing. And not for the better.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I watched several youtube s from this group . I understand their point the time for peaceful attempts to change has not passed yet in my mind .

But 10 years ago I never would have thought of seeing a rebellious film or films like are from ARM . While looking I found there are many groups out there en spousing a similar points of view .And what frightens me is I understand their point of view. The points in some of the film clips have rings of truth to them . THey have given up on hope that out election process will still work .I have not given up on that hope yet . There is such great anger in the USA for the direction this country has taken .

If the economy keeps getting worse and the DHS continues clamping down and people getting tazzed for speaking at collages or being arrested for carrying signs or picketing this movement will flourish and blossom in to a explosion I am afraid . I am sitting on the side lines waiting for the solid bio waste to hit the air recirculating unit

I dont know if there has been this much dissent since the 1860 s or not . I am not looking forward to the conclusion of this direction It dont look good .

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
And what frightens me is I understand their point of view.

There is such great anger in the USA for the direction this country has taken.

Anger is usually the first resort of those who feel frustrated at being powerless to shape their environment, believe it or not.

Random, pointless anger...

top topics

join