It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

747- 200 crash in Bogotá

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I know this is not an Aircraft Project, but it is news for the aircraft enthusiasts in the Forum, this is the second Kalitta 747 crash in two months.

COLOMBIA: TRANSPORT AIRPLANE BOEING 747 IS INJURED TO THE OUTSKIRTS OF BOGOTA Monday 07 of 2008 July. - Madrid - Cundinamarca - Colombia. - Two hurt dead people and 10 leave as balance until the moment, accident of a transport airplane, that fell to earth near Madrid, Cundinamarca. Colonel Fabio Chestnut grove, commander of the Police of Cundinamarca, he said to Caracol Radio that already was rescued with life seven of crew of the airship, a Boeing 747 - 200, that took shipment of flowers to Miami. The official maintained that efforts go ahead to recover to three people who remain catched in the fuselage of the airplane. Colonel Castañeda reported that the two dead people were farmers who inhabited a house in a countryside, and to those who them the airship fell above. Apparently, the deads are a man of 38 years and a junior of 12 years. According to the information given by the Police of Cundinamarca, two of the wounded are being taken care of in the hospital of Madrid, and rest are being evacuated in a helicopter towards the hospital of the Police in Bogota

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Camilo1]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What I find interesting in the cnn link story is that on May 25 another 747 crashed during takeoff at Brussels and I NEVER heard of that story!!

If anyone finds a link to that story before me please post!

Thanks,
M

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow no kiddin its weird you never heard about it. It was all over the web on the aviation sites. Anyways here is a link to a whole bunch of images over at Airliners.net:
www.airliners.net...

And a article for your perusal as well.
www.flightglobal.com...

Investigations have begun into the crash on takeoff of a Kalitta Air Boeing 747-200 freighter at Brussels Airport.
The 25 May accident destroyed the aircraft but all five crew members on board escaped serious injury.
The Pratt & Whitney JT9D-powered 747-200F was 28 years old and was registered as N704CK.

It was attempting a departure from runway 20 for Bahrain with 76t of freight on board, says Brussels Airport. The 747 came to a rest off the southern end of the runway with its fuselage broken in two at the wing.

Also photos of the crash in Bogota (Santa Fe de Bogota) are available at this link as well:
www.airliners.net...

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Canada_EH]

new topics

join