It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Building (Pics)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I forgot to say that I used a value of 2.200 on the Wavelet Sharpening dialog, it makes the image look better.

Wow! It seems you've really done your homework!
But....

A value of 2.200?? Now that would just sharpen the pixels and make the image suck if zoomed in further, what?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If you like this, wait till you see what is on the the backside of the moon! Take a liitle trip on youtube and punch in "backside of moon"!They have some decent stuff.Incredible new stuff is forthcoming!Hang in there!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think you should change your crown for one who does not give you those strange ideas.

Who said anything about castles (or even other large buildings)?

A large building would leave more material on its previous location, and the materials would have a more uniform shape and size.

If we had a real geologist on ATS that could explain geologic processes to us it would be easier to see (or maybe not) the most probable origin of these rocks.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
A value of 2.200?? Now that would just sharpen the pixels and make the image suck if zoomed in further, what?
Not much, but you can see by yourself.

This is without any sharpening.

And this with 2.2 Wavelet Sharpening

As my idea was to show the place and the shape of the rocks, I thought sharpening the images a little would be acceptable, but because I changed the images I thought I should say it.

If anyone without the possibility of using IASViewer wants to see the images as they are, just say so,

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by unnamedninja
Gotta love skeptics. Yep Mars is a different planet, it has different kinds of winds which are capable of creating perfect cubes and pyramids.

Uh huh.

It's interesting that you see a "perfect" anything in the image. Some of the edges appear to be relatively straight, sure. But perfect? Hardly.

Oh, that's right. Some of it has decayed. That explains everything.

Somebody needs to buy those Martians a square and a level.

See how easy it is to sound condescending in these posts?

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
At this moment, I am seeing this thread while at work (but don't tell my boss
) and the images look much worse on this LCD screen than on my CRT at home.

This makes me think that some people may see (or not see) things because of the monitors they use, and it shows that I am not changing to a LCD screen.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
This makes me think that some people may see (or not see) things because of the monitors they use, and it shows that I am not changing to a LCD screen.

Said that once or twice yes I have

Or the browser/graphic program, the video card, the IP server... (AOL reduces image quality for dial up speed
)..

Then there are glasses and finally ability to 'decode images'

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

While there are some subjective things (people do not have a standard way of seeing colours, and people with Daltonism are unable to see colours as other people do, and some mothers of people suffering from Daltonism see more shades of green than "normal" people, and those are not measurable), there also objective things, like ISPs, browsers and monitors.

One thing I know is that some cheap LCD screens can not show more than 18 bit colour (with only 64 instead of the usual 256 shades of red, green and blue), giving a total of 262,144 colours, while all CRT monitors can show 24 bit colour with 16,777,216 colours.

Also, LCD screens do not have contrast as high that from CRT monitors and if a LCD screen is not used in its native resolution the image will have artifacts.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

It's interesting that you see a "perfect" anything in the image. Some of the edges appear to be relatively straight, sure. But perfect? Hardly.

Oh, that's right. Some of it has decayed. That explains everything.

Somebody needs to buy those Martians a square and a level.

Apart from that, did it occur to you that:

1. Martians may not be perfect. Or
2. They may have a different concept for construction. Or
3. Those sods who constructed it may have had a Martian beer too many! You know, there's little or no water on Mars!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhw007
Part of an on-going inquiry with the PDS:

Specifically I was
searching for an image linked here:

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

where the object in question "looks like" a petrified piece of a wooden log.
The rover's track go OVER this but it amazed me that there were NO PanCam
images in various filters so that a COLOR and also a minerological study of
this object was taken. Since the merb site search produced the above image
while searching for just nav and pan cam images it appears that no such
pancam images were put into the PDS...IF...any were taken. I remain puzzled
why this "anomalous" object was not imaged by the PanCam camea suite. That
is a question you cannot answer and it is far to late to go back to the site
to re-image the object in question for scientific definitive evidence as to
WHAT it may be. Certainly is an "odd rock".

Bob...

[edit on 7-7-2008 by rhw007]

I was about to take a look at the log, untill I noticed something else that I thought was a bit strange. When you look a bit above the "log" you see two, what apear to be, allmost perfect squares laying side by side. Or am I "seeing" things?

Here are the images I am talking about:

[edit on 17-7-2008 by 2Faced]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

Amazing. In the second picture (green), the 2 squares are unmistakably... square. I don't see anything in the first one (red). Good find!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Cool pictures. I've always believe that man was on the moon before the apollo's. You can't broadcast the deaths of astronauts because they went into the unknown, takes a few passes to get it right. As I believe with Mars, Man has traversed there and one day, they'll actually broadcast it....as "the first landing and walk".

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

I see the squares clearly in both the images. That is a very good observation, thanks for your post! Star from me!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
reply to post by 2Faced

Amazing. In the second picture (green), the 2 squares are unmistakably... square. I don't see anything in the first one (red). Good find!

perhaps I should have clarified that the red lines simply hover above the squares. I changed it a bit, so it is more obvious.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by 2Faced]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I hope I have helped you deny your ignorance today.

No just confuddled the matter...

THIS is a monolith

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I think you should change your crown for one who does not give you those strange ideas.

Its not the crown its the heat You ever try wearing one in 120 degree desert?

If we had a real geologist on ATS that could explain geologic processes to us it would be easier to see (or maybe not) the most probable origin of these rocks.

But I am a real geologist and I already showed you that granite fractures into fairly regular blocks... but I searched for days trying to find a sample on Earth that was THAT smooth and rectangular... with no luck

So Castle on the Hill works better for me....

[edit on 18-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
perhaps I should have clarified that the red lines simply hover above the squares. I changed it a bit, so it is more obvious.

Have a close look at your squares... they are actually depressions... like a foundation is under them... also on either side of the two squares it appears to continue but not as defined...

You can see the rover tracks dip into the depression... I think I will add this find to the other area I want to send th SETI... Might be a potential Archaeological site

The photo with the beam also has two other anomalies...

This and the beam are visible in four frames.... as this is the navigation camera for Sol 115 I don't have a color version handy...

The other thing is in the rover track... looks like someone dropped a necklace with a star on it

Now it seems Opportunity hung around this area for a long time because on Sol 738 its still on the same rocks with blueberries all over the place...

Funny thing is... it found more timbers... but this time someone stacked them

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is one of your squares with a little gamma... shows the depressions clearer

Data page
www.thelivingmoon.com...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

Ah right, I thought you found 4 squares. 2 squares side by side is already weird enough. Hexagonal mounds similar to what is found in Antarctica's dry valleys are common, they are not always hexagonal, other random polygons are possible. But these look special as there are no other polygons nearby. Why is it that anomalies seem to cluster in the same picture? Nothing out of the ordinary in 100 pictures and then several in a single picture. The picture in the OP has many interesting features too.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join