It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flop-Bama strikes again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this constitutes a flip or a flop or perhaps nothing at all. I have misplaced my Hope and Change handbook. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

www.politico.com...

Becker

I really don't want this guy to be the next President.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
I'm not sure if this constitutes a flip or a flop or perhaps nothing at all. I have misplaced my Hope and Change handbook. Perhaps someone could enlighten me.

I think this constitutes a flip..

He's already going back on his promises, and he isn't even in office! I imagine some of his new financial backers have been twisting his arm a tad bit.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Do people realy care about flip floping?

I mean, what worse?

A. Acknoleging that you were previously wroung and changing your views...
B. Stubbornly keep you position, even when all eveidence points in the other direction

And on this topic, it is one of the few things Obama may be doing right...

I disagree with the guy on policy proably 90-70% of the time...

But who cares about flip-floping, thats the least important thing... Id be FAR more scrared if someone NEVER changed thier veiws... i mean, do you remember the tings that you belived when you were younger... what if you had stubbornly stood by those ideas...

Changing your mind on issues is part of being human... part of reasoning... as evidence changes, your evaliation of a topic should change.

And who knows, mabye in this case, Polosi and Murtha called Obama up and said something likem, "Were making a bunch of money, dont you dare pull out now..."

In fact, you dont see polisi at all anymore... the news is hiding her, as she runs the house straight into the ground... while her and her cronies stuff thier coffers...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It works both ways and the Republican Governor we elected in Florida is as liberal as our last Democratic Governor, in a lot of categories.
I do like one thing about him, that he is for off shore oil drilling.
It is foolish to think that a R, or D presidential candidate is not going to be owned.
Pick out something you believe in and find a third party that supports it.
R and D only believe in power.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
they should sell Flip-Flops with his picture on them,,,

this guy has changed his mind so much that i don`t think anyone really knows what he is supposed to stand for..
I know what he stands for....the N.W.O

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

I here ya TK. It's the incessant pandering for the votes and the money that needs addressing. This is the new age of politics. Feed em what they want and when they want something different to eat, well feed em' that then!

I'm really getting sick of the whole ordeal.

Becker

[edit on 3-7-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You have a lot of nerve using reality and common sense in a political debate. How dare you!!!!!

I believe Obama is becoming quite masterful at not answering questions. He is not yet at Bill Clinton's level, but then that is an extremely high bar to reach.

The only reasonable answer any of them could give is; I'll try and make the right decisions, based on the facts at the time I make those decisions. Reasonable won't get them elected, so they are all FORCED to lie.

The real question with any of them is can their judgment be trusted, not what their current talking points are based on recent polls. Their judgment judgment is everything. Facts change day to day.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
they should sell Flip-Flops with his picture on them,,,

this guy has changed his mind so much that i don`t think anyone really knows what he is supposed to stand for..
I know what he stands for....the N.W.O

OMG that may be the funniest thing anyone has ever said

.......nope, nevermind

on topic:

Barack Obama will be president. If the republicans best offer is John McCain, then ...
... all you can do is laugh.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I agree, but I think most people characterize 'flip-flopping' not as a true change of opinion, but changing out of political expediency.

That's obviously what's happening here. Given the success of the surge, Obama has been forced to take a significant step away from his earlier call to begin pulling troops out immediately. I'm not sure its an outright flip-flop, but it definitely is a major backpedal, IMO.

top topics

join