It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Lot Lot Lot] Need Opinions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Firstly let me say that I'm not sure this is in the right thread. If not I welcome any admin to put it into the correct category.

I need some help. I've been studying Torah (the jewish holy text) and something occurred that spooked me, or rather discouraged me to continue due to the necessity of answers.
One day as I was reading Genesis, I can't reference the paragraph/line as my notes on it disappeared, again. As I was reading I hallucinated. Plain and simple. As I was reading I was taking notes on things of interest, and in the line which I can't give you guys now, I read, in parenthesis this exactly: [Lot Lot Lot]. I wrote it down and went to my mentors to ask them the meaning of the quote, and on my way I was stopped by peers who could clearly see the confusion/excitement I was radiating. They asked me what was up, I told them of the strange inclusion of Lot's name three times, and they asked me to show it to them, only it wasn't there. I've re-read that precise passage a dozen times over and over, never able to find Lot's name in parenthesis as my notes had them down.

I was later to learn who Lot was - Abraham's nephew and the survivor of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. I was also later to learn that the numerical value of Lot in Gematria equated to 45. 4+5 makes 9. However I saw, read, and noted Lot's name three times. In Gematria this makes 45 + 45 + 45, which makes 135. 1+3+5 makes 9 again.

When I was younger I had always had short hair, but when i was 14 my mother shaved my head almost bare revealing 3 birthmarks strangely aligned on my right forehead/head cap. Since the discovery of these birthmarks three has been my luckiest number. Everything good for me has come in three's. What's luckier than 3? Why three, three times! 333. 3+3+3 makes 9 again. So there we have three nines, three three's and Lot's name three times.

999, 333, 45 45 45, 135, 9, 99, 3, 45.

I've been stuck. I believe that the hallucination was meant for me to discover the answer to, but I have no idea what to think, or where to start. The correlation between the hallucination (when transfered with Gematria) and my lucky number being 3, the number I'm MARKED with is definitely real. Every fiber of my being tells me so.

So what's the purpose in my beginning this thread.... I'm stumped, and can't find any sort of meaning to the holy hallucination. I'm here to ask you ATSer's if you have any sort of advice to offer me. I'm not expecting you to solve the riddle of the hallucination, as i believe only I can do it, as it was my hallucination meant for me, but what i'm hoping for is a possible clue, or hint as to the meaning of it.

Please tell me what you think.

And NO! I was not on drugs or under the influence of any outside substance.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

Life on earth is too short to dwell on why things happen to you. Take from them what you can to prepare you for the next event that will happen to you. I respect that you are studying your religion, we all need something to believe in when it comes to why we even exist. You've had your experience, you'll have more. Remember them and you'll figure it out on your own sooner or later. I need a beer

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Thanks Jitombe,

The thing is, that my soul, my subconscious urges me to figure out the meaning to this hallucination before I proceed in my studies. There's a secret in it that will help me understand later parts of Torah. I know it, and I can't explain how I know it. That's why I'm asking for help in deciphering the hallucination, so that I can proceed forward. I feel stuck.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What are you saying?

999-666= a leftover moshiach?

I don't get it. 1-3-5 is a note progression that makes a chord. The C chord = C-E-G, right? So what do we have?

1 = Aleph
3 = Gimel
5 = Heh

Whoa! Would you look at that?

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
While looking into possible meanings of it I stumbled across the number 333. It represents, in Christianity the chorozon. 333 - Half of the Beast - The Chorozon.

It's believed that the chorozon will begot the anti-christ or contribute to helping the anti-christ, 666, fully realize himself and fulfill his destiny.

It's curious also - that 999 appeared. 333 and 999 sandwich 666, possibly a suppressant.

Just following a thought process.

Also, Garyo, i'm not sure if your post was supposed to be an attempted flamage, but it does strike some interest. Aleph Gimel and Hey make the word sideways. Makes me wonder if I've been thinking about the whole situation sideways, and that's the disease of Lot, always thinking sideways. Just another thought process.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

No flame, nope, nope, nope....I would not do that.
I may talk in wry, Jewish humor, but I do not flame.

Anyone who seeks Cheshbon Hanefesh has my utmost respect.

ani leeheetnatsel

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The fact that the name is repeated three times indicates that is a warning.
Like saying danger danger danger!
Lot survived something comparable to a nuke.
Is your location a potential target of some sort of bombing?
Could be a sign that you need to get out.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
no.... 3 is a sign of many things, danger not being one of them.

the use of words three times for warning someone is simply because for human kind three is a majestic number. if someone repeats something to you three times, like your example, danger danger danger, then you're mind is commanded to acknowledge it.

atleast that's how it works to my understanding understanding understanding.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Hello there,
My advice if I may, you shouldn’t go public with this stuff.
Is a reason for every thing that is happening to you or to any one else.
Maybe you will get some kind of hint from someone unexpected and unknown to you.
Like the first reply you got, be patient and do what your heart tells you.
Have a good journey,
Kacou

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Perhaps you should consider Lot from the Torah perspective.
Check out what Rabbi Wein has to say:

Here

I will check back tomorrow.

laylah tov!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Whatever you saw was a message for you only, you will not find an answer here, and definately not anywhere else, if you do, it most likely won't be the right one. I have had such things happen to me although I don't like revealing them, so maybe a little comfort knowing these are trying times and alot of people seem to be getting heavenly messages. Most people assume it's just lunacy and move on.

What's more sometimes you have to go forward to reveal the answers to what is behind. The most important things are rarely understanding the answer, but the question, if you wait on the answer just to fall on you, you are concentrating on the wrong things, The next question you discover, when understood completely, will most likely give you the answer to the question before. Confusing I know, but my point is you should be jumping at the chance to move forward with this revelation, don't let it scare you, There's nothing from a holy reading that should actually instill fear in you! Keep going.

All prophets have been called lunatics so don't be so quick to call this epiphany a hallucination, call it a vision and see where it leads in the scriptures!

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think it says somewhere in the Christian bible that the young men will have visions and old men will dream dreams, in the end time.
My guess is that you are young, so you would have visions.
I had a vision and an angel said I had to go to a place to meet a certain person.
I went to that place and waited and that person showed up.
This has nothing to do with your vision, but my point is that people do have visions and they should be paid attention to.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
azblack,

i agree with you that whatever i saw was for me and the answer will only come from me, but i'm not here seeking answers. i'm here seeking opinions which could function like clues or hints as to the meaning.

about reading on, i'm compelled not to. i feel like i need to figure this out before continuing my studies. it's as if learning the meaning of the hallucination (vision) will envoke greater understanding of things to come in the text.

thanks for the contribution however.

jmdewey, my father has dreams and visions, as do i. you're correct to assuming that i am young but i don't think the quote is at is appears. young and old aren't determinations of age, but rather, i believe they're referring to a facet of society. older men dream of things because they don't feel they can accomplish them with the time they have left on the earth. telling young people they have visions, it's like prediction of things to pass, meaning their young dreams can still become reality, making them not dreams.

maybe that's a bit confusing...

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
garyo - thank you for linking me to that article by rabbi wein.

before reading it i was discussing the 'vision' with my sister and we came to a similar conclusion.

i must meditate on this. if i'm a descendant of lot then i must seek my way back to abraham. i hope he'll welcome me

ats's alien and ufo section is a stepping stone infront of a blind man.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Hi Crabmeat,

I just stumbled across your thread. My gut reaction regarding your seeing Lot three times brought to mind something I was taught by a Torah scholar I knew and respected some many years ago. I'm not sure where you would find this in the Halaka, but I was taught that if you do something three times you are obligating yourself to do it from now on (for instance, if you observe shabbat 3 times consecutively and correctly you are telling Hashem that you are obligating yourself to continue observing that particular mitzva from now on). I believe an example of this is in the rabbinic tradition of asking someone the same question 3 times (like if someone gives you a gift you are unsure you should accept due to it's value, if you ask the person three times and they give you the same answer each time then it is an auspcious indication with regards to you receiving that item from that person). Someone earlier had suggested your seeing Lot's name 3 times was a warning, I'm suggesting that as opposed to it being necessarily a warning (which is always a possibility), it was more like highlighting something with a highlighter, then underlining it, then circling it. Sounds like it is a matter of emphasis that your higher self (let's say your Neshoma) is pointing out to you, because there is an important personal correlation between you and Lot's experience in the text. So does that mean you are a gilgul of Lot? Hey, maybe, but I'm guessing probably not. Does it suggest that there is a spark of Lot's soul in you? hey who knows, could be-- that is something you of course have to figure out on your own.

I personally, and this is just my opinion, have my doubts as to if ATS is the safest/best place to be discussing this subject in particular (for several different reasons I'd be glad to elaborate on privately if you want to U2U me). I don't know anything about your background (I heard you say you were studying Torah, but I didn't know in what context and I certainly wouldn't presume to judge you at all no matter what your approach was). Maybe a little background would helpful as well.

Also, just on a side note, what's with the "crabmeat?" I'm guessing there's some sort of in-joke I would probably find rather amusing if explained properly. You know crab ain't kosher, right?

Peace,
hexagram23

here's my standard disclaimer: no I'm not Jewish, nor am I a Christian.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
thanks for the reply hexagram.
i believe that i was taught that by a rabbi many years ago but simply forgot or repressed it perhaps.
i'm interested in why you think ATS isn't the "safest/best place" to be discussing the subject i brought up. if you're not alligned to elaborating here please do U2U me.
i'm jewish. bal-chuvah. when i was a a toddler my parents didn't observe shabbos or any of the more spiritually inclined jewish holidays. something personal occured in their life and they found peace from it within judaism. that occurred in my teen years. i was very rebellious against all of it, without really knowing what judaism was. my brother and i went to a religious camp in the adirondack mountains, and studied with amazing rabbi's for 12 days. since then i've been meeting up with torah scholars and discussing things, but my knowledge about torah academia is fractional, at best, to what it could be if i devoted myself entirely to torah life.
i'm aware that crab is not kosher, but i'm not a kosher jew. i'm not ready to say good bye to bacon and shrimp, crabs and lobsters. i don't mix cheese and meat however, it makes me feel drained spiritually.

thanks for the contribution :p

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

There are certain combinations of food that are taxing on your body to digest.
I heard a show about eating meat and potatoes, where it can drain your energy for a long time.
You could be experiencing an energy lag, from the chemical aspect and not spiritually.
I do not eat pork or shell-fish because they make me feel sick.
I do not think abstaining from certain foods makes me a better person, but I feel better.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yes, the vision is for you alone to interpret. As for those who say do not share them, I disagree. Even your mentors cannot take you anywhere you don't already somehow know that you can find.

Language is a funny thing, isn't it. These little squiggles and dots... they are dead by themselves. You provide the fire.

I guess what I'm saying is that you are moving beyond the word now, and God will talk to you even through the words of fools, who do not themselves partake of the meaning that is meant for you.

You make me hopeful.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
applebiter

i'm a firm believer that people can learn from anybody, even the bumbling fool of a drunk can offer you wisdom and/or guidance. i approached ATS for help for this reason. i'm not calling anybody here at ATS a drunk bumbling fool, infact there are many an intelligent peoples writing here. that is why i approached this community for a hint or clue.

what you said is very intriguing too. one can interpret lessons from the words of an individual who didn't mean any lesson in what they spoke. it's like torah. you can take it as a story, or you can go deeper into it and derive meaning. you can do the same with shakespear, or like my old highschool teacher did, from the scarlet letter (which is a book i hate ;p)

thank you for your contribution.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

keep digging, crabmeat. you already see the sparks here and there - it is apparent in your words. the sparks mean "keep doing what ever you are doing".

something is happening, and there are many more of us who feel it than I ever hoped to believe, before.

new topics

top topics

join