It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next MP3 Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Free Music Using Web 2.0 Recording

RapidSolution Software AG presents new Windows software MP3videoraptor 3.0 that allows users to instantly download and save virtually any song in MP3 format - free of charge. Even the automatic creation of an entire music library is a piece of cake.

What makes this principle revolutionary are two functions: an intelligent control and the recording of music from numerous individual Web 2.0 radios - the legal and free way to get your favorite music.

So, now we can all get any piece of music that we want for free again. My first thought was that as long as the Internet exists, and Internet geeks exist, there will be someone out there who finds the loophole in the law and exploits it. My second thought was...how is the government going to respond to this? I'm guessing that this kind of activity is going to eventually lead to Internet Radio being completely shut down. In the meantime...happy downloading!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
yay, no more searching, downloading, converting, then syncing from torrents. now we can download, listen, then hear on fox that free mp3's are banned all-together...funny thing is we'll always find another way..

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I wonder how long this will last? As much as I want free music, I also want my favourite artists to keep creating it. How is the piper paid with this model?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
As much as I want free music, I also want my favourite artists to keep creating it. How is the piper paid with this model?

Most musicians should be making a crap load of money off of live concerts, t-shirts, hats, and other merchandise that goes along with their band.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I don't want to stray away from this thread. But, I own a site called www.drulz.com and artists can sell there music for 99 cents and get back 90%, more than Itunes or any other sites out there.

I feel artists should get money back, that's why I made the site in the first place. Artists just don't make as much as they use to because of the internet and P2P.

To the post, I think this will be abused and create even more headaches for artists, and the RIAA is going to crack down on this one.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by jhill76]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I would imagine that this is already illegal, they just aren't going after it yet. As it gains in popularity, it will also gain more attention from the RIAA.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I agree that this will hurt artists even more if the system of producing music stays as is. This could be a huge paradigm shift in the industry in general. Maybe it's time for a change in thought as to how money can be made as an artist. It's obviously not going to be through selling albums anymore. The one positive is that you could potentially have an even larger following as more people download your music. Maybe going on tour and doing more shows will be the only real answer as you'll have more fans who are willing to watch your concert. I don't know. And as far as the RIAA, they are going to be pissed, but there isn't any copywrite infringment going on with this program. It is basically just recording an internet radio station and making it an mp3. If anything, one day there might not be anymore "free radio" whether over the airwaves or the internet.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Stop being a musician and become and artist. Start creating art instead of playing someone elses. The real growth industry is in Video Games. A game without music would be very bland indeed. Then there is special edition releases that come with a special Electronic "Key" that generates a random number that allows buyers to access HiDef Streams of Music Videos, Live Concert Streams etc. The key will allow decryption of premium content. Such a system would be very hard to crack and if no connection is present then you can just listen to it offline so to speak.

Do like Video Games do and add value ONLINE that connects to a physical product you can resell when you like.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by sardion2000]

[edit on 2-7-2008 by sardion2000]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
A Friend of mine owns one of these online radio stations and has thousands of listeners every night, she has put together this station with her bare hands on a severely limited income but has managed to keep it up and running even though "some force around her" keeps destroying her computers and programs.. It's funny how she's never ever had and serious computer problems since she started this at www.ourmusic1.com and has many listeners from all over the U.S.A. and in an E.A. game site called Pogo.

She has many many DJ's but the favorite at the moment is DJ Bich, who gets serious laughs and applause..
Anyway, to stay ON topic, I'll just say that this friend of mine has had tons of problems with many different entities, Be it the FCC and many others, she fights every day to keep her station free, because all the music she does send out on this station has been obtained legally, either by purchasing the music herself by CD's or by downloading it onto her computer through Itunes, she always makes sure that the artists are paid fairly.. I didn't realize at the time that once my computer was logged on to her station that I could record every single song(say, onto my Windows media player), but I do have to say that every CD that I have on my MP3 player was purchased either at a store or through BMG music, ripped onto my media players, of which I have three, and then transferred the usual way either using WMA files, or going through www.switch.com to make them all into MP3's..

To me, this is the only fair way to get music and give the artists their due, because they spend all their money on trying to "make it"..

Regardless, I won't be using this form of recording, because I don't like to steal from others and have never made it a practice to try to get my stuff for free..

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Artists make like 16 cents per CD. Sure, if the album goes platinum, then they get a decent paycheck. But most of their income is from live concerts.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

I thought that they would get a little more then that, but then again there are a lot of people that are part of the process of making an album.

-fm

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Indeed it is tough for artists to get their dues in the world today, but it is not because of the internet. Recording companies, labels, producers, PR people, managers, venues, and governments are the real problem. Artists who make 16 cents per CD are being whored out by these media moguls who make the real money. If the average CD is $10 we can assume that SOMEONE is taking the other $9.84 that we pay. What we need are more voices for local bands and independant labels.

Is anyone else sick of the s--- that is on the radio?

new topics

top topics

join