It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Object Posted on Mufon I Want Everyone's Opinion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hi all...

I check the MUFON reports for Ohio since I live here...and I keep going back to this one because I think it's pretty unique but I'd love to have your opinions as well. I've kept an eye on it off and on to see if it ever pops up anywhere else and I have no clue if MUFON reports on each case whether or not it's "solved" or "identified" or not...but I keep going back to it, so figured I'd post it for everyone's opinion? Especially those of you good at photoshopping and analyzing, spotting CGI etc! This object intrigues me!!!

It doesn't look like much until you click on the magnifying tool...the object is above the awesome picture of the moon....and here's the report that was submitted with the picture somewhere in Ohio on 08/28/2007:

During the lunar eclipse I wanted to photograph the event. I got my camera and set up my tripod in front of my house. Night photography needs longer exposure times without camera movement. I set the desired exposure and set the timer so I wouldn't shake the camera while taking the picture. Pressing the button and waiting 10 seconds for the camera to fire I would not be looking through the viewfinder. This photo was the longest exposure of the night at 4 seconds. You can see some of the movement of the stars with a small amount of streaking with a long exposure of 4 seconds. This object has a very defined pattern of lights and some visible structure.

Thanks for your opinion all!

[edit on 1-7-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
When you zoom into the picture, there definitely seems to be a solid object there.
Star & flag for you.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yes Schrodingers dog,

I see a solid object as well, interesting lights along it too.

I just checked to see if there indeed was a lunar eclipse on this date and yes there was, so that part of the photographer's story is true, and the moon appears to be the color of the moon described below:

A total eclipse of the Moon occurs during the early morning of Tuesday, August 28, 2007. The event is widely visible from the United States and Canada as well as South America, the Pacific Ocean, eastern Asia and Australia. During a total lunar eclipse, the Moon's disk can take on a dramatically colorful appearance from bright orange to blood red to dark brown and (rarely) very dark gray.

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Really an amazing picture.

Zoomed in it looks quite good and I hope the original picture shows up for more examination.

Star and Flag.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

How would the eclipse affect the image?
I think it's not the right shape for the space station.
Cool pic.
Also, thank you for not letting us wait 10hrs for it.

[edit on 7/1/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
nice exposure pic, it definatly looks like a solid object. this reminds me of a program i saw where a guy took long-exposed pictures from a hi-res cam on a tripod. he had a lot of interesting pics but there was one that showed a streak of light, then a vortex-shaped cloud,looked kind of like a sonic boom but isolated in the exposure. the narrator went on to explain the pic as a possible dimensional portal for ufo's.
very nice pic, keep at it!

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Hi LA!
Great find, s&f!
I upped the contrast and brightness a little, although it would be good to get Internos to have a quick look and see what he can do the image!

Sure does look like there is something there, other than star movement!

H

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Oh wow cool, thanks for enhancing the image for us Havalon
Yes, certainly looks like the lights are attached to something solid, star for you, and thanks!

Yes it doesn't look like star movement since there's a few streaks that look like stars in the background. Does that mean this object was stationary since it isn't blurred? Anyone?

I sent Internos a U2U so hopefully he will have time to look at it sometime soon

Notice too, how the lights are all in pairs, except for the red ones? all I can say is wow lol...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Really cool image. Don't know what is in the picture but it seems legit. At least to me, I no expert!

It looks like some sort of grey/silver/white craft is the source of the lights in the darkness.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Some parts look like strobe lights. Seems to be a definite repeating pattern. May be some type of aircraft passing.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
In my opinion its a long exposure of an airplane.

I am by far no expert in photo forensics but when you keep your shutter or digital exposure open for a extended period you will get this type of object.

My sample source got cut off but you can click on it to see the object being over exposed.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yeah and thanks LA!
I thought that too!, the *pairs* of lights does seem to have an 'intelligence' about it rather than 'random' starlight.

H

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Hiyah Rhain,

I was thinking that it could be that too, thanks for putting up an example for us...the only difference is, the lights on the object in question don't blur together like they are moving...like your example.

The lights on the object in the MUFON picture are perfectly clear, not blurry at all like the stars in the picture with it, in fact when you do the magnifying tool there's a star that's blurred up above the object to the right...so...that's why I was wondering, does that mean the object wasn't moving?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Notice how the resemblence of the Mexico sighting of 2004 has kind of the same light signature

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Watch an airplane fly by at night. Sometime you'll see a strobe on one side flash then the other side flash. A short delay then it repeats. That's what the points of lights seem to reveal to me. The red might be a single strobe along the body or tail.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Hello LateApexer313 Very interesting image the lights seem to hold symetry when doing a closeup.
this is a related subject img
[img]

it seems lunar eclipse have some attraction to UFOS
star and flag

[edit on 1-7-2008 by angelc01]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
reply to post by Rhain

Hiyah Rhain,

I was thinking that it could be that too, thanks for putting up an example for us...the only difference is, the lights on the object in question don't blur together like they are moving...like your example.

Yes so true and I do believe it may be due to the camera used the four second exposure.

On the pic it say 4.0s I take that to mean 4 seconds and if you count off the lights its repeated 4 times.

On a SLR camera the shutter stays open for the full 4 seconds which draws the light as a blur. But on a digital camera the shutter does not stay open. Again I am no expert but to my way of thinking.

Nice camera btw.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
very interesting find, op. i would like to hear what internos has to say about this; have you contacted the poster on mufon to see if the raw data file is available?

seeker

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, shoot....so is the consensus that it's probably a plane going by?

LOL wow and I thought it was just too cool, and totally not the normal "UFO"....come on people convince me now it's not a plane going by

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Hiyah seeker, and thanks...I would contact the poster but when they show the reports on MUFON they don't give the person's e-mail address or any way to contact them....I don't even know if MUFON has a way to contact them...anyone know about that?

But I am close to buying Rhain's and roadgravel's view that it's a plane going by.

Do plane's have two sets of white lights, one on top and one on the bottom? And how about the speed? Would a plane travel that far or that slow in 4 seconds? Or, I should say, is it going fast or slow for a plane?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join