It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military official: Iran digging 320,000 graves for invaders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Military official: Iran digging 320,000 graves for invaders

news.xinhuanet.com

TEHRAN, June 29 (Xinhua) -- A senior Iranian military official said on Sunday the Islamic republic is digging some 320,000 graves in its border provinces for future slain invaders, Iran's English-language satellite channel Press TV reported.

Iran's Armed Forces headquarters has approved the plan to dig graves for enemy forces in case of any attack on its territory, said Brigadier General Mir-Faisal Baqerzadeh, head of the Foundation for the Remembrance of the Holy Defense.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
YIKES. That is some project to undertake unless you know something is coming. I couldn;t believe it when I read it. This seems like more than rhetoric to me.

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Story is also

Here (AFP)

Man, what a crazy statement to make!

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
ughh there is a new breaking news story about Iran everyday. I don't know what or who to believe anymore.... what a shame.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I too saw this headline on drudge when I got home from work tonight. It is a disconcerting thought. I think, though, what they are doing is digging the holes to bury their own dead because they *will not* win any war against Israel.

This whole mid-east war mess recycles over and over and I, personally, am sick of it. The media makes everyone over there seem like extremists in one way or another. I don't get that. Who is the enemy here? Is Iran really the enemy with its terrorist leader / figurehead? Is it really Israel that's to blame because they want their God given land? With all that goes on that I never see, who in the hell am I to judge what's going on and who's to blame?

I just wish it would stop. Too many innocents suffer for the profits of man. Slaves, sickness, famine, death, fates worse than death, economic collapse, out of control tyrants - these are all the results of war.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by uplander]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
They might as well make epitaphs for their dead. It would be an aerial war, not a land one.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am pretty sure that Russia has made it clear than Iran is not to be touched. We are on a freight train headed for a big canyon, and there ain't no bridge, and there ain't no brakes. That canyon is WWIII.

God help us.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
I am pretty sure that Russia has made it clear than Iran is not to be touched. We are on a freight train headed for a big canyon, and there ain't no bridge, and there ain't no brakes. That canyon is WWIII.

God help us.

You know, I totally forgot that Russia was on the Iranian side. Does anyone know why they choose them to be buds with? Another question: How does the newly forming Arctic Passageway come into play here?

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What is the significance of the number 320,000? Is that how many soldiers that are in Iran's army, or Israels, or the US's?

Just odd that they would pick 320,000 instead of a more rounded number like 300,000 unless it had some meaning.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I've said the same in the past downtown. And have been accused of not knowing my arse from a hole in the wall.
I suppose we shall see.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I think its just Iran puffing its chest out.
the worst enemy is the enemy that has nothing left to lose.
Iran's leaders obviously do not care about losing 100,000's of their own countrymen... thus the mass graves.

Plus, digging large holes cnanot be that hard.
Get the right machinery, enough troops... be over in no time.

Id be worried when they start moving mass tank battalions and troop formations to Iraq/Iran border towns...

or bringing out all their mobile AA

hell ,it would take time to call up all the reserves...

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I feel like I am in some sort of alternate reality. Have we not had enough of war?
We allow our leaders to profit mightily by it.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
If it is true, it seems like a propaganda tool and saber rattling. The Iranian Government using this as a ploy to boost moral, sure your digging graves, which can't be that much of a boost of moral, but it's the grave of people that you dislike so much. Iran won't be the one who starts this conflict, no matter how crazy many you may think Iran's president is, he knows he would lose, unless he had a country to sincerely back Iran. Oddly sounds like the Cold War proxy wars. Russia backing one side, U.S. the other. Who claimed it was over?

Edit: Bad English...

[edit on 30-6-2008 by Neaux]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
To be honest this is no scary news. At-least they are not KILLING 320,000 people just yet. They can dig all the graves they want. It'll make the job easier for me and my peeps. lol

This is nothing more then a cheap way to scare the world. Cheap,easy, and effective. How easy is digging. The propaganda guy needs to start thinking.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by USMC-oorah]

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
This is just how they respond when they feel threatened in that part of the world. We should know that by now, Saddam Hussein was still beating on his chest while they were pulling down his statue in the middle of Baghdad. They believe they can't afford to show weakness and will make fantastic claims to save face - remember the "mother of all wars" promise..

Unfortunately they fall straight into the war-hawk's trap and give them "proof" that they really are crazy and making wild threats. Saddam was unable to admit he didn't have WMD, because if the US didn't invade then some other country would, in his mind.

We're seeing the same thing with Iran now, threats that you'll "lose your legs" and "we're digging your graves". It's a really bad sign, because it means they believe an attack is imminent. It's not just internet speculation anymore.

reply to post by uplander

On a side note, when I was a kid they showed the plane that the now Iraqi leader was holding hostage. They showed it at school. I don't remember what grade I was in. I do recall seeing his face, though. Jimmy Carter too? I don't know, but you should have felt the horror when I saw this blood thirsty tyrannical terrorist being paraded about as the Iranian President.

It seems like you're a little confused. The hostage crisis in Iran was at the US embassy, not in a plane. And their president was not one of the guys involved, that's just an internet myth.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
While somewhat troubling, I agree with those who characterize this report as "sabre rattling." This, combined with Iran's proclamation that they can hit Israel's Nuclear facilities, is likely an attempt by the gov't of Iran to discourage an attack they fear is in the works.

I'm still not convinced an attack is inevitable. Yes, there is certainly a sense that something is imminent but that is exactly the feeling that the US and Israel want to instill in the hopes that Iran eventually backs down.

I don't believe we think Iran would ever act first because to do so would be to split the Arab world. If that is our calculation then it is beneficial to convince Iran that we are close to taking action.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

they share something in common with the US leadership then?
the Iranian leadership doesnt care about its forces like the US leadership.

if only wars were faught by leaders on leaders in a cage.
that way the corrupt official who wins the cage match wins the war

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Iran and Russia are Allies. Russia has numerous alliances.

Iran is allied with Syria.

Iran is Allied with Four other Caspian Sea Countries, Some of then are Allied With China and Turkey

Iran and Jordan have a Mutual Defense pact, as does Jordan with Egypt.

These are not just Mutual Defense pacts, most of these Relationships are Strategic Military Alliances. And you can bet there is an alliance/pact with Pakistan in there somewhere, and they also have nukes - just like Russia and China.

If this things starts, it will be World war 3. 320 000 graves won't be enough.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Number 1, it's off Xinhua. Not only that, but they've copy and pasted it straight from Iran's news agency, PressTV:

www.presstv.com...

Number 2, this sort of drivel has been a constant stream from PressTV. It's great though for getting an idea of how the Iran media is treating the situation.

A quick look at the PressTV reveals this:

www.presstv.com...

"Iran missiles target Israeli nukes"

Now, if that aint a headline... I don't know what is.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Myth, he is most likely referring to the hijacking of TWA Flight 847 in 1985.

As for Iran, maybe they can make our job even easier if they would nicely stand in their predug graves and wait to be killed. Iran's military poorly armed, poorly trained and incapable of fighting anyone who can actually fight back. Remember, this is the same army that would conscript little kids and make them charge into minefields at gunpoint and then follow it up with pointless human wave charges. Over 1,000,000 Iranians were slaughtered by their own government's stupidity and arrogance from 1980 - 88.

320,000 graves isent anywhere near enough ... because the mullahs wont stop until every last Iranian is dead because of their arrogance.

[edit on 30-6-2008 by ChrisF231]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join