It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning STS-75 "Tether" secret revealed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The STS-75 "tethered satellite", that was swarmed by UFOs on NASA video as it drifted away due to a broken tether, used the very same "tether" that had previously broken on an earlier STS-46 mission while the same "experiment" was being performed as on the on the STS-75 mission. Even though the astronauts trained on a brand new tether for the mission, NASA managers chose to use the remainder of the previously flawed "tether" from the failed STS-46 mission, because they said they felt it had "less" overall use than the new one, which was made especially for the STS-75 mission. The new tether was tested and ready to carry the 100 million dollar satellite. In spite of this, NASA re-used the old tether. This news was admitted by the "science team" at a press conference immediately after the tether broke and the satellite was '"lost in space". This was never mentioned again by NASA! Does it mean that somebody at NASA wanted the tether to break? After all, NASA has now declared the STS-75 mission a success!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
So? I don't think that all the hype over the video was because of the tether.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wrong. All the hype was because it broke and they went into a panic mode and told the astronauts to get them a shot of it sailing away and then download it, sight unseen and we got the famous tether UFO sequence as a result.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by secretnasaman

Wrong. I have never seen anyone talk about the tether more than the UFOs.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Why would anybody OK a used part when a new one was available, unless it is normal to risk 100 million dollar sat. held up by a failed tether. If the tether had not broken they
would never have had any UFO swarm, because the swarming began when the broken tether was 70 N. miles away and continued up to 700 n. miles. and for 4 days. I would not climb up a rope that had previously broken, causing injury to the previous user.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

So when you watched the video, the first thing you thought about was the tether?

And what is your source anyway? How do you know anything about the thether? Even though the tether is pretty irrelevant in the context of the video.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I just would like to clarify your premise here.

Are you saying that NASA intended the thether to break so the swarm could be videoed ?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If the objective was to somehow attract this "swarm", why use the tether at all? It would seem reasonable that just jettesoning an expendable item would work.

And if it was a planned event, why the "panic" for pictures?

I fail to see the angle to this inquiry. Please do make it a bit clearer.

Would the OP please click here for an important U2U:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
If NASA wanted to lose a $100,000,000 satellite without an outcry from the press and the
Italian government, who paid for it, they would have to have an accident. So a new tether, strong and cleared for the mission is replaced at the last minute with the previous tether
that was a failure and unable to hold the last $100,000,000 satellite. On board was a special low light ccd ultraviolet/infrared camera made just for the tether mission, called TOP (tether optical phenomena experiment] which had many filters, all to observe whatever "phenomena" would occur. And phenomena did occur after the tether broke,and
was captured on this special camera.The only issue was that it got seen "live" by Martyn Stubbs, and posted on the web.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

NASA has now declared the STS-75 mission a success!

i would love to see an official statement from NASA that it was a success.

got any links to this ?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Wasn't the tether from the previous experiment shorter than the one for the second experiment?

And are you sure it broke on the first experiment?

And can we have any other source than your post?

[edit on 28/6/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Search STS-75 and there are all kinds of success news stories about the results proving that a satellite can generate power, because the sat. kept working despite the so-called loss. But 100,000.000 is not a small amount of money to just burn up. This electricity somehow caused the UFOs to swarm it for days. Listening to the youtube videos, NASA calmly asks the astronauts what they see as they show us this video of the accident and all
is too calm. The military has had enough problems with expensive, yet bad parts put in aircraft over the years and they usually make a stink about it. But to NASA it's business as usual. Would you climb up a rope that had snapped last time it was used? I think not!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i get a kick out of you people,, you actually think all that space dust were flying saucers zooming around to see a big long rope??? Man no wonder P.T. Barnum made a bundle out of faking wierd things. I believe he said there was a sucker born every minute.. hmmmm

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Regarding it being shorter, well that couldn't be because they used the rest of it and we know this because they announced it at a press conference, before cutting off any further questions.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I mean what more can I say. My source for this is Martyn Stubbs at tbln.com.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

That is only if your theory is correct.

If you go to any place talking about those experiments you will see that the distance that they were expecting to achieve in the first experiment was smaller than the distance achieved on the second, just before the tether broke.

And are you sure the first tether broke?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
in the Doc. The secret NASA transmissions:part 2, there is a news clip that shows the first one floating away. The clip also implies that they can be made to break away, to be used as satellite "killers".

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
yeahh space dust so big it can be seen from behind the tether!I cant understand a lot of you close minded we are alone in the universe types

We are alone because science tells us?Nasa?Take the blinkers off

If you had bothered to watch the tether vid you wouldnt sprout rubbish

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
i get a kick out of you people,, you actually think all that space dust were flying saucers zooming around to see a big long rope??? Man no wonder P.T. Barnum made a bundle out of faking wierd things. I believe he said there was a sucker born every minute.. hmmmm

Space dust doesn't change directions, they don't flash, they don't have a universal apperence, and if there were that much dust and debri out there I wouldn't dare sending anyone outside our atmosphere.

Ice crystals, debri, junk etc DO exists yes, and they to get caught on film sometimes. But the tether incident does not show any of this.

Best UFO footages are imo those taken above earth atmosphere.
Yet many of those sequences are in fact space debri. But it is those obejcts that change flight patterns during filming that interests me.

In space there is not external force that can make an object turn 90 degrees and accelerate after awhile out of the picture.

If you believe that to be space dust then you are just unwilling to see the possibilities.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretnasaman
The STS-75 "tethered satellite", that was swarmed by UFOs on NASA video as it drifted away due to a broken tether, used the very same "tether" that had previously broken on an earlier STS-46 mission while the same "experiment" was being performed as on the on the STS-75 mission. Even though the astronauts trained on a brand new tether for the mission, NASA managers chose to use the remainder of the previously flawed "tether" from the failed STS-46 mission, because they said they felt it had "less" overall use than the new one, which was made especially for the STS-75 mission. The new tether was tested and ready to carry the 100 million dollar satellite. In spite of this, NASA re-used the old tether. This news was admitted by the "science team" at a press conference immediately after the tether broke and the satellite was '"lost in space". This was never mentioned again by NASA! Does it mean that somebody at NASA wanted the tether to break? After all, NASA has now declared the STS-75 mission a success!

Very good sir.
If what "Clark Mclelland" says is right (about anything) he claims that alot of the Nasa satellite missions were actually DoD secret technology exchanges with the aliens etc and that's how he saw the 9 foot tall alien in the docking bay etc etc. So if you put that theory along with yours together one can easily envision the possibility that Nasa sent this sucker up under the guise of being some regular satellite and broke the tether on purpose to make it drift away i.e. deliver the goods right to the ET's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join