It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil Monkey (Picture and Story)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
www.abduct.com...

Has anyone ever heard of this? I was just wondering if this was ever debunked or proven to be fake. I admit that the image of the "devil monkey" looks exactly like another dog, except for the head, which could have been photoshopped. What I find odd about the picture is that the person states that "I walked into my home to find a devil-like creature violently attacking my 6 year old labrador dog" but than the person apparently grabs a camera and the thing stops attacking the dog and convienently both the dog and supposed devil monkey pose for the picture.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rrrichw

The 6 year old lab also looks perfectly content. The funny thing is is that the devil monkey looks exactly like my black lab/terrior mix minus the probably photochopped teeth and eyes.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
That Golden lab looks really ahappy for supposedly being in a fight.
My bet? It's just two dogs. The black sogs looksing at the camera, has it's mouth open, and the eyes are reflecting the light. It doesn't look really all that weird.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Yeah, the "Devil Monkey" is most likely another dog. I mean it doesn't even look at all like a monkey to me lol. It looks a lot like my dog (he's a Staffordshire Bull Terrier crossed with something else). IMO the "Devil Monkey" looks almost exactly like a Staffordshire Bull Terrier

[edit on 27/6/2008 by Sparkly_Eyed777]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
excuse me for the one liner , but...
WHAT A JOKE THAT PICTURE IS .

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I lean towards a real picture, but fake story to accompany it.

The picture itself appears to be two dogs. The 'Devil Monkey' can be explained by the angle of the picture.

-Glowing eyes= Camera flash

-Fangs= inner row of teeth, appearing as one single fang due to the angle and reflection from the flash.

-Story to go along with the Pic= Idiocy, too much time on ones hands and not a very good imagination. Could have been made more believable.

I like this part..

...violently attacking my 6 year old labrador dog. ... There was a camera near by so I grabbed it and snapped a picture of it.

People do strange things when presented with an unusual situation, this however would be considered downright callous not trying to save your beloved dog first.

They should have photo-shopped some blood in there somewhere, at least for an attempt of making it look more believable.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yea I agree if someone says they took a nearby camera and snapped a picture then it's probably fake.

Fake story, Real pic.

As for the second story which I am suprised no one commented on, I have no real thoughts as to what the creature may be exept a mountain lion with mange or something. Looks kinda like something like a statue from egypt or something. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ha, ha, ha...

The ears of the black dog, and yes, it is clearly a dog, are lying back, blending in with it's coat because it's BLACK. The glare in it's eyes is there, just as with the other DOG, only due to the angle, appears larger than the other dog's glare. Looking at the build of it, you can obviously tell that it is a DOG. Also, if this animal was supposedly ATTACKING the other dog, then why does the white one look so unconcerned with it? Ever seen two dogs get in a fight? Ever see a dog get in a fight with another animal? They're very attentive, and I have a feeling that if this were a "demon monkey animal" of some kind that the white dog would be much more concerned with it's presence than it appears.
Whoever posted the original story on the other website has a good imagination, but minimal storytelling ability.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
For sure fake, not only the fact of the posing dogs, but if my dog came under attack by said beast first reaction would be to protect not to get a photo for the scrap book. Good looking picture though.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i dont think it was photoshopped.
i think the dog is chewing on something explaining the crooked jaw an the way the teeth look. it doesnt look pissed and if it was even growling and barking the other dog might look a little more on edge even when playing.
my guess is the teeth just caught the light funny when the dog was enjoying a chew on his mini-kong.

-H.P

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This must be a joke, I mean seriously. There is nothing "un-dog like" at all about the one on the left. In addition, they are two happy "smiling" dogs.

How could that picture even be up for discussion?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
tht is an angry dog because of the flash

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I was often referred to...

As the "Devil Monkey" as a child... My penchant for mischief and adventure quite often got the better of me... I'm all better now and lead a life of quiet contemplation here at ATS...

Devil Monkeys, not just for "humaning around" anymore...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If you can't tell the difference between amonkey and a dog you would not make much of a zoologist crypto or otherwise!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkly_Eyed777

Chocolate lab look-a-like with it's head at a convenient angle to look wierd.

I do not see anything other than 2 dogs. Not even a resemblance of anything but a dog.

@OP, are you serious? Get your eyes checked out ASAP!!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
OHMYGOSH! I HAD ONE OF THESE IN MY HOME it was flying and stuck to the cieling it looks as if maybe the UFO it landed in may have crushed its skull!!!..lol.

oh wait..sorry its just my dog babe.

Sorry but that "devil monkey" surely looks just like a chocolate lab!

Sorry but aren't we here to deny ignorance?

I am as open minded probably even more so then the next guy when given some credible info and photos that aren't like THIS but this is like someone blatantly trying to make a fool of people.

This makes me feel like someones sitting behind a computer saying and laughing "HAHA THESE people will BELIEVE ANYTHING!".

ALSO look at the OTHER DOG, same body type, other then it's face is at a different angle and it look pretty damn happy to see this "DEVIL MONKEY!" animals are very instictive and sensitive to danger if this was something un ordinairy this dog would either have ran with its tail between it's legs or be attacking it, trust me I have dogs and when something un known to them is around they don't act like that, unless this "DEVIL MONKEY!" has some sort of mind control or slipped him a few Valium.

I really kind of almost take offense to this.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by pop_science]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by pop_science]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

HAHA that's great!

My dad called me a "puppy baby monster" when I was little, maybe one day one of them will appear here at ATS!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Way to go for necro-threading something that was pretty much debunked!

[edit on 6/2/2009 by Genus_Unknown]

join