It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SERPO - America's Funniest Home Video ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I searched and did not see this but, is this true ???

Vin Di Bona says he created the whole idea up for a comic novel series.....

This is too crazy, 3 years of discussions and suddenly Hollywood says its their original idea ??????

www.comicspace.com...

The lines between history and conspiracy will blur this August as Devil's Due presents the all new original graphic novel Serpo in collaboration with Invisible Hand Studios (Urban Monsters) and executive producer Vin Di Bona. Combining rumors, purported U.S. government files, and first-hand accounts, Serpo will unveil a shocking story of 12 Americans taken to live on an alien planet.

its says this guy Jason scripted the whole story....

Scripted by critically acclaimed writer Jason Burns (A Dummy's Guide to Danger, The Expendable One) and drawn by artist Joe Eisma (A Dummy's Guide to Danger), Serpo combines the scale and suspense of Close Encounters with the controversy and government suppression of The X-Files.

umm, yeah ok, so 3 years of guerilla marketing to make a comic book ?????

blog.wired.com...

Invisible Hand Readies Alien Conspiracy Comic Serpo
By Hugh Hart EmailJune 26, 2008 | 12:28:43 AMCategories: Comic-Con, Comics, Television

First up is Serpo. According to a recent announcement, the conspiracy-laced comic will be sneak-previewed at Comic-Con International next month before hitting stores nationwide in August.

Di Bona hatched the premise -- an interplanetary exchange program between Americans and aliens goes horribly awry -- then hired Jason Burns and Joe Eisma to flesh out the story into a full-blown graphic novel.

I want to puke..... either its legit and it took them 3 years to write the comic based on our contributions to leading the story or they just made the hijack of the century.

Way to go Hollywood

I just check the "other forum" it looks like this Jason Burns character is off the charts, saying he based the storyline of real events that happened in the 60's and 70's with some fictional elements to make it interesting. And instead of "those people" getting pissed off they have actually welcomed them with open arms and are excited to see the additional facts and tidbits of truths that they will be able to glean from the comic book ?????????

WE are truly doomed if this is the state of intelligence with the human race....

[edit on 27-6-2008 by robertfenix]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It seemed to me that they wrote a comic book BASED ON conspiracy theory, SERPO. M. Night Shamalan (or however you spell it) has made a pretty good career out of doing that.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I thought, sure this has to be, someone read ATS or one of the various other sites and said, hey its all Anon, no one is claiming they contrived it all together. So who is going to say anything if we steal it.... Thus whoever really did create the Serpo story would have to out themselves to lay claim to the idea.

Di Bona hatched the premise -- an interplanetary exchange program between Americans and aliens goes horribly awry -- then hired Jason Burns and Joe Eisma to flesh out the story into a full-blown graphic novel.

Di Bona claims he created the idea right down to the exchange program and I assume this means the Commander and Science officer number scheme... etc etc.

If the real Serpo creators remain Anon, then Di Bona gets to lay claim and reap in all the money for the project.

Or he gets a lawsuit filed against him and the whole Serpo story back truths and all get exposed for what it really is.

new topics

join