It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movement to Rename Sewage Plant After Bush Gains Steam in San Fran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Movement to Rename Sewage Plant After Bush Gains Steam in San Fran

www.foxnews.com

"If the measure passes, it would rename [San Francisco's] Oceanside Treatment Plant as the George W. Bush Sewage Plant... sponsors of the ballot measure say it’s a fitting tribute to a president who made a big mess."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I thought this was hilarious and totally appropriate

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I bet that passes with flying colors!

That is great.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Love it! There could be no more appropriate name for sewage than GW, he is certainly deserving of this 'honor'.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Their logo is particularly hilarious:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Their logo is particularly hilarious:

Oh god..hahahahaha....I literally "ripped a fat tube" when I saw that...in the words of kleverone! LOL.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Have you people no feelings for raw sewage everywhere?!
Raw sewage will hide in caves never to be seen in public again.

CX

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
How appropriate.....a sewage plant is full of......and Bush?.....

First story to put a smile on my face today.

CX.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I find it rather disgustingly disrespectful.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

You aren't the only one. Disagreement is fine, but things like this are pathetic. It simply makes the people in San Francisco that support this appear childish.

It sounds to me as if a few legislators in San Francisco need to grow up.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

It sounds to me as if a few legislators in San Francisco need to grow up.

And "rock" the Curse Of Greyface like all the other [snip]legislators? I think George W. Bush is a beautiful name for a sewage treatment plant -- and, as Mad_Hatter pointed out -- very appropriate.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I agree 100%. Perhaps we should name one wing of the National Musem of Sex to the William Jefferson Clinton Oral Wing. That would be every bit as ridiculous as this. The office of the President demands a certain level of respect. This crosses that line and is a slap in the face to the office itself and every President we've had.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I love it! But to be fair to both of them, it should be named the Bush and Cheney Sewage Treatment Facility. If I lived there, it would give me tremendous satisfaction every single time I flushed.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Its also a slap in the face of civil discourse. I've never understood why people have to engage in these types of childish antics in order to make a point. In reality, it makes them look at least as bad as the one they're targeting, if not worse, and again, aids in lowering the quality of political discussion in this country.

Not that I really expect better, mind you. Its just a sign of the times.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Now, now don't get upset.

Think of the other side of the coin.

A sewage treatment facility that will take something yucky, and clean it up! Symbolic for a new beginning.

How can that be disrespectful?

All this naming stuff after presidents is silly anyway. Whether it's a library, museum or elementary school. Why can they not be more creative when naming a building?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I've never understood why people have to engage in these types of childish antics in order to make a point.

Because they're funny. And at times like this, we need funny.

In reality, it makes them look at least as bad as the one they're targeting, if not worse, and again, aids in lowering the quality of political discussion in this country.

It's not like they bombed the facility with planes, now, is it? And if anyone needs to lighten up it's people who engage in political discussions!

Not that I really expect better, mind you. Its just a sign of the times.

Did you vote for Bush (not that a voting makes a difference)? If you did, you're damn right not to expect any better. A sign of the times indeed.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

I don't agree with it on either side of the political spectrum. Its certainly a matter of opinion whether its funny or not.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I don't agree with it on either side of the political spectrum. Its certainly a matter of opinion whether its funny or not.

I'm not partisan and have absolutely no interest in the "left/right paradigm" either, but I agree with it on either side of the spectrum. I do also have to agree with you that it's a matter of opinion whether this is funny or not. It was a little ignorant of me to word that post the way I did. It was not intentional and I apologise.

What I meant by all this was I think everyone should just lighten up -- especially people in politics. I think it would be beneficial to the world if those people, particularly, made more jokes (at each others expense and at their own expense).

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I agree 100%. Perhaps we should name one wing of the National Musem of Sex to the William Jefferson Clinton Oral Wing. That would be every bit as ridiculous as this. The office of the President demands a certain level of respect. This crosses that line and is a slap in the face to the office itself and every President we've had.

what part of the clinton impeachment did you find respectful? the public reading into the records by the republicans of every DETAIL of clintons affair? or the constant repeating, everyday of what he had done, in the media? you know...the LIBERAL MEDIA!!!? the republican bashing of his daughter? accusing him of murder, drug running, by the right wingers?

you mean that type of respect for the office?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Perfect. And even better if Bush and Cheney are put into sewage treatment themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join