It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Krishna also Christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Something interesting that has come up many times in a passive manner of the months. I decided to bring it out though for interpretation from members.

Was Jesus none other than the one and only Krishna?

reluctant-messenger.com...

The Master seemed delighted as he started instructing Chester. "In the Bhagavad-Gita, we learn that Krishna created everything and sustains all things by his glory. Chapter 9 teaches that the entire material universe is created, prevaded, maintained and sustained by him. In Chapter 10 we learn that he is the source of everthing and that all existence is because of Lord Krishna. '... I am the seed of all creatures; nothing animate or inanimate could exist without me.'
In John 1 of the Christian New Testament we are taught that 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.... And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth .... grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.'

We also learn in the Bhagavad-Gita that total devotion to Krishna will allow man to achieve eternal life and never know death again.

In the New Testament we learn that Christ is the the only way. '...that whosoever believeth in Christ should not perish, but have everlasting life.'

What does your logic tell you about this paradox?" The Master waited.

Chester licked his lips. "Here are two different religions revealing to us the creator of all things who, is also the way to achieve eternal life. Either one is a fraud or both are the same holy manifestation recorded at different times from two different cultural and historical viewpoints. The logic is clear and simple."

The Master announced, "The Krishna of Ancient Hinduism is the Christ of Christianity. Christ comes from the Greek word Christos, and Christos is the Greek version of the word Krishna. When an Indian person calls on Krishna, he often says "Krista." Krishna is a Sanskrit word meaning the object of attraction." So when we address God as "Christ," "Krista," or "Krishna," we indicate the same all-attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead. When Jesus said, "Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name," that name of God was Krista or Krishna. "Christ" is simply another way of saying "Krista," and "Krista" is another way of pronouncing Krishna."

hinduism.about.com...

Despite their differences, Hinduism and Christianity have great similarities. And this is particularly prominent in the case of the life and teachings of the two central figures of these world religions � Christ and Krishna.

Similarities in just the names of 'Christ' and 'Krishna' have enough fuel for the curious mind to prod into the proposition that they were indeed one and the same person. Although there is little historical evidence, it is hard to ignore a host of likenesses between Jesus Christ and Lord Krishna. Analyze this!

� Both are believed to be sons of God, since they were divinely conceived
� The birth of both Jesus of Nazareth and Krishna of Dwarka and their God-designed missions were foretold
� Both were born at unusual places � Christ in a lowly manger and Krishna in a prison cell
� Both were divinely saved from death pronouncements
� Evil forces pursued both Christ and Krishna in vain
� Christ is often depicted as a shepherd; Krishna was a cowherd
� Both appeared at a critical time when their respective countries were in a torpid state
� Both died of wounds caused by sharp weapons � Christ by nails and Krishna by an arrow
� The teachings of both are very similar � both emphasize love and peace
� Krishna was often shown as having a dark blue complexion � a color close to that of Christ Consciousness

Deep

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No. Krishma is not Christ, but a false god. Its mission is to insure you do not accept the true God.

You asked. I answered. No need in long posts over this. If you believe differently, go with what you know. It'll be you that has to answer for your decision in the end.
By the way, where is the conspiracy in this, huh?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

No. Krishma is not Christ, but a false god. Its mission is to insure you do not accept the true God.

You asked. I answered. No need in long posts over this. If you believe differently, go with what you know. It'll be you that has to answer for your decision in the end.

That was Blunt. Atleast your straight forward.
The Conscpiracy is wether or not he is Krisha?
Also how is Krishna a false God?

Deep

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Not much of a conspiracy there. That is a religious preference.

Bluntness and truth is the best way. I don't mean to offend, I'm just getting too old to be dragging things out!

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Interesting post, ZeroDeep.

TC, It is foolish to dismiss something like this based purely on your subjective pre-programed belief.

I always thought that when God sent messengers and prophets he sent them to that one perticular group of people and he did it all over the world. What I mean is, he didn't only speak to Jews, he sent prophets to South America, India, Japan, Africa. That makes a lot more sense. So it is possible that e decided to manifest himself more then once. Krishna is not the only character with similarities to Jesus, there are others like Mithras for example. Son of God is an old story, older then christianity. It is possible that they are all true, that God decided to send his message to every nation, tribe, group. Thats why we have many different religions but with same basic message. They were all adapted to already existing rules of that society, the message stayed the same.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I dont know enough about krishna (and iv probably spelt wrong) but Jesus says that people will come after him saying they are the christ and performing miracles but that they are not him. To say that they are the same person is absurd.

I cant argue that krishna is not born of God. I dont know te message of krishna.

the fact they they teach on the same principal does not mean they are the same person.

I believe Jesus Is God, he fuffils hundreds of prophecys and has changed my life.

if any one has any iformation on krishna they can add to this it would help coz to be honest I dont know much about beliefs of him.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Adrianay]

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Paperclip, it is foolish to try and be so "enlightened" and open-minded that you let trash in your head.

God sent One to die for the sins of all of us. I don't have to understand everything else, all I need know is my Savior. If I know Him, I can certainly tell what is not Him.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I always thought that when God sent messengers and prophets he sent them to that one perticular group of people and he did it all over the world. What I mean is, he didn't only speak to Jews, he sent prophets to South America, India, Japan, Africa. That makes a lot more sense. So it is possible that e decided to manifest himself more then once. Krishna is not the only character with similarities to Jesus, there are others like Mithras for example. Son of God is an old story, older then christianity. It is possible that they are all true, that God decided to send his message to every nation, tribe, group. Thats why we have many different religions but with same basic message. They were all adapted to already existing rules of that society, the message stayed the same.

Sounds Viable. Unless you mean to tell me that the word of Christ reached the car corners of earth through devine methods.

Also note that the " Vedas " were written 4000 years ago.

Deep

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Krishna was around before Jesus. Way before Jesus. How do you explain the similarities? Not only with him but a whole bunch of other prophets

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrianay
I dont know enough about krishna (and iv probably spelt wrong) but Jesus says that people will come after him saying they are the christ and performing miracles but that they are not him. To say that they are the same person is absurd.

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by Adrianay]

Once again krishna came way before christ. *sigh*

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adrianay
I believe Jesus Is God,

Explain these passages then:

"'Why do you call me good?' Jesus answered. 'No one is good except God alone.'" - Mark 10:18

"So Jesus said, 'When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me.'" - John 8:28

"The father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form." - John 5:37

"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord', shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he only he who does the will of My Father in heaven." - Matthew 7:21

"For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me." - John 6:38

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." - Luke 22:42

"About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" - Matthew 27:46

"Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me." - John 8:42

"For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it." - John 12:49

"I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge." - John 8:50

"I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." - John 13:16

"Jesus said to them, 'Only in his hometown and in his own house is a prophet without honor.'" - Matthew 13:57

"Jesus answered, 'My teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me.'" - John 7:16

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." - John 14:28

Do you still want to believe the lie?!?! Here are his own words yet you still believe the lie that the church has perpetuated. Now in mid-evil times they couldn't help it because one the bible was written in Latin, the priest were the only one's who could read it, and most of the population was illiterate. you have no excuse!!! You can read this for yourself. Stop interpreting the word the wrong way and take it for what it says.

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by DaTruth]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
God only sent us one savior. Forget about Zoroaster, who brought the One God to both the Sumerians and Hindus.

Forget about Jesus, bringing the One God to the Arab nations.

And, least we forget, forget about the Mayan savior,*edit name here later*, who also brought teachings of the One God... who, incidently, was also whipped, thorned, hung on cross... who, incidently, came to the Mayan shores bearing holes in his hands and feet.

Forget the fact that they were all of virgin births, the sons of the High God, taught of the One God in lands where there were many, and each had to leave their homelands because of what they were.

Yep... I can see why there was only one savior.

And, Zoroaster was, what, a thousand years before Christ, and the Mayan was... 300 years after Christ.

*EDIT- In Mayan mythology, the High God had 4 children, whom he scattered throughout the world at different times, to spread HIS word*

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by soothsayer]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
From the book " The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You To Read"

Page 185

Comparisons with Krishna and Christ.

Both are held to be really God incarnate
Both were incarnated and born of a woman
The mother in each case was a holy virgin
The father of each was a carpenter
Both were of royal descent
Each had the devine title of "Savior"
Both were "without sin"
Both were crucified between two thieves
Each taught of a great and final day of judgement.

Funny thing is, I've heard X-ians claim that Satan planted false prophets/god ahead of Jesus to persuade people to deny Christ. They don't ever want to think that Jesus is just a re-hash of ancient knowledge for a more modern time. Why deny it? What could it really hurt? Perhaps god had revealed himself in many ways and forms as a guide for diffenent people at different times through history. It doesn't necesarilly mean anyone is wrong. Although I truely feel that the X-ian religion is seriously misguided in its attempt to make each demnomination think they they are the only one who are right. Take a step back and look at it from outside the box. I think that if a god does exist he is wondering how it got so messed up. This was definitely not his intentions.

On page 135 it lists the16 of the world's crucified saviors. Most of them before Christ and bearing details that are just more than a coincidence.

"Knowledge has been passed from one system to another, christianity has been the borrower"

This is a really good book. It was the first I ever read. It started my quest for the TRUTH and opened my brain to think for myself. Has anyone else ever read it?

new topics

top topics

join