It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Movie Where Eddie Murphy is an Alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I saw a preview last night for a new Eddie Murphy movie, and it seemed as if he was some sort of Alien or something from outer space that comes to Earth. It shows his spaceship and it's full of completely normal looking humans.

So I was just wondering if anyone had more info on the plot, and whether or not you think it has to do with conditioning us to accept human-looking Aliens or if it's simply just another script written purely for entertainment.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This must be the movie you're talking about. Eddie Murphy IS the spaceship in this movie.
So, no nothing to do with disclosure...just another comedy.

A synopsis is included if you click on the link.

Meet Dave

[edit on 23-6-2008 by mysterychicken]

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
i want to be first to nip this in the bud.......................

no it isn't a movie trying to disclose aliens lol

it's just a movie..

other than that i know nothing about the movie lol

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I know it's kind of funny, but I dont think it's absolutely ridiculous to think that they might be conditioning us somehow.

Isn't Will Smith also basically an Alien in his new superhero movie Hancock? I could have swore I heard something about him being from another planet.

And indiana jones, lots of alien movies lately.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

It's really a "chicken or egg" situation. Is the popularity of alien themes making people think "disclosure" or is imminent disclosure driving the prevalence of alien themes?
Either is possible

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yeesh, last year we had zombies movies, year before that, we had horror movies. I forgot what it was befor ethat... what was it, sequels? Hancock is sort of a parody of Superman, so he may be an alien, most of the movie seems to be "What if Superman was a klutz, a hobo and... uh... Will Smith." ,
Jeeze. It seems like everytime a movies comes out these days it's "Preparing us for ______!"
It's a movie. Based on whatever. Filled with whatever people wanna watch (they tend to take surveys of buzzwords, think about the movies where the editor or producer is yelling "People don't want blank! They want nouns!")
So, woo,aliens.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I know it's kind of funny, but I dont think it's absolutely ridiculous to think that they might be conditioning us somehow.

Isn't Will Smith also basically an Alien in his new superhero movie Hancock? I could have swore I heard something about him being from another planet.

And indiana jones, lots of alien movies lately.

He say's in the advert "I am the only one of my kind" so i'm guessing he is an alien.

Shouldn't all this be in BTS movies forum???

Hopefully this "Meet Dave" will be funny, bring Eddie Murphy back from the silly kiddy films, BUT why does he put on an accent like Mork from Ork?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
And dont forget the remake of the Day The Earth Stood Still with keanu reeves in December, i took a look at the Eddie murphy film, Not disclosure, but looks funny, gonna watch that with the kids. we can have a tin ht day

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Isn't superman from another planet? I mean they have been trying to disclose Alien beings for years then. Since superman has a protective role, then the aliens must do also.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
H.G. Wells goes back even further. War of the Worlds was published in 1898.
Personally, people like sci-fi. Alien movies are probably as related to disclosure of aliens as much as fantasy movies are related to disclosure about dragons. Not impossible but improbable. I think if alien presence were disclosed the writers and makers of sci-fi films would be as surprised as Joe the mailman.

top topics

join