It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographer Documents Secret Satellites — All 189 of Them...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Photographer Documents Secret Satellites — All 189 of Them...

www.wired.com

BERKELEY, California -- For most people, photographing something that isn't there might be tough. Not so for Trevor Paglen.

His shots of 189 secret spy satellites are the subject of a new exhibit -- despite the fact that, officially speaking, the satellites don't exist. The Other Night Sky, on display at the University of California at Berkeley Art Museum through September 14, is only a small selection from the 1,500 astrophotographs Paglen has taken thus far.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

While the budget for black military operations has more than doubled in the last 10 years and the government continues to espouse the virtues of secrecy, it can't prevent interested amateur astronomers from calculating the orbital paths of spy satellites.

I think it's hilarious that the government can't keep its spy satellites hidden from plain sight....satellites that don't exist.

And it gets better...this dude is awesome...

Satellites are just the latest in Paglen's photography of supposedly nonexistent subjects. To date, he's snapped haunting images of various military sites in the Nevada deserts, "torture taxis" (private planes that whisk people off to secret prisons without judicial oversight) and uniform patches from various top-secret military programs.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
For those interested in his top secret photography, here is his website:

www.paglen.com...

I'd highly suggest giving it a look. Some really amazing stuff.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
prett cool. Thank you.
But I do think the tone of the artist is abit melodramatic. sensational.
There are and have been tons of military operations/facilities that aren't on the evening news. Even stateside open US bases have weird locales that are restricted. For an operation on any scale you have to have dozens/thousands of checkpoints, bases and outposts. War isn't entertainment or pretty.
Handling enemy combatants is dangerous and scary. One needs to break the enemy's morale. What better way than to shuffle them through a myriad of creepy checkpoints.
With a so much disinformation, curiousity and covert ops one should expect weirdness everywhere. And it's there if you tak the time to look. But identifying the exact nature/purpose is another thing.
I love the "NOYFB" insignia.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
killer find bro .
i live in ca and i am seriously thinking of going up there to check this stuff out if i can find the time .
starred and flagged for sure . and thanks again for the good stuff bro .

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is powerful stuff and really is hard work to boot, but necessary. The future wars will use space assets and the Chinese are not shy about making it a goal of their new space program. I have access to hours of night video from NASA and I see these too, but have no idea what is what. This person has gone to the next step, using art to do the work ignored by scientists and journalists.Thanks for the heads up and the links.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I would also like to point out here that, although I don't really buy into all the details of it, given this light of information, things like "Project Blue Beam" don't sound like as far of a stretch....what with the tons of spy satellites orbiting...who needs 200 spy satellites anyways?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Existing thread

Please continue the discussion in the first thread.
Thank you.
Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join