It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Treasure hunt, Anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Now I know I can be odd in my own little ways, but I heard something today that stunned even me.

The niece of my boyfriend takes seniors from the local Baptist church on outings. She gets this brilliant idea to have a picnic for them in the yard next to us owned by my boyfriend's son because it is quite beautiful with shady old oaks, and is a blue ribbon winner of the garden club for the Parish. Also to be on display are the gorgeous paintings that he has won blue ribbons for at the Parish fair.

There was quite a turn out with about 30 or so seniors with grandchildren in tow. I grab my 4lb. long-haired Chihuahua, and my warm banana blueberry bread and head on over.

Little Tina the Chihuahua, was the sensation of the affair, being passed from person to person for some cuddles.

She finally landed into the hands of a sweet elderly lady who happened to be sitting at a bench that would accommodate both of us around a table where quite a few were gathered.

She proceeds to talk about her beloved poodle that passed away last year, and how much she missed her. She then went into great detail about how she buried the dog when it passed away. This is what she told all of us.

"I got a new coleman cooler large enough to fit her. I then padded the sides with batting using a glue gun. Then I installed a satin lining, and made a satin pillow for her head. I then bathed her and brushed her so she would look pretty. I took a blue velvet ribbon and tied it around her neck with a two-carat diamond ring, and then buried her in my yard."

Say what?

About a half a dozen or so people had soda come flying out of their mouths and noses on that comment!

She went on to explain that she had no daughters to leave the ring to, so she thought it was fitting to bury it with her dog!

Do you think this lady will notice when people start digging up her yard?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Interesting way to get your garden spaded up if she can guide the diggers to where she wants the garden....

new topics

join