It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbed! Worship vs. Work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Today's atheism extols the virtues of disengaging from the concepts and rituals of religion. The reasons given are as plentiful as there are human foibles, most of which outline the human condition. But the ultimate issue, at the heart of the debate, is "worship." This term has been intentionally misinterpreted, misconstrued and incorrectly applied. It is in fact the simple act of "work."

When you work, you are obeying the laws of your employer. Your employer is whoever requests goods and/or services from you. Even if you're self-employed, your work serves a common good or evil, and your employers are those who do business with you and the government that defines how you may go about working in that capacity.

Regardless of how it is portrayed, you take part in some form of worship, which is called "work", ultimately serving some higher purpose than you can serve on your own.

So when someone tells you that worship is bad but work is good, they are missing the entire point. They have swallowed the lie that they are somehow free from the slavery of religion or the gods.

Civilization of any kind is work and therefore worship. It is religion. It is servitude. To take part in a civilization, to add to the common good or evil, to function within its constructs, to adhere or not adhere to its laws, is to be an indentured servant of some power. This is the simple and frank truth of the entire history of homo sapiens on this planet.

You have to think past how you've been programmed to view certain buzz words. Words are weapons. They are carefully groomed to inspire certain emotional and psychological ideas in your mind. This is deliberate. When you work/worship the society and civilization in which you live, you are ultimately serving a master who you may not even be aware exists.

In fact, I'm going to suggest to you, that even if you do not believe in the existence of a supernatural or even hypernatural (power through extremely advanced technology) realm, that you are still serving one or many of its members in some capacity.

I view atheism as a lack of revelation, as servitude without representation, justification or even clarification, and it's highway robbery of the highest order. I'd even go as far as pointing out that this may be the reason why our governments have not been forthcoming on the issue of UFOs and extra-terrestrials. If we knew we were ultimately serving these other beings and that there was such a huge disparity between them and us, as regards quality of life, there would be mayhem and the backlash would bring down the governments of this planet.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
going to work is DEFINITELY NOT a form a worship..

yes it contributes to the bigger picture but the big picture has been
tainted to begin with.....

great...now we worship a lie and like it.....no....LOVE IT

yes we do serve the higher order..but not by REASONABLE CHOICE......
but out of necessity....

highway robbery of the highest order...??????

you must be talking about organized religion.

christian.judaism,islam,jehova ect,,ect.....

now thats highway robbery of the MOST HIGHEST ORDER....

ALL the BIBLES are false...lies mixed with common sense truths..
manipulated to control and separate us....pit us against each other.

if it wasn`t for dogmatic religion, well, then we would have nothing
left to fight about... what a shame that would be huh?(sarcasm)

ya ...atheist , what did you say? "lack of revelation, as servitude without representation, justification or even clarification,".

wow...

I am what I guess you would call an atheist .... kinda
BUT
I believe in God...

I believe I am God............

I believe you are God.........

i believe that we are God.....

I believe that the whole known universe is God....

I worship NO MAN OR GOD..
my path with God is direct with no dogmatic roadblocks.

so..Am I an "ATHEIST"????..........not sure....

I don`t believe in 90% of the BS that is in all the holy books...nope..
but I believe that in that 90% of bull there is a lot of hidden truths.
keyword being........ "HIDDEN".............................CRYPTIC .

these "religious teachings" are so dangerous... beyond anything
I have come to realize....

and I come from a full family line of Christians........I am Baptized....

I am ashamed to have my loved(and so many others in the world) ones sucked into this control grid of hate....

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
this planet is owned by a being who has been called many things down through the history of civilization. if you do anything to contribute to the smooth functioning of the civilizations on it, you are contributing to his power base. it's all connected. think bigger. think solar systems, galaxies, and universes. it's governed and owned. and this planet is no different.

[edit on 17-6-2008 by undo]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
" All the bibles are false.. Lies mixed with common sense truth "

Yea, wheres your proof at? This is the damn arrogance I am talking about.. I can say you are a liar too... what makes me wrong? you have no clue how scripture was inspired but at death God will show you how it was...

" manipulated to control and pit us against each other "

BS.... God said and I qoute...

" LOVE THEY ENEMIES AS THY SELF AND PRAY FOR THEM "

" LOVE gOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART "

what about the eight beautitudes?

" If it wasn't for dogmatic religion we would have nothing to fight about "

You have to be kidding me... Communism has caused many wars and it will cause the last one... WW3.... mary said Russia would spread her errors throughout the world and cause WW3...

people will always fight, religion or no religion.. if every soul listened to christ true teachings... there would be no violence ever... I mean ever...

for example.. i was violent before I knew Jesus... He changed my life completely by giving me a real heart... but the key is to actually listen to what he said...

as for the original soul.... poster...

Undo... working is something that is a must, therefore where it seems that it's a form of worship, it isn't all the time..... if your place is dirty... you either rot in filth or clean it...

it is a form of dilligence though... If you get payed for your work then that is a must that you work or esle you are not feeding your family....

But helping others with no reward... out of free will and Gods grace.... that is a sign of worship....

peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
2 weeks ago I'm agnostic.(true agnostic too,cos I've "been shown" the light) Now I believe in a god. Not a god as in the physical "dude on a cloud with thunderbolts" like in most organised religion. But as maya said an "in us all and in everything" energy-esque god. Who doesn't need worship,who won't smite you if you eat fish on a certain day or put your winky in another mans foofoo if you're that way inclined .Those are the laws made up by man to keep people scared and under control. Religion should not be controlled in anyway. It is something that is deeply personal and meaningful to each individual that subscribes to a certain belief. No work can replace that!!

i kind of see what you're getting at though,we get up every day religiously and go to work,clock in and sit at our desks in a trance like meditation as the day rolls on by. But that's not worship,it;s a pain in the ass.
Your worship should be personal to you,no-one can take that from you,ever. they'd have to reach inside your very soul to get that one.

i can't comment on the bible being lies mixed with common sense,as I've never read it. And I don't intend on doing so. It's been misstranslated so many times that it's lost it's origional meaning anyway,mixed in with laws of the time which just don't apply today,some of it has lost it's relevance. (from what I have read,ie,not a bleedin lot
)

Anyway,I've kind of lost trrack of where I was going
so I'm just going to go sit in the corner over here................

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

would it be okay with you if i cleared up a few of your misconceptions about christianity? if not don't read the next part.

next part
jesus did not tell people to eat fish on friday. that's definitely a man made thing, i think it was a pope who said it, yes? pope does not equal jesus. pope equals guy with a big chair and alot of clout. his forerunners inherited their power from the pagan roman empire, which inherited their power from the grecian empire, which inherited their power from the media-persian empire, which inherited their power from the babylonian empire. that's what you call OLD MONEY!

as far as the laws regarding homosexuality. alot of that was based on sanitary practices. it was the same way as regards a woman who is menustrating. eating certain types of food. and they also had laws against bestality for the same reasons. they were pretty progressive for their time, considering much of what was considered dangerous to your health turned out to be dangerous to your health. they had some weird laws too, that's where i think they just went with whatever moses said, whether it was inspired at the time or not. and over the years, more was added. jesus kinda points that out when he mentions that moses' laws regarding divorce were weak, man-made examples.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Kind of backs up what I said (the first part of your post ) That some of the laws that people hold dear,and of the word of god,are infact man spoken words/laws.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
this is why i try to just stick with it as a historical text, and only follow what jesus said. his teachings are amazing, really.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

your quote:when you work you are obeying your employer ?
i tried but;
it gets a little more complicated than this----my last supervisor did not obey most of the rules laid down for him and all the rest of us stuck under his command.
this guy is what you would call a power freak.if you tried to be efficient he would dream up his own rules to slow you down------for the lazy bums he would get on their cases with sadistic glee trying to make them work.

my work to me was not my religion-----just a source of financial income and my hobby as long as i was left alone to work ethically.

i always thought i would work till i dropped dead but 10 years of this valium pill poping nut that his superiors knew was a problem but refused to jeopardise their careers/promotions to get rid of him was all i could take so i resigned working for the federal government so i could have some peace.

i receive a pension that is equal to the take home pay after all the former deductions that are no longer taken out---- and now time flys where as before in those 10 years---- time just stood still-----boring.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
People like to take the 10 commandments apart and say the first part is about our duty to God and the second half is about our duty to our fellow man.
Most of the "God" part has to do with what we should NOT do, concerning other gods.
The main commandment that tells us to actually do something, tells us to remember.
It gives us a day of rest, as our way of commemorating the creation, where we are to refrain from working.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Undo you cannot be more false about the Pope...

The pope got his throne from jesus himself... The church had to spread throughout the world before it reached rome, it took 300 years but they fianlly converted rome and it became the state relgiion...

God created a church, an orginization.... the sacrafice is predicted in the OT the NT and the church is predicted in the OT as well.... It has produced thousands of saints who worked miracles like st gemma in my sig... not including 100s of Eucharistc miracles...

it was the only church before 1500.....

God will rebuild this church, remove the hypocrites in it and you Undo will either see it or not in the future.... God will leave those left on earth whom he will after the 3 days of darkness.

as for fish on friday....

It's a penance for Lent... not the whole year... give up meat for penance...

God also told the hiearchy...

" whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven and bind on earth is bound in heaven "

It is the bride of Christ..

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

The throne of Peter.
That is what the Pope claims he sits on.
When did Jesus have a throne?
Just wondering.
It seems to me that the concept is a little overblown.
Holy Father is one of the Pope's titles.
Seems I recall Jesus said to not let anyone call you Father because we have one father, who is in heaven.
The Pope desires to create Unity among all Christians, with the Church.
Many people are throwing themselves in to become under the dominion of the Church and its Pope.
I am of the opposite opinion and feel that joining with an establishment like that would be throwing away my liberty.
How is becoming a slave to the Papacy living the freedom that we have been given by Christ.
I am sure there are plenty of saints in the Catholic Church, but I think there were plenty that were killed by the Church.
I do not mean to say that the Catholics are the only ones guilty, but they seem to be what all the churches are gravitating to.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

you're the church building. you're the temple. god's throne is in you, not a building. you don't need a religion to know christ. you don't need a book to know christ (those things help if they teach about christ but believe it or not, he doesn't need those things to talk to you ...you know this, i guess it's just too obvious)

[edit on 18-6-2008 by undo]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

We need to make use of the Bible from time to time.
The church needed it and that was why it was written.
As soon as the church came into being, it was assailed from all directions.
Forces were at work to tear it down.
Most of it has to do with human nature and some of it can be put to the account of Satan.
People are pathetic and weak and they had to be preached to in order for them to not totally loose their way.
Not everything would be perfectly applicable to our situation today, but the spirit of the thing should prove useful as lessons on how not to act.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

yeah i make use of it alot. but my mainline is the holy spirit. all that other stuff is helpful but they are only tools. the real deal is inside the christian, not outside the christian.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The bible can be a fantastic place to get moral stories from. As it's full of stories with morals in
. But i think alot of what was written back then,doesn't really apply to theway of life we have now. So,basicly,if you strip most of the stories down to get to the morals,there would be a better understanding of what is actually trying to be said. As misstranslation throughout the ages have mudied what was actually said.

But this is just my pov. I've not read the scriptures (as I've previously said)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

oh you gotta give it a whirl. start with ezekiel. now there's a flipped out
book! it has more futuristic stuff in it per square inch than modern day science books.

next is daniel. daniel is required required reading, in preparation for revelation. once you read daniel and have some idea what he's saying, the book of revelation (last book in bible) will suddenly make ALOT of sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
oooooh i dunno. It's a scary thought for me is that. Reading the bible. I'vebeen brought up as an anthiest/agnostic. I've taken some huge steps in the last 2weeks to challenge my beliefs and change them a bit to accept that there could well be a devine power. I'm going to stick with the meditation books for now,as i've about 6 queued up to read. maybe after then,I'll be ready for bible scripture. I'm not now,that's one thing I'm sure of.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   

yeah and i just pointed you to the most extreme texts in the bible -- et.al, the prophetical texts of the old and new testament. some think the guys at the top are using it as a template for their world changing decisions. in other words, some of them actually WANT to be the "Anti-christ." Some actually WANT to be the head of the final empire that destroys the entire planet, kills pretty much everyone and devastates it so horribly that no one can live on it till it's "refurbished" by the Almighty. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? What are they thinking ? They've become so drunk with power they can't even conceive what the texts are clearly telling them will happen to them when it's finished.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by undo]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I agree with the OP undo. Starred and flagged.
Let's deny some ignorance.

There are many forms of worship. Most people only consider the coroporate worship that occurs in churches like singing etc. but that is a high ignorance off what worship really fully means. It is really about living your life to please God. Gods gift to you is your life - your act of worship is what you do with what he gave you. Romans 12:1-2 tells us the steps of how to know God's will for your life:

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join