It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people actually believe in 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
So recently I was talking to a psychology professor at Central Washington about the 2012 prophecy, I mentioned ATS which he had never heard of, however, he was familiar with 2012. Incredibly he wasn't a total non-believer, but was somewhat convinced that this would just be "another end of the world" episode for people to basically worry about until it passed. Another noted fact was that more than 80% of high school students in America have no idea this possibility even exists. If it were such a major possibility, why aren't more of us informed of it? There is a documentary on youtube making mention of a Masonic connection, basically indicating that the freemasons have been aware of this prophecy and preparing for it for centuries. Could that be why it's so hush hush publicly? Just wondering what the general thoughts are out there.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is definitely not the first time that this has been predicted, i would say at least 1-200 times previously....this is a link to a site that lists every supposed date that the world would end....Prophisized by many countries and religions.

www.abhota.info...

So, i'm pretty confident the world wont end, but the stars/planets could be interesting?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I believe in it! It comes right after 2011!

ok, enough with the sarcasm. Certainly, from an astronomical point of view, it should be interesting. The earth only passes through the galactic equator once every 30 million years.

The doom and gloom thing is when all the hype comes into play when you cross religious extremism and the Mayan and other ancient prophecy. And from what I understand the general population do not fully understand the true nature and translation of the prophecy.

I believe there will be some sort of pole shift as there has been many over the years. My info and logical view of it comes from multiple scientific sources. These are the people I would recommend listening to.

Of course, they could be wrong and we could all end up blowing each other up by then too...

Good luck

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
sometimes i hope and pray these 20 12 posts would go away

but alas to no avail there are still here

new topics

top topics

join