It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael J. Fox.. is this a secret sign?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is a newer pic when hes had his disorder for awhile.It could just be the way he has to hold his hand from shaking.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The next Dan Brown bestseller...

The Finger Code...

Much like the dictatorial digit shenanigans here, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but none of them are secret... Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes your hand is just an awkward feature.

Sign Monkeys, not just forgiving one anymore...

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
true true to all the latest posts. i don't and can't disagree w/ one of them. i will certainly take the advice of the person who said "why not just ask them". good point and seems to be an obvious good answer. will do so.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The only hand sign remotely similar is the Vulcan hand sign, and for all you guys laughing read this interview with Nemoy it explains where it comes from:
www.pbs.org...

LAWTON: The gesture came to him, Nimoy says, from his childhood memories of the priestly blessing said at Orthodox Jewish services he attended with his family.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to people making hand gestures on pictures, you can never use it as proof and most people doing them don't realize their true meaning anyway.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by raknjak]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by raknjak

Indeed.

After leaving Rainbow, [Ronnie James] Dio joined Black Sabbath in 1979, replacing Ozzy Osbourne. Dio gave a new jumpstart to Black Sabbath's commercially sagging career with the hugely popular Heaven and Hell album. It was during his time with Black Sabbath that he popularized the "devil's horns" gesture. Dio says that his grandmother used to make the hand gesture to ward off the evil eye, which is very common among superstitious Southern Italians. The "horns," or "Corna," themselves are used to both scare away and give someone the "Malocchio" (the Evil Eye).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by raknjak

www.youtube.com...
gugeo.blogspot.com...
dir.salon.com...

[...] Nimoy is making the signal not as a reference to "Star Trek" but as an example of Jewish sign language. In fact, Nimoy's naked women are a representation of a single Jewish archetype -- the Shekhina, the feminine presence of God. According to the doctrine of Jewish mysticism, the Kabbalah, evil came into the world after God was separated from the Shekhina.

How does mainstream Judaism treat the Kabbalah?

It ranges from intense interest to indifference. You don't have to have Kabbalah in your life to be Jewish. You don't have to be Jewish to be interested in Kabbalah. I'd been curious about it for many years.

Can you explain the Shekhina?

Kabbalahists [sic] developed the idea that Shekhina is the Sabbath bride of God. And she and God meet and mate every Friday night. Other people have different visions of the Shekhina. There's the theory that Shekhina and Moses lived together as husband and wife. When Moses died, the Shekhina carried him on her wings to his burial place. I just find it fascinating. I've always been interested in magic. I've always been interested in the paranormal. Mysteries intrigue me and there is a great deal of mystery involved here. A great deal of spirituality too.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It just so happens I just finished a vid about this topic (hand signs). In this case it's about the "M" sign. As you can see, it has been used for hundreds of years.

M for Mason

I am sorry but I couldn't find a way to embed the video. Maybe someone can tell me.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

A kohen (or cohen, Hebrew כּהן, "priest", pl. כּהנִים, kohanim or cohanim) has a special status in Judaism. A kohen is a direct male descendant of the Biblical Aaron, brother of Moses. Another term for the descendants of Aaron are the Aaronites or Aaronids.

Link

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
im left handed.

and,

i naturally put my hand up to my chest when snapping an extra snazzy photograph when im looking super sharp like MJF looks in this pic. if hes left handed its totaly normal. if hes right handed the photo was REVERSED.. DERRRR.. hehe

i have great respect for him, my grandmother had parkinsons like he does, ontop of both forms of arthritis... and was all crippled and hunched over like the hunchback, and shed shake from the parkinsons .. god bless her soul, she was so sweet. i know exactly why my dead grandfather, god bless his soul, married her.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
It just so happens I just finished a vid about this topic (hand signs). In this case it's about the "M" sign. As you can see, it has been used for hundreds of years.

M for Mason

I am sorry but I couldn't find a way to embed the video. Maybe someone can tell me.

Maybe I should add that I don't think "Fox" is flashing a sign here. If anything, I find that he is rewarded in a #ty way for all the things he did.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
hey..... thanks to everyone who took the time to read and reply. as i think i have stated before, i am not anti michael j. fox and doubt (although these days everything is conspiracy worthy it seems *eye roll*) he is part of some evil hierarchy.

although, i must state for the record that i do not worship the guy or anyone else for that matter. i certainly have a higher respect though for those who are suffering the same disease, yet they do it w/out all the amenities that are afforded him bc of his status in society (not to say that he doesn't use his status in a "good" manner; and in a way, thank the gods someone of his status DOES have the disease bc ya can't really doubt it wouldn't be getting the attention if he didn't have it).

anyway, i was just curious if that WAS considered a hand signal of some sort whether that was his intention or not.

i probably did notice it somewhere in the back of my brain...... left over remnents from the days i used to watch star trek (although, i am not, nor ever was a "trekkie" the way it is classified these days).

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Live long and prosper

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhain

Michael J. Fox has a debilitating disease that causes him to shake uncontrollably
Source

In his early years dealing with the disease he probably put his hand against his chest to stop it from shaking.

I don't think you will find any conspiracy here.

[Edit to move source]

[edit on 16/6/08 by Rhain]

Wouldn't one conceal a shaking hand or arm by placing the limb on a lap rather than struggle to hold it against the chest?

Masons normally slip the fingers of right hand into their jackets or blazers between the buttons at the top, a bit like a hidden pledge allegiance salute.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
that is the sign of the vulcan race in a stv show that aired in america known as Star trek. It was really old from back when people used those electron tube or something. Anyway if you type this into Youtube THe vulcans would often besmirch each other with the phrase "live long and prosper". My teacher told me about this show and how its political ideology revolved around communism and the principal of shared wealth. Best to avoid followers of this tenet as they harbor a deep seated hatred for the America that we have all come to know and love. Star trek flew in the face of all known logic that supports our underlying structure as a capitalistic society by seeking to raise the populations awareness of the spread of the red menace via those televisions I mentioned previously. Today though people are far more savvy and its thanks to the patriots who blaze the way to freedom with their enduring principals that as a people we shall never be defeated by this anti american sentiment. To this day brainwashed masses still gather to pay tribute to the wreckless soothsayers aat conventions worldwide in the vein hope of overthrowing our society and toplling it to meet their own savage needs.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
to my knowledge that could be a masonic related sign but MJF is not a member of any masonic or masonic related appendant bodies

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
...anyway, i was just curious if that WAS considered a hand signal of some sort whether that was his intention or not. ...

It could have been intentional, or it could just be the way he placed his hand. Before reading Tex Marrs "Codex Magica", I would have said, "no, it's not a hand sign". The sign where the middle finger and the ring finger are split (the "vulcan hand sign" as trekkers know it), is an ancient Kabbalistic hand sign.

The only way to know for sure is to find other pictures of MJF, and if they do NOT have that hand sign, or other hand signs, then you can be sure it was just a coincidence. However, if you see him making other hand signs, you can be sure that it is NOT coincidence.

You'll need more pictures to judge.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

You'd also have to check to see if he doesn't just hold his hand that way, or if the photographer asked him to place his hand that way, or any number of things, before deciding it's a signal of some kind.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Yah.. That would be vulcan (from Star Trek).. means live long, and prosper.
Its true...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join