It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden link at bottom of page. whatistheconspiracy.com

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Realms

Nah... the games don't usually involve looking at page source. It's usually clues out in the open around the site or in a thread.

It's not really clear whether this is a game at this point, or anything at all. So far, it's just some of the mods messing with us with silly signs

Still no explanation for the mysterious link, though.

I feel like a gold fish and they're tapping on the the glass outside of the bowl

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Do you reveal and insights with other members or do you keep them to yourself.
For example if this WAS a clue and somehow the hex value brought me to another clue, do I tell others or keep quiet?

JSR

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

depends.....some clues have prizes. and if the answer had a prize, people usually keep it to themselves, untill the prize has been confirmed. then they let it out.

but good game play is done in the open. there more heads looking the better. some clues are hard to find. and its fun to be a part of a group think sorta situation.

hey S.O......if this isn't a game......we need one

still no reply from S.O. about the U2U i sent. ( yes im taunting....i know he is a busy man )

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Everyone works together to share ideas and research... unless the game is at the stage where there is a sumo lounge at stake

I'd suggest you browse through some of the old game threads if you are interested.

Here are the three most recent:

All the UFO answers

The final answer to everything

All the conspiracies

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JSR

hey S.O......if this isn't a game......we need one

still no reply from S.O. about the U2U i sent. ( yes im taunting....i know he is a busy man )

Oh yeah... just FYI, I U2U'd S.O. as well. Still hoping to hear something back. I'll keep y'all posted if I do

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

I'm curious, how did you find the link in the first place? I'm going to have to start clicking on everythign now

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Not another intelligence Game...i refuse to ride the goat and here is my Abiff letter to excuse me from class

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That's mental..

Those who are worthy will understand the grand confusion of our time

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
it just got moved to games, so I guess the hunt it on!

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
AHHHH!!!!!!!!!
I think I found the second clue!!!!!

Is this what it feels like to play one of these games??

1) I typed:
Those who are worthy will understand the grand confusion of our time

into google and found a link to this thread describing "ghost” ATS members (the join date of the "ghost" member in question was in 1969)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
it mentions the whatistheconspiracy.com site and mentions that phrase.

2) I notice when I go to the members page there are some weird user names on the default page - their names are 1 & 4 and their title says the4. I clicked their profile and
saw their weird posts and figured it had to do with a game (Rings???).

I started typing in other numbers and 3 & 2 seems to be related to the Rings thing.

3) I then thought what if the phrase "Wait for the sign" isn't referring to a "sign" per se, but to a user name? Like saying "Wait for (username)"?

I typed in The Sign into the member name search and found only one user : The Sign of the Oracle. This didn't really look right to me.

4) So, decided to manually type in "the sign". If you type it in as one word
w w w.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/thesign

or with a space (%20=space in HTML)

w w w.abovetopsecret.com/forum/mem/the%20sign
[spaced out the w's so you could see the link's address]

It takes you to a user that registered in 1969 (like the "ghost" user in the thread I mentioned) and hasn't visited since 1969 and has no posts yet.

I say we watch for THE SIGN to post something

Thanks to Kellter for postign the first clue!! Without him, I wouldn't have thought of this or even noticed those parentheses were links.

If this isn't a clue, it's a few good board related questions.
Why is there a user that does not come up in a search, but IS there if you type in the user name?

Why is this user's info claiming he registered in 1969?

Originally posted by Gemwolf
There seems to be a few of these guys:
Robert Palmer?
ThisIsTheSignYouWereWaitingFor
PerhapsThisIsTheSign?

What could it mean?

Please repost your post in the existing thread to keep all the information, clues and guesses in one place.

Thanks.

Gemwolf posted this in response to my thread, so I reposted the info here. And his links may be more clues.

[edit on 7/29/2008 by Dark Realms]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
oops, did I move this to games? I meant to move it to general conspiracy.

no, chit chat.

no, wait, sports

why am I being so cryptic?

it's a game and games is where it belongs.

qo&gfo

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Funny and interesting at the same time.

You said, Dark Realms, that the user THE SIGN OF THE ORACLE had no posts yet.
When I acessed his profile, it said he has ONE post. And only one. -Dating back to 18-12-2005 @ 23:21.

Funny thing though, if this user has nothing to do with the "game", how he only has one post. And it is very Cryptic, claiming "that the oracle may be in trouble for posting this"

I`m giving the thumbs up, for I think these hints may have something to them.

Only what..

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I don't know if im getting off the beaten track here, this is my first game, if that is what it is.

Please feel free to tell me im a loony going in the wrong direction.

After seeing the december 1969 registered member I googled the date and came up with a forum discussing a problem with dates on computers by Scott Williams.

I googled Scott Williams and found his WebPage Scott Williams

After this we can see that he gained a Ph.D. in Mathematics from Lehigh University in 1969. His Thesis was in General Topology. His work in the paper The G-delta -topology on compact spaces, Fundamenta Mathematicae 83 (1974), 143-149 first established him as one of the rising stars in General Topology.
After this we get a link to his homepage which is Here

This home page is full of symbology and also what seems to be a Medieval (or earlier picture). I have not researched any further so I do not know if I am well off track.

Please take a look and see what you think.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Does anyone know what Stephen )crackuer( meant at the bottom of his post with qo&gfo?????

Only thing I got lead me to here, which is also related to Maths. Analysis of censored data

I know that im probably running in circles, but thats how you find the end or truth. (and its bloody fun)!!!

Again Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Aww. His homepage made my eyes sick.

Havent seen many like this one, since mid-90`s.

But as a mathematical professor, ìt is very likely, because of that, that numerology/cryptology is of interest. He wouldn`t be the first mathlete in that case.

Not sure what Mr. Scott Williams significance in this case is, as the 1969 thing has been explained as a Linux/Unix thing, in another thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
After my most recent response to a post on one of my threads, a link appeared during the transition screen - I clicked on it and it took me to a black page with white symbols. I tried doing a manual decipher of the symbols, thinking they were possibly text formatted a bit differently - but apparently they are changed text, but the text itself is also a cypher.

i338.photobucket.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

LestatG,
since this is your first game, and since you don't want to waste precious time checking out the old games (although they are absolutely worth it when you have spare time), I'll pass along some tips from someone who was very active in the last 3 games.

Be wary of Red Herrings, false clues, lies and subterfuge.

The staff are not here to help. The only help you should put any stock into would be from Hunt. (S)he'll appear from time to time when y'all are stuck, (s)he might appear in chat to offer up some tips or advice as well but, again, never trust anyone or anything 100%.

I'm jealous that I can't play along. The games were a blast. I had some fun, butted heads with owners (yes, SO, you screwed up the Lipstick Building clue and answer) and found myself having a hell of a lot of fun along with the hair loss and nail biting frustration.

So, enjoy the game, try not to overlook &^43DKJ anything and don't believe everything ks@*&s you read.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It kinda reminds me of the Zodiac cipher... Only in Greek? Or maybe it's from a fraternity of some sort?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Now its showing up at the bottom of the main screen -may just be a red herring as crackeur warns us about - but it might be worth looking into.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well this is my first game also. Just stumbled into this thread, and i want to see where this is going

Also; if were supposed to "translate" the symbols on the "whatistheconspiracy.com"-site, let me be the first to state that the "[" most likely is a period. Period

Seems it appears at the end of a longer string of symbols, probably/possibly to end a sentence.

But i dont get any smarter. Probably gonna google what Crakeur just wrote to see if it helps any

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join