It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al qaida declares cyber Jihad on the west

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Al qaida declares cyber Jihad on the west

www.debka.com

In a special Internet announcement in Arabic, picked up DEBKAfile’s counter-terror sources, Osama bin Laden’s followers announced Monday, Oct. 29, the launching of Electronic Jihad. On Sunday, Nov. 11, al Qaeda’s electronic experts will start attacking Western, Jewish, Israeli, Muslim apostate and Shiite Web sites. On Day One, they will test their skills against 15 targeted sites expand the operation from day to day thereafter until hundreds of thousands of Islamist hackers are in action against untold numbers of anti-Muslim sites.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
For anyone new to ATS.Now ask yourself why the surge in anti-govt and anti-western comments across various sites ?Time to close ranks and help protect our troops abroad if you have the skills.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Pure unaldulterated BS.

This is going to become the reason that the 'powers that be' force us to shut down the net.

Terrorism don't you know ? your saftey don't you know ? don't wan't another attack do you ? nasty muslims usinmg the net to 'terrorise you' don't you know ? .... thats all they blooming well use... coming from debka as well... sorry matey don't buy it.

This terrorism larks getting bloody boring.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Smells like a ploy to increase the division of people who only interact through a non social cue medium. We are already prone to over reacting at those of other beliefs, as evidenced by various controversial topics (Creationism for one, Race in Politics currently for two).

Now we are going to start assuming that some of these people are Al-Quaeda?

We on ATS still haven't gotten past the Disinfo accusations...we don't need anymore.

Also, this gives people a reason to side more with the main stream Western sites as the implicit communication is that these sites have value that 'must' be destroyed....authority by association.

This is lame. The real 'enemies' are NLP Practioners, Behaviour Modifiers, and Credit Card companies...oh my...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What is debka.com. Is this a legitimate information source?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I guess this didn't work:

So, we have to say Al Qaida with it now.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I hate to say it, but I would venture the possibility that the very picture of the guy in your Article probably closely resembles that of the people who actually read that magazine...

Great Point though...A star..

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Weeeeell if this is real, I am quaking in my booties. You are going to what, cause the BBC website to go down until they reboot the server or copy across the backup? Ooooo that will win you seventy two grapes! Well done!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Uh...

So they'll be using computers to attack western sites using PCs with processors designed and manufactured in Israel and software developed in the United States?

"Oh the irony!"

As long as sites are secure enough, I don't think this will that big of a threat, or even a threat at all.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Maybe there will be a cyber war Al queada vs Anon, anon would win obviously, they do it for the lulz.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Justice11

ok...when I stop laughing, I`ll comment....
............... ................
.............................. ...........
ok....

let me get this straight... al Qaida has SUPER-HACKERS
Who will blow us up while on our computers......
more laughing.............. .......................
;................ .........................

ok.....................BS

and I also heard that Al Qaida is going to inject their blood with
NANO-NUKES and then slip the blood into the wests blood supply
and cause nano-explosions when anyone gets a transfusion.

and they also have trained kittens that will
bite western children and infect them with the nano-nukes too...
its just all so horrible......

please protect us oh great leaders.....

[edit on 13-6-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Everyone knows you can flash override a bios from within the operating system so that the CPU is "overclocked" and it explodes...
duh!

That's no fun!

It's much more fun making a CRT screen explode with glass shrapnel!

Suck on that Al_Q!

--disclaimer--

Knowledge doesn't make someone guilty.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Google Video Link

It will only make you flinch.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Guess this little El - CIA -Duh out to get you via the web jut failed badly here on ATS...

What a crock of rubbish.

Debka is an Israeli 'source' of all things'oh no terrorists are every where'...

Debka =

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Google Video Link

It will only make you flinch.

And piss me off that I have to buy a new computer on which to criticise Muslim extremists.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How much you wanna bet this little piece will be cited by Homeland Security as part of their case to justify 'anti-terror' initiatives on the net, creating all sorts of new 'contracts' by business who will claim to 'protect' us from the terrorist IT extremists?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The bogeyman comes forth again - this time to infiltrate our sites and systems and turn us all into "terrorists"

The reality is that the PTB consider anyone who doesn't agree with them to be a terrorist, and this is just one more ploy to try and get control of the net.

Pretty soon, governments will be hacking us for our own safety, or trying to introduce laws (already on the table) to reduce the freedom of the net.

Thankfully, this will never happen - you can't control something as diverse as the net.

Hell they have enough trouble catching sexual deviants who pay with credit cards - what chance have they reaaly got of control?

None - that's why this fear story has surfaced.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Actually Justice, the story in the link is not about a surge in anti-govt and anti-western comments across various sites.

It was about cyber jihad software that some wannabe Jihadi's were promoting back then. They posted links to a download on a lot of arabic sites, trying to get coordinated attacks going on websites they felt were anti-islamic.

Debka made it out to be something quite worrisome.

In reality it was just lame, obnoxious, semi-useless software that was being used for DDOS attacks.

Somewhere on ATS I documented that I managed to find the website, the software, (e-jihad v3.0), and the analysis of it by security experts.

The software and the article had nothing to do with comments on various sites.

That is not to say that there is not a coordinated effort to post anti-western propaganda. There is IMO.

Its just got nothing to do with the article you posted though. Perhaps you have a better example for us?

new topics

top topics

join