It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Are you a skeptic, believer, or knower?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I would like to see everyone chime in here and see what type of make-up and percentages frequent this forum. I see 99% of the threads with footage get picked apart and debunked, but am just curious to see what the actual member base consists of on this forum through their own views and / or experiences.

Are you a:

a)Skeptic-Just not enough evidence for you to believe that UFOs are really out there.

b)Believer-You have seen enough evidence for you to "believe" that there are objects or craft flying in our atmosphere that are non-conventional, even though you have not witnessed them yourself.

c)Knower-You have witnessed these objects or craft directly, and KNOW that they are real, and traversing our skies and atmosphere.

I will kick this off:

My answer is C...I have had numerous sightings of non-conventional craft over the past 10-12 years, so for me it is no longer a matter of "belief"---I know they are real. Now I'm just trying to figure out who or what is piloting them.

Let's hear it--Which category do you fall under and why?

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
My answer would also be C.
I`ve seen them, both crafts and beings, I know they are real and I know who they are. But as time passes I tend to believe that there are many more of "them" that I have not a clue of.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Dang, my post went to the bloghole.

I would have to classify myself as a believer; I've seen enough things to convince me beyond any doubt that the UFO phenomenon is real and here on Earth. The degree of things I KNOW are few. I don't know who pilots the craft, where they come from, when they come from, what it means, or what their intentions are.

I would love to know any of these things.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My answer would be B.

The universe is far to vast for there to be no other life in it. With that being said, I believe many of the craft we see could be man-made.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I would say B. I've seen evidence, and I've seen something like UFO in the sky. I am a human being, so I could be wrong, until I see them myself, Im a believer.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am firmly between A and B. I believe we are being visited and in alien contact however I am skeptical of MOST of the so-called 'evidence' presented. If you can rule out as much evidence as you can ,what you are left with, if unexplained ,is the some good evidence.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am a B with A tendencies. I believe there is most definitely life out there, is it visiting us? Hard to say either way. It's very hard for me to believe in alien abductions, people that claim to be in "contact with aliens" and all of that...since it has not happened to me or anyone I know who I would believe if they told me, such as a relative, close friend etc.

I have seen a UFO I believe MIGHT not have been man-made, but I don't know that 100%...I think there's a 85% chance it was not man-made especially since I saw it in '80 and there hasn't been anything man-made that has come "out" of the top secret stuff like the stealth etc that looks even remotely like it and that was almost 30 years ago.

Actually before I found ATS, I believed MORE...but only because I was fooled by a lot of the CGI, and a few of the hoaxes. With ATS at my disposal, with all the great material and threads I have been leaning towards the opinion that %90 of the "evidence" out there is pure garbage ie. explainable.

I live to find the 10% that's not, while I am on ATS

[edit on 8-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

[edit on 8-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Just as LA313 has it, I'm a B with A tendencies. (Well put.
)

I've seen enough to be sure, in my own mind, that I don't have the full story. But I'm far from accepting as total truth most of what is put forward.

I tend to NOT form any opinion about evidence until I see all sides of it, which makes debunkers call me an idiot and true believers a heretic. So be it. I chose this path because it seems the most likely to be fruitful, in the long run.

I just want the truth, and I think it's out there, somewhere.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Im an A/B. Iv'e seen some evidence which doesn't seem refuetable such as the UFO'S involved with the NASA flights. But there are so many forgeies and easily explainable events. I'm not quite there where i 100% believe we are being visited. But i am 100% that there are other lifeforms in the universe.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
C). I've had quite a few experiences, at least one contact and a few 'UFOesque' sightings, that have lead me to KNOW we are not alone.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
As I've stated on this site many times, I've seen a Bigfoot. I saw it with my own eyes.

That makes it difficult to say someone else has not seen an alien.

As for UFO's, they tend to leave me alone. I don't know why. I think I should be the first one they probe and analyze. They have no interest in me though. Not once have I awoken with a puckered butt and wondering what the heck just happened.

They must not know just who I am, or I don't

They need to wake up soon, or I do.

Love and light,

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I would say knower that is very skeptical about what i perceive as evidence!

I know we are not alone and are being visited, but i believe only about .00001% of what we think we know is accurate!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am a knower, as a matter of fact I was just discussing my first sighting with my mother a few minutes ago.. it happened some 22 years ago.

she saw it too btw.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

My dear friend it is soo good to see you posting again. How could they NOT know who you are. would you like me to send a request that some come your way?

I don't know that they would. I have never made such a request but it couldn't hurt.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

my answer is b...too much evidence, not to believe something is out there...however this could be our own highly advanced and secret craft.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am a hopeful skeptic.

I have not seen anything that has turned me into a 100% believer and I view all that is presented cautiously - going thru a process of elimination and usually reaching the conclusion of "who knows?"....

Yet, I am hopeful that someday I will come across something that makes me say "ah ha!". What that is or what that will be? I have no clue. I will just know.

I also am one who believes that many of these alleged "alien encounters" are more of a supernatural encounter (angels, demons)
or just flat out made up. Again, "who knows?"

[edit on 8-6-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Me ? I am a BC.

Have seen many objects in the sky that can not be explained away by so easily.

I am also very unsure about a man whom I first encountered in a dream (abduction ??? ) but had never met before. I now see that man on a daily basis on my way to work. The first time I came face to face with him was on the train one morning 'many weeks later and I instantly knew him as the being who had taken me to the place whereby I had to ''play a game''. The outcome would determine whether or not I survived.

My experience began as an invitation to go to a party, I walked to the end of a dirt road and came upon a driveway lit by party lanterns, others were going inside the small white house too. The interior was immense like an office building with a lobby, and a person at a desk. When I looked up I could see people partying in all the rooms that were glass cubes, some had the lights off. I was told to go to a certain room and then was told to remove my clothes. The man I see on the train everyday, appeared and told that I had to disrobe and then he ferried me across some water on a river and used his index finger to make the rockface transparent so that I could see others like him, groups of perhaps 4 or more, bashing a person to death. He told that he wanted me to be successful at the game because I would face the same fate as the person in the "'rockface"'. I became physically ill at witnessing this and then the "game '' began. I had to spell words to survive, I spelled all three words correctly but the man guy said the last word was wrong. I told him that I had spelled the word correctly but he insisted it was not so. The word was METAPHORICAL.

Cutting to the chase...I survived but only after being saved by some guys dressed in black who stopped a steep inclined conveyor belt I was on heading towards a kitchen blender device. This was attached to a huge glass vat containing lots of blood and bones and there were hundreds of people watching lots of us tumbling towards the blending thing. I recall the conveyor being stopped then being helped off and told that I would be returned. I was put into a small boat and ferried back across some water.

The man I see maybe a Nordic. He is blonde, tall thin and has very light coloured eyes and blonde eyebrows. He does not acknowledge me but I feel weird whenever I see him. The first time I saw him on the train I had the deja vu thing and I was shocked as I instantly recognised his face and recalled the experience.

When I analyse this experience, I see lots of metaphors and the party was not a party for me, rather a party for others to enjoy.

This is why I am a believer/knower.

I am sure many of you will have a great laugh at my story
and that's cool
but it was moe real than any dream.

I have just confirmed my status as a resident loony at ATS

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Im a C/B with a little A thrown in let me explain.Back in the mid 80's while taking a break outside of my job I saw three of the most fantastic lights I have ever seen flying really fast into a cloud followed shortly by an fighter jet.The lights I saw was something I could not identify they where flying and they where amber,blue and green objects.Were they aliens? that I cant say but im open to the possibilty.Ive told my childhood alien story enuff on ATS you check out my other post to read what I have said about that.Are we alone i doubt it.Have weve been visited I think so but no evidence so far .See how conflicted I am

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Wow-I didn't know you had a contact biggie! I'd like to hear about that. Shoot me a U2U if you don't want to talk about it openly.

So far it looks like A & B's, or a combo thereof, are the most prominent. Keep weighing in here folks!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Im a C/B

I saw an object in the sky that I couldnt explain, but that doesnt mean that it was an extraterrestrial craft. I hope it was, but there is no way to be sure.

On the other hand there are vast amounts of footage and accounts from reputable people like pilots, military personnel etc that are genuine, so that sort of sways my opinion to

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join