It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive New Chinese Missile Base Uncovered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
As for the China/Taiwan debate. I don't think China would make any moves against Taiwan in peace times. Quite frankly, it would be more trouble than it's worth, especially when you take into account what the international community would do in response.

So the debate is rather moot unless you want to talk about what could happen in times of war.

As for HAARP. I don't see any way it could possibly be used to trigger an earthquake. EM resonances really wont have much effect on a land mass unless you target an iron ore deposit... even then, the sheer mass of the deposit versus the strength of any EM wave would make it incredibly unlikely.

Basically, if you wanted to move something with the mass of a tectonic plate with an EM field, the EM field would be strong enough to reign in a whole new understanding of what "stray current" is. (and that's a sarcastically conservative estimate)

HAARP is a communications experiment, plain and simple. It's a new twist on the old shortwave theory, instead of using the atmosphere to bounce off of, use the ionosphere to resonate through.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by johnsky]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think the virtual no-post that you see by "Anonymous ATS" is only for news threads to keep them circulating at the top for awhile. It brings more readers to the site and allows search engines to index. Not a bad idea I guess.

The one InChinSan is referring to was actually a live valid post that we believe was pulled.

Thanks John, that was some good HAARP info.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

A difference in a short-term oriented and long-term oriented view. By invading Taiwan this year, there is nothing to gain except that you have a strategic piece of rock for a potential future war. However, this means you will destroy any credibility to the world, all trade will ceases. Embargos and boycotts. You have in fact the world against you. This means a setback of 30 years development. And it would ruin the Chinese economy, which is for a major part dependent on foreign investments and exports. Guess what, if because of a stupid war to gain a rock when China is not being attacked or provoked, then you can be guaranteed an uprising will occur immediately among the Chinese people, who have our boys in the PLA,PAP etc.

No Chinese leader is so short minded, maybe following a hardline? yeah, maybe they should be harder, but an invasion? No way we can pull it off with more gains than loss. Eventually is this all about gaining instead of losing?

Normalization of the relationships, economic further cooperations, peaceful growing and voila in time you will see an unification. Sooner or later. And of course i hope for the former.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Good post InchiSan, makes some sense.

To me though, it would only be the West boycotting China after a Taiwanese invasion. Basically US, Canada, GB, Austrailia, Japan and maybe Germany. The rest would be neutral.

I don't think Western boycotting would be enough as the West is actually more dependent on China right now. The US would face internal pressure from Corporations who have alot to gain by keeping Chinese investments.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

No, the boycotts will affect China much more severe. We will be dealing with all the Western countries (America, EU, Australia) AND Japan & South-Korea including India. This alone already account for the major share of the exports. Also you will see the smaller neighbour countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Nepal, Pakistan, Central Asia and so on, starting to become afraid of this agressive China who used force to take Taiwan back. What would these smaller countries feel and think? Maybe I am next! And why not? Where is the stopping?

Eventually there will be no ordinary Chinese people supporting this if the consequences is a total economy collapse. And the Chinese leaders know this very well. They are allowed to defend ourselves, against any invasions and/or seperatists. We will even fight with all our united heart, shown in the recent months against any attacks. Either it be anti-China Western media reporting or Free Tibet terrorists. We will also even support any "hard actions", especially when one of us is being hurt by these people. This unity is the unofficial mandate we have given the current leaders to do whatever is needed to protect China and our interests.

HOWEVER, they are fully aware that this mandate is not for attacking our brothers and sisters in Taiwan! This mandate is not for continuing the corruption in the politburo and local governments! This mandate is not for ignoring for all the other pressing social issues! If this mandate is abused you will see it backfiring faster and harder than it was given.

[edit on 22/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm starting to believe this NWO stuff more.

I'm thinking China will be provoked into a war with Taiwan, much like Japan was in WWII. It is following the same pattern:

US builds Japan's economy > US becomes dependent on Japan > US looks for opportunity to defeat Japan

As the US dollar decreases and China's control of 1.4 trillion in US debt may be causing NWO architects to panic a little. An attack on Iran would knock out 17% of China's Petroleum reserves.

Obama's top foreign campaign advisor, the author of the "Grand Chessboard" states that China must be defeated in order for US NWO objectives to become realized.

Watch the video by Rebelian on the first page of this thread.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Look, that is a NWO conspiracy theory which makes more sense why you would be so obsessed with China. But hey, we are in a forum with many of us believing in these kinds of conspiracies.

We will see in the near future if anything you or other NWO theorists theorized might come true, isn't it?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well, i'm starting to change my views somewhat. Not totally, but if the US did somehow have a hand in the Chinese quake, this isn't good.

The timing seems to be more than coincidental, just before the Olympics. Also, it really just came out of nowhere. The HAARP like Cloud formations before the quake, one should never discount.

China wouldn't risk doing any advanced weapons testing before the Olympics (I wouldn't think).

The US came out with the B2-Bomber in the 80s, I'd suffice it to say, weather warfare may surely be here.

Iran had some big quakes last year too.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

This is something I wrote to a personal concerned friend.

First of all, hope you understand the following potential causes of this terrible earthquake.

Main categories:
1) Natural Disaster
2) Manmade accidental
3) Manmade intentional
4) Religious

I will start from 4 first.

4) Relgious:
Some say God or other all-mighty power is "punishing China and/or World". I'm a Buddhist myself, so I do't believe in a God. Even if a God does exist, it will be hard to imagine he is a mass-murderer, even killing so many innocent blank-paged children. Children who don't even know what it looks like to walk on the streets of Shenzhen.

3) Manmade intentional:
Many coincidences tell a lot of people that this IS a manmade intentional earthquake, many theories a going around. To name a few:
- Tibetan terrorists on Buddha's birthday infiltrated and exploded the nuclear storage of China.
- American's HAARP, related with NWO's depopulization theory. Earthquake creating machine.
One of the main reason why I don't think this is a Manmade intentional case is the location. If I was a malevolent power trying to destroy China and have an Earthquake creating device, then I would have attacked the Three-Gorges Dam just a bit to the South or hit the Political center of China in Beijing when both our leaders were there. And if I can infiltrate the Nuclear facilities, this means I can also find a way to get the warheads out, which effectively means there are many more strategic interesting targets then the current under-developed small-town WenChuan and SiChuan area.
Also don't remember American spy and commercial satellite pictures have exposed the nuclear facilities to the public, and it is clearly shown to the world that the startegic nuclear facilities are not damaged.
Also one of the importance for a terrorist group to attack your enemy is to let their supporters know they have won a battle. However the case is that no terrorist organization stood up to claim this is the act of theirs. The world keeping it as the official version as a natural disaster would be meaningless to them then. Unless it is a blackmail to our government and to show what they are capable of. But I doubt very much what kind of organization could challenge the Chinese power now in such a way nothing is leaked to the outside world.
Even more important to me personally is the "Toads" and other animal abnormal behavior in SiChuan. If it is a manmade intential earthquake there is no possible way these animals can ever sense danger, and they would be as surprised as all the people were. So I simply rule out the nuclear option, and Earthquake devices? makes no sense. They have only created a more united China than ever and the leaders are being loved now. If an evil power did do it with the intention to hurt China, then they have only created and awoken an even stronger enemy.

2) Manmade accidental:
There are also many events going around the world, which seems a possible reasons to many. Again to name a few:
- CERN in Switzerland doing unprecedented dangerous tests which might even create a blackhole and change the world.
- Nuclear testing went wrong by the Chinese army
I will refer to the abnormal animal behavior again, and this is an indication that it happened not as a surprise to the animals. Because if it is a test goes wrong, then animals would never have predicted it beforehand. Although the CERN testing happened for some time if I'm correct, so who knows what it might have created to the Earth.
Just be reminded these are wild guesses. And if a manmade accident, then no foul play and no war at the corner.

1) Natural Disaster
- Continental plates causing earthquake
- Sunflares activities
- Climate Change
- etc
When we look at this earthquake of 8.0 which is detected all over the world, there is not much to hide about the strength itself. And don't under-estimate a 8.0 compared to 6.0, this is many many times much stronger and equivalent to a huge number of our most powerful nukes. The area is known for having earthquakes, so it is hardly suprising for the seismologists that SiChuan will be hit by a strong earthquake. This was forecasted by a researcher in 2002, and even last year by a seismology Chinese student. And so far this is still the most logical reasononing in my humble opinion.

Please also keep on alert, this is why I am aware of many conspiracy theories, but don't let these very-often paranoid theories eat you up. You should be the one in control and act accordingly from the researches you have conducted on a certain theory. I would not simply rule out any possibility.

So in sum, be alert, be prepared, and act accordingly to certain potential scenarios.

Feel free to contact me anytime!

Rgds,
Ichi.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Will do, and thanks for that very informative post.

One thing though that doesn't quite fit for me is the Clouds before the quake. If the pictures and video posted here are authentic and indeed before the quake, they have a HAARP signature showing the "Northern Lights" coloration with ionization.

The problem I have is, the Aurora Borealis only comes out in the evening at dusk or night. Never in the daytime.

I was doing some research on HAARP and an someone who studies Physics said it is easier than most people think to conduct weather warfare with HAARP and namely Earthquakes.

I'm looking up more information on HAARP, and there sure as hell been alot of weather catastrophes the last few years and don't think it's Global Warming.

As for the location of the quake, I think if the US conducted a HAARP attack, they would want to make it vague as to not be outright obvious. If it were me, i'd do that.

You can't chop down a Redwood Tree overnight.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

A friend tried to explain it to me, still have to figure out two things. The clouds are real before the Earthquake and the science/logic behind it.

Earthquakes actually produce a large amount of electromagnetic energy which builds up with the pressure (friction really) and discharges with the quake itself. This discharge can alter the charge of moisture in the air and often leads to torrential electrical storms in the affected area, as indeed has happened. Animals do seem able to sense these rapid and unusual changes and run/fly away from them. I guess it must be the same as an unpleasant sound or a bad smell.

By the way, your avatar is creeping me out. Just elect one of them, would you? Be decisive, make choices, like Wen Jiaobao has shown the world in dealing with a crisis

[edit on 22/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I've been meaning to change that Avitar soon

That makes sense, but I really wonder. I studied Earth Science, and never once did we learn about these Clouds before Earthquakes.

I'm wondering if they just tried coming up with an explanation for them scientifically, though isn't really verified. If this were the case, we'd usually have at least 30 minutes warning or so. They would appear before almost every Earthquake and they do not.

HAARP causes Ionization, just like these Clouds portray. I'm sure animals can sense something isn't right as HAARP would beam invisible waves against the ground with alot of wattage.

To me, having studied science, the Earth's magnatism does cause the Aurora Borealis by the collision of solar molecules streaming from the Sun with that of the Earlth's charged molecules near the poles caused by magnatism.

I don't think magnatism plays any role prior to Earthquakes as seismic waves are created by colliding Technonic Plates at the fault lines.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ok my two bits worth.

Nearly everyone in assuming that China is gonna use these site’s to launch the missiles from, but where they have one of these sites they might have more that we don’t know about which would be a lot closer to their intended targets, this is feasible as the constructed could resemble staging for military convoys, and the launchers are mobile and don’t really need any purpose built site to launch from just enough time to set up and fire.

Secondly using the Olympics as a cover for taking back Taiwan would give them a huge hostage potential; forget about the contestants, it’s the people that go to watch the games I would be concerned for.

Although I hope there is no repeat of the Munich Olympic massacre of 1972 and hope that the Chinese don’t try to use the games for what is being suggested as a possibility here and that all those who attend have a great time but time will tell so we’ll have to wait and see.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Don´t think they have started LHC up for real yet, as far as I know they are still testing and calibrating. Think they are to start up this summer or autumn.
And my guess is that whatever apocalyptic event they may or may not trigger would start out around the French-Swiss border and probably not unnoticed.

Edit: unless ofcourse the epicenter of the quake is directly opposite CERN on the planet or something like that.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by FedtStensDyr]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Yes very well spotted with the hidden agenda ..
BUT
did do you not realize ..CHINA is the modell
Its not for nothing that china has the most UN awards in the history
Because as we know ist such a good contry with such a good record in human rights ...
Communisn is not what it looks like its Fashism in power
and YES your president loks to china with ENVY
so stop kidding yourselfs ...WE ARE ON THE WAY TO ADOPT THEIR FASHIST SYSTEM AND YOU ARE TOO BLIND TO EVEN NOTICE

China is the model which all countries will adopt ..
You are so blind wiht your hate and dislike about china ...
They are th emodell !!!
ALLL our leaders are looking to china ...NAd we will adopt their model ..
Human right?? forget it ..Your a slave to the system and that the way it WILL be
there is nothing oyu or me or even all of us could do ..
Really sad all these demonstrations agains china ..THIS IS SOOO FTILE and worst they completely miss th epoint and the government is lAUGHING at all of us ...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

China sure have been busy Bees, haven\'t they? The US keeps building up their economy while they point more missles at the West.

Yeah their "economy", of course.
That's why the American economy is in recession and facing trillion dollar deficits, because they've been "building it up" a little too much. They left it in the oven for a little too long so to speak.

New's FLASH:
The military budget of the US is over $600 billion dollars.
www.globalissues.org...

3.7% of American GDP. 46% of Total World Expenditure.
Do I ever see articles on this stunning revelation? No.
This is what America is spending taxpayer's money on, fruitless wars, excessive amounts of ordinance and weaponry and military technology.

Here the Chinese build a missile installation worth at most a ten's of millions of dollars and this makes headlines as an act of aggression or escalation of tensions.

The US spends more per year on arms than anyone else in the world, and you don't here a peep.

Apples and Oranges here... that's the thing to remember.
This may seem like something, but compared to America this is a piss in the ocean in term's of military advancement.

Stop blowing things out of proportion. The Chinese can build as many friggin' Missile bases as they like underground, I don't recall this violating the Geneva Convention or the UN Charter on War, do you?

The US has over 300 hardened Silos dotted across the nation.
www.hq.usace.army.mil...

Let's prioritize our attention here...

China builds one puny silo, armed with missiles that can't even reach Mongolia and sensationalists crackpots like you sh*t your pants and claim this is evidence of aggression?

Sigh....

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
CHINA IS INTELLECTUALLY BRILLIANT. THEY DO NOT HAVE TO AIM MISSILES TO TANK AMERICA, ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS DUMP THE DOLLAR! THEY HAVE US BY THE BLLZZZ! LOL! THEY HAVE SUCCESSFULLY BOOTLEGGED ANY AND EVERY AMERICAN PRODUCT HELPING TO LEVEL OUR MANUFACTURING AND TRADE INDUSTRIES, THEY ARE LITERALLY PIMPN US! SNOOP DOG STYLE! AND WE OWE THEM A DEBT OUR GREATGRAND CHILDREN COULDNT PAY BACK! ( NOW GOIN TO LOOK FOR MY SUPERFLY COLLECTION, DAM IT !)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I'm not an apologist. But lets get real here. What is the population disparity between China and the US?

They're developing a space agency to rival ours, and frankly everyone likes to save money. Missiles always come in handy because it beats having to build actual fences, except when your financial diplomacy fails...another story for another thread.

But as a move to bolster basic research efforts in missile technology, having a Massive New Chinese Missile Base is eventually not only good for the Chinese (and maybe a bit scary), but it puts another fire under the butts of our braniacs at NASA. I say let 'em sweat it out and think again about how risky anti-gravity or anti-matter or other exotic tech might seem in the face of this threat.

And its not the threat of the missiles launching. Their threat has already been realized. The threat is falling behind, hopelessly behind, as the rest of the world starts to line up to buy what we'll all need pretty soon: a way to get off this planet.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Here is my vision of what is going to happen. The cold war provided lots of jobs and we spent tons of money to feel safe. Then cold war ended and we had about 6 months with no bad guy. Thank god for Iraq and the terrorists, it gave us a another bad guy to spend trillions on. Well I think the terrorist story is starting to run its course is and with in a year or two we will need another very bad guy (china). This will allow the spending spree for more military and homeland defense. It helps if you get them up to speed so that they actually seem scary. Maybe get bush on tv telling us how bad the chinese are when we gave them everything they needed. Did anyone notice that article about how the chinese stealth sub popped up undetected during one of our exercises in the pacific. The chinese will do just fine to keep the money rolling. Just think about the use of private contractors, they need to show profit and growth. If your business is war you need lots of wars to make good money.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
That's a good analysis, and a possible, if not likely scenario. Our government is handling China with kid gloves right now because of the economic relationship. The game is played on many levels. As Carl von Clauswitz said, "War is a continuation of politics by other means."

You seem to be shrewd and well informed. Why don't you join ATS and give us the benefit of your insight as a member?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join