It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analyze This - (dream interpretation needed please);

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Can anyone provide some genuine 'dream analysis' on the following please ?

Let me begin by explaining briefly that (much to my frustration), I hardly ever remember my dreams. On the occasions that I do they are remarkably vivid and I always feel they have a very important message in them. The thing is (probably because of my lack of dream recall), I don't feel particularly confident in my ability to decipher their hidden meaning. And this one has me totally stumped.

So any suggestions would be most welcome (and a pleasant change ... it's usually me handing out advise).

DREAM #1; (last night).
In the dream I find myself wandering down a sparce, dimly lit corridor (shabby looking walls painted a kind of light grey-green colour) and I'm wearing a hospital gown (nothing on my feet). I seem to be a bit dazed and confused because I have no idea how I got there or why !

As I continue down the corridor I notice three pools of liquid on the floor (about the size of a saucer) ... on closer inspection they appear to be saliva (or somthing of a similar consistency), clear, thick liquid yuck ! Being barefoot I'm particularly careful to sidestep them as I continue.

About three-parts the way down I come to an open door (righthand side of the corridor) ... and seem to know this is were I'm meant to go. In the room is a metal hospital bed (unmade) ... one of those trolley table things at the bottom of the bed ... and a large mirror on the wall with a metal trolley (3 shelves) in front of it. There are a few random medical instruments on the shelves (don't remember anything specific). The whole room looks shabby ... like it hasn't be used for ages ... but when I sit on the end of the bed and look through the mirror I can see my reflection ... but there's lot's of activity going on in the background ... like watching a scene of how the room would have looked when it was in use and clean.

The next minute I find myself standing in a small country-style kitchen (although I feel it's in the same building as the hospital room)
I'm standing next to a fridge when a young girl comes running into the kitchen ... breathless as if she was being chased. In the dream this girl was my daughter (about 12-13 yrs old) ... but in real life she was/is the daughter of my first ever boss (she was about 12-13yrs old at the time so I saw her as she used to be ... I should mention that I haven't seen this girl since I left the job - nearly 30yrs ago). She seemed really flushed from running and said she 'didn't want to miss me' (I know that she meant because I was about to die)! Through the kitchen window I could see her friends (2 other girls who I didn't recognize), also running towards the kitchen door as if they were also being chased. I remember feeling concerned for a moment ... then saying 'I have to go now'.

When I start walking back down the corridor my 'daughter' comes running after me ... I turn and tell her to be careful ... not to slip in the saliva on the floor. I go back to the hospital room (on my own no idea where my 'daughter' went) ... get into bed ... then I'm gone (nothing).

That's when I woke-up with a very strong sense of WTF ???

Ok, there you have it ... my most recent dream.
I'll give you chance to give your opinions on this first but I have two more that I'd like to share. They are not quite as bizarre but I still can't figure out what they mean.

Awaiting your replies ... this is a genuine request for assistance, so please give genuine responses.

Thanks in advance
Woody.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i'll be brief and brutally honest. first impressions, given that your first job was 30 years ago i'ld say it is an anxity dream about the loss of fertility and entrance into what you see as old age. the corridor, the small pools of fluid, the disused medical room, the daughter, the feeling of being near death and the lack of any actual daughter mentioned.

might be way off base though, i think dreams are more about what the symbols mean to you.

do you attach any particular meaning to any of the objects in your dream?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by pieman]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hi Woody!

How odd, I just finished typing out something to do with dreams that I hadn't decided to place here or in BTS, having to do with messages in dreams, or information received while dreaming.

Anyway, about yours. It seems to me that maybe your body is trying to send you a message about your health possibly? Time for a checkup?

Also, like pieman said, it seems to be about ageing, and the loss of youth with possible concerns about your health.

When you mentioned the girl running up to you saying she didn't want to miss you seems to be about missing your youth from 30 years ago.

Also, interesting that you find the corridor and the hospital room in a bad state, but view the scene in the mirror about how it might have been, once again making me think that you are possibly reviewing how things used to be versus now.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Hey there pieman, thanks for the swift reply.

'Brutally honest' is exactly what I'm looking for (it's the only way to be).

However, if you've ever read any of my posts, you will know that 'brief' is a bit of an alien concept to me.

Ok, your anaysis; (anxiety dream) ...
Yes, I can go with that although I can't think of anything specific. But the 'loss of fertility' bit ... trust me I've done my bit on that score and have regained my sense of 'self' so I don't feel anxious in the slightest about whether or not I can still bear children any longer. To be honest I couldn't think of anything worse !

Getting older ... again not a problem, yes I'm in my 40's but I'm not the kind of gal who has a breakdown if I find a grey hair ... in fact I would love my hair to turn silver (but it's just not damn well happening).

It wasn't my real daughter in the dream but I do have 2 in real life ... both happy and independent.

Worried about death ... again no ... I have absolutely no fear of death whatsoever ... that's probably got a lot to do with being a 'Pastlife Regression Therapist' and my own experiences in that area.

I like your thinking though and if I was a standard middle-aged woman then I'm pretty certain you'd have got it in one ... but there's nothing standard about me or my lifestyle (thank goodness).

I definately agree about the symbology in dreams ... it's just trying to work out what tha symbology means. Thanks so much for your input though ... if you get any other ideas please post.

Woody

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
hrrrm, got the impression you weren't the standard mid-life crisis type alright, thought it might be a lack of offspring tugging on the old sub-concious, clearly not.

i'm a touch flumoxed then, i've re-read it, the dream sounds very disturbing by the way, the only thing i have is anxity over ageing but then the past life regression thing struck me, especially in relation to the mirror, dunno, just a hunch.

another thing that i noticed is you mentioned a fridge, i imagine you noticed it because it was out of place in the otherwise rustic kitchen. i've often come to the conclusion that a dream has been mostly a dream for me except for a single thing that stood out like a sore thumb. if it was out of place, focus on it and try to figure out why it is out of place. also try to see if you can see anything stuck to the fridge that might give you a clue to the entire dream.

other than that, i've nothing. sorry.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Hi 'EF' it's been a while how are you doing ?

As I said to 'pieman', I can see how you would think that, but my life 30yrs ago ... well I hated that job (hairdressing) it was my first job after leaving school and what a thankless task it was ... so no I definately never missed it. Whereas now I absolutely love my work as a PL therapist and I'm my own boss ... what more could I ask for ?

And since I left my violent ex-husband and moved north (14yrs ago), my life in general as been fantastic.

There might be something to the health issue ... I suffer with migraine and naturally enough (if I get a few bad ones in close succession), I sometimes wonder if there might be more to them. But I don't obsess *sp* ? about it and I haven't had a migraine for a while now.

I have no fear of death but the only thing that bothers me about that is the fact that there is so much I still have to do ... don't have time to die until I'm well into my 100's.

Thanks for the input. Woody

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Woody,

I'm doing well, thanks for asking.

Glad to hear that you don't mind getting older and are not afraid of death. I feel pretty much about all that the same as you do!

One other thought that crossed my mind about your description of the saliva, is that maybe something was said lately that shouldn't have been, or somebody is considering saying something they shouldn't?

When you then tell your daughter to be careful not to step in it, could that mean she should keep quiet about some sort of secret?

Maybe the refrigerator represents a vault where the secret should be kept?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I really appreciate your thoughts pieman ... and yes it was pretty disturbing but only when I woke-up ... didn't seem to be upset or scared in the dream at all ... if anything I seemed oblivious to the strangeness of it all.

Interesting you mention the pastlife thing and the mirror connection ... I've been pretty busy of late, seems like everyone wants to get regressed at the moment. Maybe I need to pace myself a little ... who knows ?

I'll try to tune-in to the fridge and see if I remember anything being on it.

The thing I do remember thinking strange to me whilst I was in the dream ... was the sense that the hospital room and the kitchen were in the same building ... that was really odd.

Woody

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Now that seems to strike a chord ... although I have no idea what it is that might be said that shouldn't be.

I shall telephone my daughters tomorrow and find out if there is anything relevant going on.

Thanks for that and I like the fridge being a vault idea too ... kind of makes sense for some reason.

I'll let you know if this is applicable to one of my girls tomorrow.

Please keep the ideas coming if someone has another suggestion ... where else could someone post something as random as this and get some instant suggestions ... I love this about ATS.

Thanks again 'EF' and 'pieman' ... I'm off to bed now ... need my beauty sleep now I'm so bloody old.
but I'll be back tomorrow refreshed and revitalized.

Cheers Guys. Woody

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Moving to the Dreams and Predictions Forum

My thoughts on your dreams based on several "dream interpretation" books I have:

picking up keywords, hospital, spit, , kitchen and fridge.... all those words tend to have a negative association.

You being a patient in a hospital could signify an underlying health issue that you have yet to find out about, the sense of old and new, could mean that it's a reoccurring illness. (one books says dreams of being a patient in a hospital means that a contagious disease may be in your community)
The spit/body fluids also seems to have a negative meaning.. perhaps this illness will bring on family disagreements or alienation from friends and relatives. The daughter/boss's daughter is a little harder to analyze but I think it means that whatever negative is coming won't last long and will be short lived. The fridge is very interesting... one book says that to dream of a fridge portends that your selfishness will offend and injure someone who endeavors to gain an honest livihood.

hope that helps...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hi, I just wanted to share the two dreams that I have had that have stuck out as unique to me. Both have occurred within a month of each other and were about 2 months ago. Anyone's interpretation of them is welcome!

1st: I am living with my mother in a small house that consists of two small rooms for her and I, a kitchen, and a hallway full of rooms to house people that have been driven insane due to their experience with the supernatural. My mother and I are tasked with taking care of these people, and because they are nocturnal so must we be. There are no lights on in the entire house and we bake muffins by moonlight. After the muffins are done my mom puts them in a basket and tells me to hand them out to the people, but to knock very lightly on their doors, and to not say anything, only offer the muffins for them. I go to the first door with the basket of muffins in my hand, knock lightly. A few seconds go by and I whisper at the door "I have muffins for you if you would like some." The door suddenly opens up and an old lady with completely white hair and white eyes grabs my throat and takes the entire basket. This dream was incredibly real and woke me up with me screaming.

2nd: I had this dream exactly a week after the first one and it also jolted me awake because it seamed so real but I wasn't screaming. I am in a sort of ceremony chamber with what looked like a bath tub. There is one person who I can't recognize on one side of the tub and another with his back turned towards me. Again it is completely dark. The person in the tub is sitting up with a completely blank look on his face. I realize that the person in the tub is me. The guy that is facing away from my is holding my bodies right arm and stabbing into the opposite side of my elbow, the part of the arm that closes when you flex your bicep. The knife is changing colors and emitting smarks wich diffuse into my arm. The person on the other side of the tub says "This one is strong, don't worry about how hard to press down.

I awoke from both of these dreams feeling as though they were real. I would greatly appreciate anyones interpretations of either of the dreams meanings!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What if it wasn't a dream. . .but a glimpse into an alternate life/universe? As a child, I had dreams of this emotional magnitude, only to discover a sudden "memory" of a given event 20 years later. To a degree, we ALL have various degrees of psychic abilities. However, If I made $200,000 a year. . .I would simply say "Hmmm. And what do YOU think it means?"

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Hi guys

I am new here, so I cant start a thread of my own.

Please explain this dream to me.A week ago I had a dream that I was driving home when the skies opened up (it was at night by the way) and I saw the galaxy and all the planets that are close earth were very vissible.Then God spoke to me and said

"Earth is our God, every planet has their own God, governed by the almighty, the God of Gods.He said the human race does not know how to differentiate between the two.He then said if we hurt our earth we hurt our God, and we should look after earth"

I posted this on FB and someone asked me if I had watched Avatar before, and at that time I had not.Actually this inspired me to go finally see the movie.

Can someone tell me what this means?Please

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Is there anyone to interpret the dreams that i had?

top topics

join