It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Perfection ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have a puzzle i am hoping that some of the brainy ones on this site can explain this further.
God is perfect.
We are told that a circle is perfect ( O ),but this cannot be, because it has a beginning when it is being drawn, it has to be made ,and until it is made it is not perfect,and so imperfection is needed to make perfection,and that cannot be right,because perfection must come first.
unless it starts as a dot or flat disc ,and then expands, but can only expand so much before it breaks,maybe it starts as an orb?

Is this where the theory of the big bang come from?

Is the answer light or energy?
thanks for any input,mike

Replaced 'All Caps' in title

[edit on 21/5/08 by masqua]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Mathematics are perfect
A perfect circle can never be created by any other means. Once you examine what appears to be a circle close up, you begin to notice imperfections, either on the circle itself or in what the circle is drawn on. This may not appear to be apparent, but when you magnify more and more you find the imperfections.
A question about the mathematics though, and that to create exact Pi, you need the exact number of decimal places of Pi, which apparently stretch away, possibly into infinity

The answer to the big bang is in what caused it

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
thanks for your answer mark,after a lot of thought,i think that a circle is just a physical way of describing perfection,and the answer to perfection is love. If you look at the meaning of the two words love and hate or good and evil and really think about them,love is all positive and good and so must be perfection, look at the opposite hate or evil it is all negative and so destructive. We are told that god is love but if we have not experienced love when we were young, how can we understand the experience that god is love. Not until you experience it for yourself can you know for sure. mike

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stmichael

I don't think in this life, or any, anyone will see perfection, because perfection in itself, is an imperfection. We, as humans, are not supposed to be able to attain perfection, so if someone happened to, then they would have an imperfection.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Interesting, but I don't get why mathematics are perfect? They're just a creation too, or am I seeing this wrong?

When comes to love, I don't think it's only nice, only positive and good. Because what is "good" really? And how about "nice" and "positive"? I think by putting things this way, you're getting further and further away from "perfection", if that even exists.

If love was "perfect" and if that meant that it was all good, all nice,... then I don't think love would still exist. Isn't the whole idea of love getting killed by trying to make it into this all wonderful, shiny experience? What happens when you're fighting with your loved one because of some stupid thing (we all do it... that's just how human we are)? Is love then gone?

For me, perfection (the way we're seeing it), isn't to be obtained. It would kill all life, in my eyes. Only by seeing the good things in "bad" things (etcetera etcetera) can we truly feel something that comes close to "perfection", life itself, I think. But it will never be truly "perfect", because all that has to be created starts off with imperfection, and for that it can't be perfect.

A little buddhism, I suppose.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Everything is relative!

Originally posted by stmichael

God is perfect.

Not if you are an atheist or burnt at the stake or just lost a loved one.

We are told that a circle is perfect

Only from a defined point of view and not if you require a line.

I don't think perfection should be a literal discription but an "ideal" applied to the subject matter. What seems perfect for one is imperfect for another, this can be applied to everything can't it....therfore, perfection cannot exist except as a human concept.

Also, mathematics is not perfect because it relies on calculations based on human imput...we are fallible are we not. A correct and an incorrect answer may be given for the same calculation or geometry diagram etc, but the answer depends on the "calculator"....machines included.

The only mathematics that could be perfect would be "self correcting"! (but the answer still has to be proved to be correct) Paradoxical.

And if anything was "perfect", it would HAVE to firstly be "perfection" ...........but if is was....it would not be questioned.

Interesting post

new topics

top topics

join